Ret Paladin Stat Query

Hey all,

Been simming my char and im being directed massively towards vers and crit now, after hitting around 21% haste. SC is showing my haste to be worth close to zero now ive hit that point.

Im simming around 330k and outdoing this a good bit, which is ok.

Ive recently got BiS legendary in the cloak and my weights have changed to heavy haste again, almost on par with Str.

Im leaning to going pure haste > crit > verse > mastery, regardless of the weights in SC.

Anyone any advice or tips around this?

Cheers,

Anti

So you get higher in ilvl it seems almost universal that Versatility will become your best stat.
    When you say "haste to be close to zero" do you mean close to your worst stat (possible) or actually close to no value at all (not possible)?
    If your outdoing your sim number on the same kind of scenario (fight length, movement style, add options, etc) as you've simmed for there is a real problem here. Sim numbers assume perfection beyond human ability and are unlikely to be matched by mortals let alone surpassed. Your not comparing dungeon trash dps with a raid boss sim I hope? But if this is the case, you'll want to review and make sure you're simming your self correctly.

Assuming your around 860-870 my experience has been at that vers=strength>crit=haste>mastery is a good simple guide, at 880 you might bump strength down to vers<str=crit=haste<mastery. At this time simcraft is the best tool we have to gauge our ever-changing stat weights and guess work over simulation data is probably not going to produce better results.

Hey,

Cant post links etc to show you things yet unfortunately.

I have 860 ilvl currently. Stats are:

Strength 26067
    Crit 25.21%
    Haste 21.38%
    Mastery 25.10%
    Versatility 4.30%

I simmed on standard patchwerk and im getting 326067. However im hanging dps around 360 or so, with burst hanging around 600 or so with wings and BL.

Honestly, my haste showed as 0.56 when i was talented into zeal, though i assumed this was an error or due to me having haste stacked gear on, where i was at only 25%. Its since corrected now though, and my recent sim shows weights as:

Str Vers Crit Haste Mastery
    Scale Factors 8.80 8.22 7.92 6.98 6.61

You think id be best then sticking to SC and Pawn upgrades then?

Cheers for any info.

Deleted
    Hi,

What actually happens is that there is some breakpoints of Haste, if you're just after a breakpoint your scaling value is very low because you're very far from getting to the point where more haste equal one more verdict templar during crusade.

What I suggest you is to try different setups and enable only haste as scaling value, if the number is high you need more hast to get to the breakpoint, if it's low then you're probably just above a breakpoint.

If you want to have a very good overall view of that I suggest you try the Plot function instead of scaling with a huge scale like from -2000 stat to +2000 stat with a lot of iterations, this will take a lot of time but plotting haste, crit and versatility will be very useful as you'll be able to see how much haste is necessary to get to the next breakpoint.

From my experience there is something like a breakpoint at 20, 25 and 30% but this is rough estimation, just practise and sim a plot before going to sleep or sth

Good luck in your Retribution theorycrafting !

From what I have seen the back throws off stat priority since you want more haste to keep it's effect active. Without it, I've been keeping around 20 - 22% haste and feeling just fine in my rotation. I've been prioritizing vers and crit at 877 ilvl.