Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hmm that Arbiter change seems really interesting. Our 4set is making SR less effective due to high RC uptime. With a good castigator-bracers sweep you have 60-70% RC chance. This makes Arbiter a talent to go maybe in Nighthold. Plus this trinket http://www.wowdb.com/items/140806-convergence-of-fates and SI-Legen Shoulder combo we might be able to line Apocalypse-Arbiter-DT windows twice-thrice for 5 minute encounters. This is powerful. Also a mastery prior over haste might be a thing. They are balancing around Nighthold for sure..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathon View Post
    Hmm that Arbiter change seems really interesting. Our 4set is making SR less effective due to high RC uptime. With a good castigator-bracers sweep you have 60-70% RC chance. This makes Arbiter a talent to go maybe in Nighthold. Plus this trinket http://www.wowdb.com/items/140806-convergence-of-fates and SI-Legen Shoulder combo we might be able to line Apocalypse-Arbiter-DT windows twice-thrice for 5 minute encounters. This is powerful. Also a mastery prior over haste might be a thing. They are balancing around Nighthold for sure..
    The trinket proc is 3PPM according to wowhead so we can expect a 30 seconds CD reduction, thus making it absolutely perfect for lining up DT + Apocalypse + DA + Legendary Shoulders and yes, we might have it 3 times per fight instead of 2. This is ONLY if you take the talent Shadow infusion.

Nice catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathon View Post
    You need to be able to get into Nighthold to get all that loot.
    And by the looks of it you might have to go frost to do it, unless your guild is willing to carry you.

And then you will have to reroll back to unholy when (if) you are able to get the trinket, the 4pc + the needed legendaries.

Like needing the freaking bracers to be competetive wasn't cancer enough. Let's make it bracers + shoulders + trinket + 4pc.
    Yay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    You need to be able to get into Nighthold to get all that loot.
    And by the looks of it you might have to go frost to do it, unless your guild is willing to carry you.

And then you will have to reroll back to unholy when (if) you are able to get the trinket, the 4pc + the needed legendaries.

Like needing the freaking bracers to be competetive wasn't cancer enough. Let's make it bracers + shoulders + trinket + 4pc.
    Yay.
    Only 2pc is needed for the RC buff, but yes, i can feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by zevah View Post
    A) They always said that the top spec for a class should always stay the top spec, and they would never buff a spec that wasn't the best one to the top to avoid re-rolls. They already failed at this, expect Unholy to be the top spec this expansion.

B) There are literally 0 buffs to unholy so far this patch, why do you need to change again?
    Not only are there no real buffs to unholy on the PTR, so far it's an overall nerf for unholy, with the nerf to the bracers. I know a lot of people don't have the bracers, myself included, but the potential of unholy still looks to be lower on the PTR than it is on live atm.
    Last edited by Calai; 2016-11-23 at 04:49 PM.

What they should have done is make Epidemic baseline, make it deal less damage for all I care and give us another talent for runes, something connected to runic corruption I guess.

Anyone who caught what loot we're getting in NH (read: Convergence of Fates + 4set) knows these changes are somewhat significant.... Please don't think Blizzard isn't addressing our issues now.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Ppl should stop freaking out every time. They already told us there will be more significant class changes on the next builds.
    So we should be waiting for them to finish the pages and pages for changes to the other classes, and the patch to go live, and the next expansion, right? The time for feedback isn't when the changes are being made right? We wouldn't want to help them actually do anything to help fix the class, that would be foolish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Ppl should stop freaking out every time. They already told us there will be more significant class changes on the next builds.
    Im sorry are you new here? Bliz says lots of stuff which often turns out to be total bullshit wrt dks.

Dont make me list examples, please.

In an ideal world scenario, UF would be moved up to the first tier, replacing All Will Serve. Blizzard is all about meaningful talent choices, so I think choosing between UF and Bursting Sores would be right up their ally.

Soul Reaper could be made baseline, since almost every UH uses it. I think All Will Serve could be a tempting level 100 talent if it were redesigned. Right now I can't think of a single use for it; the damage is crap and the stupid skeleton requires constant babysitting so it doesn't pull shit. Cool idea, poor execution.

EDIT: And while I'm thinking about it, UF should be a haste buff rather than attack speed. ~15% haste for 2(.5) seconds per wound sounds good.
    Last edited by Katojan; 2016-11-23 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katojan View Post
    EDIT: And while I'm thinking about it, UF should be a haste buff rather than attack speed. ~15% haste for 2(.5) seconds per wound sounds good.
    Holy fuck that would be broken as hell and we wouldn't even need SR anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends if soul reaper becomes baseline or not

Deleted
    I wish blizzard would finally realize castigator have become so core, that we need it baked in.

Giving us free UF might be too strong, but maybe a free 58 talent is exactly what we need. Else bake in UF with 50% AS

Unholy as always been like this. In tier 18, frost was the go to spec until we got our 4 pc and unending hunger. Seems like it's going to be the same way in legion. Need bracers, shoulders, 4 pc and trinket. Oh boy... good thing I switched to frost yesterday. I'll switch back when I know for certain that unh will be on top, until then it's gonna be frost indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Unholy as always been like this. In tier 18, frost was the go to spec until we got our 4 pc and unending hunger. Seems like it's going to be the same way in legion. Need bracers, shoulders, 4 pc and trinket. Oh boy... good thing I switched to frost yesterday. I'll switch back when I know for certain that unh will be on top, until then it's gonna be frost indefinitely
    You have the same problem with frost and Convergence of Fates, if CoF works with Icecap + Toravon's, that's absolutely insane.

Daily DK PSA : Changes aren't final, however the speed at which these "major changes" are coming out is kinda worrying. Considering nighthold is supposed to be early 2017 we might only have like 2-3 weeks of 7.1.5 cause this is fuckin' slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    You have the same problem with frost and Convergence of Fates, if CoF works with Icecap + Toravon's, that's absolutely insane.
    They changed the trinket effect for frost. It now decreases the cd of empowered rune weap instead of pillars. If they stuck with PoF then frost would definitely without a doubt be OP. 30 sec off a 1 min cd and paired with ice cap? Pillars would never be on cd haha it would be busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Holy fuck that would be broken as hell and we wouldn't even need SR anymore.
    Yeah, that wasn't meant to be serious. Really though, UF should do something other than buff attack speed. Doesn't do much for us except give us more SD procs that we don't need.

So.. What you're saying is once Nighthold is out and -
    we get our 4pc,

and spec into one talent,

and regear to mastery,

and then get a specific legendary and trinket,

we'll probably be ok as Unholy -

Yeahhhhhnha thanks

depending on 1 trinket and an entire tier set to make a spec viable always turns out so well for the health of the game
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com