Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Pugging M+ as a rogue?

Hi all. I'm currently in doubt between having a rogue or a druid alt. I love dpsing, and rogues in general, which makes me lean towards the rogue. Rogue dps specs are great in M+ too, the druid ones less so. I'd have to tank or heal as a druid. Groups would most likely be easier to find as a healer or tank, that's true. But how well is it to find groups as a rogue? Will I be much worse off than a tank or a healer? I'd mostly be interested in mid-level M+ runs, around the 5-8 range.

Rogues are probably the worst class in the game for pugging m+ unless you have godlike ilevel.

Deleted
    Dude, its pure shit every week. I am 868 and i dont get an invite for M+5 or higher, ever. But i am sure, if i was 875, it would be much easier. In general it seems like we dont have a really good stand. And how on earth do you wanna explain to someone, that your ilvl is so low cause you wear low relics since they are just outperforming the other ones. I mean i am running 2 x RT and 1 x FT relics (845-850) cause i never got better ones and i had the opportunity to replace them with BP 860 Relics, but you would never do that and its worthless to explain. Lately i was honestly thinking about switching them tho, since its very annoying to find a group. Well, its not even annoying, its impossible.

And then it becomes a vicious circle! You Need higher m+ to upgrade your gear but the only m+ you find, is m+3. Thats how i feel like for weeks. In mythic+ noone gives a shit about if you are a really good player and you know how to handle your class perfectly. People just care about your ilvl since even noobs can compensate their lowskill with their gear.

I know it doesnt sound like what you actually wanted to hear dawg, but it is the truth. And still i play my rogue cause it makes fun regardless of all that annoying shit every week. If you really like your rogue, go for it.
    Last edited by mmoc4da4e39cc6; 2016-11-23 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    the itemlevel requirements are increasing for any class, because the market is full of 875-880-885. Furthermore if you dont have +10 timerun av, the chance to get a slot in those groups sinks to nowhere.

to be 875 isnt enough anymore to get an instant invite.

Deleted
    879 ilvl rogue here, still 80-90% declines on 8-10, but Im ok with that, ppl want ranged (last night spent 20 minutes on constant looking for 9-10s, no luck). For mid 4-7 its ok, every class/spec should be good enough after few weeks in mythic+ (for average 2 chest I guess) For Outlaw ilvl relics >> t1 relics after the nerf

Deleted
    880 ilvl, pretty much get invited to any m+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy View Post
    880 ilvl, pretty much get invited to any m+.
    even i had trouble last week with 890 and +15 time run av. rogue was very strong last id in europe.

I get into almost no pugs with 887 ilvl, BiS Legendaries, Achievement and 5% Trait so yea, its rough.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Orionmnt;43438830]879 ilvl rogue here, still 80

No.

Deleted
    I sometimes do it on my 860 Assassi rogue, but it sucks on trash packs.

PuG's always give me a hard time for our sucky AoE

Deleted
    Yeah i know the Problem with my Alt-Rogue, with the right build as Sin i nearly almost compete even with 875+ boostgrps, but getting into grps is a pure pain. I mostly do my chores now guildwise with him, and just go pug with my alt-druid as Guardian, iLvL dont Counts when they are waiting for a tank

Deleted
    TBH the problem isnt so much with only rogues. The problem, imo, lie in the fact that Blizzard have always made melee unfriendly encounters and they do aswell in mythic plus. And with legion they introduced 2 new melee classes (DH and hunter though not many play the latter ones) meaning that the competition for the 1 spot there might be in each 5 man group has a ton of players looking to join. Thus making it virtually impossible to get in any groups as melee.
    On top of that comes the general issue that people in general think Rogues suck at AoE'ing trash down. What they lack to remember is that on the higher lvl m+ dungs the trash lasts long enough for us to actually do our little tricks to them.

Deleted
    Blizzard have always made melee unfriendly encounters
    I am playing melee (never played a range) since 2005. I never met such an encounter.

Because of some rumors and maybe wrong experiences, a lot of people have prejudice against rogues. I read something like "rogues are doing to less dps for boost grps", "rogues doing no aoe", "need more aoe" in the most cases.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-23 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Rogues are probably the worst class in the game for pugging m+ unless you have godlike ilevel.
    yeah, for balance druids/warriors/ele shamans it's a regular picnic however

I am playing melee (never played a range) since 2005. I never met such an encounter.
    well just in the current raid content 2 out of 3 are rather melee unfriendly (odyn and helya) i dont even think method took any melee to their helya WF kill, definitely not rogues

for mythic+ hyrja can be melee unfriendly if you cant keep her on life side alone for example
    just look at 90% of raid/m+ compositions, there's always gonna be more ranged than melee
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-11-23 at 01:06 PM.

Rogues are awesome for mythic+ content. You can cheese a lot of stuff with cloak and feint, and you provide great CC and damage on priority targets. As 866 Mutilate, AOE is pretty good, though you won't hit a million unless it's a rather large pack. On normal packs of 4+ mobs, being above 500-600k is not an issue at all, and you got a solid interupt. Poison bomb is awesome burst AOE, which you can sorta predict by timing envenoms.

Furthermore, distract is a life saver when pats suddently come by, and sap let's you bypass pulls. Running subterfuge allows you to silence 4 casters on pull, which is also awesome, and you can repeat that with a midfight vanish. And you single target dps is great, of course.

I have no problem running +10, and we are pushing higher, even with the average in my group being between 855 (healer) and 867.

For pugs, I normally get invited up to +6, but for organized, higher is no issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah, for balance druids/warriors/ele shamans it's a regular picnic however

well just in the current raid content 2 out of 3 are rather melee unfriendly (odyn and helya) i dont even think method took any melee to their helya WF kill, definitely not rogues

for mythic+ hyrja can be melee unfriendly if you cant keep her on life side alone for example
    just look at 90% of raid/m+ compositions, there's always gonna be more ranged than melee
    You misinterpret too much.

going for 600-700k dps overall on +9 boost groups...(800k mos)

im actually king in m+ and even when i go with random groups that need another dps..they mostly add me for more runs.

this said - im 892 (890 equipped) and got insignia + boots which might be the reason...

but here n there..i get even declined by +5 groups...well some ppl are just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    You misinterpret too much.
    care to elaborate?

I really have no problem, been pugging M+ for the past few weeks as a Sin Rogue, starting at probably 862ish ilvl, and I'm at 872 now. Of course you get denied more than you get accepted, but that's going to be true of any class because that's how numbers work. 3 DPS slots and probably 10+ DPS applying to most M+, so it makes sense that often times you'll get denied regardless of spec.

I've had no problem pugging up to +8, but honestly I haven't even applied to anything higher than that cause I'd rather not PuG 9+ when I can just run it with my guild and know it'll go smoother.

Rogues are actually incredibly good (and maybe underrated?) in Mythic+ content, our trash DPS is high, and our boss DPS is even better than that. I really can't complain much.

Outlaw rogues, according to warcraft logs, are very highly rated in both clear speed and player damage in the 5 to 10 mythic + range. They are even take the #1 clear speed rank in a few of those tiers, while also maintaining top 4 in both damage and clear speed in that entire range.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/9#keystone=9