ELE DPS advice please

My fellow shamans,

I'm a bit lost. In raids, I can melt any trash group but my single target DPS is a shame. Some facts about the underperforming shaman:

Recently, I was in a LFR group with my DK toon and another shaman pulled nearly 290k DPS on Guarm. His item level was slightly above mine, and he had the legendary boots.
    So i tried the same and recorded and uploaded the log. I pulled 210k on Guarm and 244k on Odyn. I have no idea, why I'm so bad.

WarCraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6mjyKR7YZ2Pbchpg/

Please guys, have a look. I appreciate any help.
    Thanks in advance.

From a quick look, it seems like your crit is a bit low, your legendaries are awful for single target (they're pretty much only useful for trash clearing), you're not using pots, your trinkets are pretty weak, and your flameshock uptime is low (only 80%, but it's super easy to get 100%). I also can't really tell if you're trying to line up your lightning rod or power of the maelstrom procs with stormkeeper -- it doesn't seem like it.

Guarm is just awful for ele shaman because it's single target. That'll change in 7.1.5, but for now, our ST damage is terrible in general. The legendary boots that the other guy had are currently a massive ST damage boost because it gives a good chance at extra, free earthshocks. All of these things more or less add up to that difference in dps.

I only took a very short look at the Odyn logs, but there's little use to trying to chain lightning on that fight because the adds spread out quickly (unless rune colors aren't a thing in LFR? I don't know, I haven't done LFR). It's better to just flameshock all the incoming adds and lavaburst like crazy during that time (lots of lava surge procs happen with so many adds out).

Yes, I had no flasks/pots. It was LFR, I just wanted to check if I'm doing something wrong rotation-wise.
    81% percent flameshock uptime is bad, I have to look for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Beastly Trash deleting ability but weak single target is pretty much Elemental's Spiel right now.

Designers specifically stated that this was the case. That Ele does fantastic in Mythic+, but is less special in raiding single target situations.

That said, as was pointed out and you acknowledged, you need to do better with flameshock uptime. Your Legendaries are essentially stat sticks for ST bosses and the boots the other guy has are phenomenal (almost BiS legendary).

Just wait until 7.1.5 and then spam chain lightning and out dps everyone in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kargos View Post
    I also can't really tell if you're trying to line up your lightning rod or power of the maelstrom procs with stormkeeper -- it doesn't seem like it.
    Is this considered as a notable DPS increase?
    Last edited by Halx; 2016-12-03 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Nope. You shouldn't wait for Power of the maelstrom right now, even waiting for Lightning Rod is questionable. I do it, but sometimes it's +10 seconds of unlucky proc and you are losing dmg. Keep in mind that Stormkeeper summon an elemental, and it's uptime is important as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Halx View Post
    Ist this considered as a notable DPS increase?
    Quote Originally Posted by UberpwN View Post
    Nope. You shouldn't wait for Power of the maelstrom right now, even waiting for Lightning Rod is questionable. I do it, but sometimes it's +10 seconds of unlucky proc and you are losing dmg. Keep in mind that Stormkeeper summon an elemental, and it's uptime is important as well.
    Right, that's what I mean. Sorry if that was confusingly worded. You should be lining them up as much as possible because it's a big dps increase. However, if RNG isn't in your favor, and lightning rod doesn't proc, use it within 10 seconds. You don't want to miss out on using it an extra time just because you wanted to line it up with another proc. I use Stormkeeper as soon as either LR or PotM comes up. If both come up, it's glorious.

As mentioned getting better trinkets would help a lot : imgur.com/BeudogW.png (Live) & stormearthandlava.com/elemental-shaman-hub/elemental-trinket-sims/ (7.1.5).

Currently on 7.1.5 Icy fury & Meatball(Ascendance) builds use different stats Icy Fury is Mastery/Crit while Meatball is Master/Haste.
    Last edited by Bubonix; 2016-12-02 at 07:59 PM.