Am I performing well as FROST DK? Help me figure out please

Hello fellow Death Knights,

I just cleared ToV HC and 4/7 EN M for yesterday (EN M 7/7 & ToV HC 3/3 clear with guild) and need your advice and opinion regarding my Damage as a Frost DK. What am I doing good/wrong? Where is improvement possible? Gearwise everything okay? I have multiple 870+ items banked in case I need to change my equipment so let me know what would you choose instead. I would really appreciate your suggestions.

Here are the links needed:

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/hWJzCxnFby12kZcR
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Idraah/simple

Note: For Elerethe Renferal and Il'gynoth I am the 2nd Tank
    Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    -Idrah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrah View Post
    Hello fellow Death Knights,

I just cleared ToV HC and 4/7 EN M for yesterday (EN M 7/7 & ToV HC 3/3 clear with guild) and need your advice and opinion regarding my Damage as a Frost DK. What am I doing good/wrong? Where is improvement possible? Gearwise everything okay? I have multiple 870+ items banked in case I need to change my equipment so let me know what would you choose instead. I would really appreciate your suggestions.

Here are the links needed:

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/hWJzCxnFby12kZcR
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Idraah/simple

Note: For Elerethe Renferal and Il'gynoth I am the 2nd Tank
    Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    -Idrah
    You should get your versatility up. I increased my dmg like crazy when I went for 10% versa. Especially my ST damage. Right now my stat weight is abit low on haste but rest is good. You should aim for 20-25 crit, 20 haste, 8-10 versa and 30+ mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Saynthebeast View Post
    You should get your versatility up. I increased my dmg like crazy when I went for 10% versa. Especially my ST damage. Right now my stat weight is abit low on haste but rest is good. You should aim for 20-25 crit, 20 haste, 8-10 versa and 30+ mastery.

I can't decide or find slot for my stats desire, it's driving me crazy. I was running Eye of Command 865 and Faulty Countermeasure 865 with this setup:

25% Crit (31% with Eye of Command and Crit Food)
    26% Haste
    27% Mastery
    1% Versatility

I read about the 25-20-X-8 but I can't really replace much of my gear. I have like literally 20 swap pieces (rings necks and trinkets) in my inventory. I don't really want to change the Signet of Melandrus 855, so I'm left with a single ring, neck and trinket.
    After reading this again, I've tried to lower my haste and got to 25% crit - 20% haste - 27% mastery - 3% versatility. I've swapped Faulty for Memento 865 and will try these tonight.

I can't really decide what to aim for. I've ran Sims and Pawn strings but I'd like your opinion on this.
    Is 20% haste ok? is 25%+ too much?
    Is 20% crit ok in exchange for versatility?

I can't find my logs right now (idk why), my dps is not bad (325k+ constantly) but I know it could be better. I feal uneasy when I can't decide/find stats I'm content with

Other trinkets i have are : Nature's Call 870 - Chrono Shard 840 - Paw 865 - Spiked Counterweight 840

What do you guys think ?

EDIT: I can also change the Chestpiece and get to 21-21-31-4 (or keep lowering haste in exchange for crit)
    Last edited by burnogaming; 2016-11-24 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    I'm aiming for about 23-24% because as far as I've heard with about 24% there is a sweet spot for keeping Icy Talon running smooth.

Read it here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43299316

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulDave View Post
    23% haste is needed for a human player to actually get an additional GCD during IT.
    20% is enough in a computed simulation, but when latency and frames are added, it becomes impossible for a human.
    That could be the explanation why simCraft continues to value it as the best stat until 23% Haste is reached, where the value drops significantly.

Deleted
    Your problem isn't stat weights. You're doing something wrong in your rotation, and a quick look at a couple fights shows exactly what. You're letting the Icy Talons buff drop off too many times, way more than you should, even when you're on target. Icy Talons should never be falling off when you're on target, especially when you have the Frost belt, which gives you plenty more resources than you can ever use.

Take a look at fights where you get good rankings, and fights where you don't. The difference is mainly on Icy Talons buff falling off too many times. Maybe it's a problem with how your strats work that don't allow for much uptime, but it's definitely hurting you.

Also, as a sidetip, if you have any other legendary instead of Koltira's belt, try using it instead. It may be that the belt is giving you too many runes, which in turn, makes it so that Frozen Pulse doesn't activate as often as it should. It's probably not the reason for your low DPS, but it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkler View Post
    I'm aiming for about 23-24% because as far as I've heard with about 24% there is a sweet spot for keeping Icy Talon running smooth.

Mhhh using Icy Talons to measure what i'm confortable with sounds good.

8% + vers helps a lot. I don't know about that 23% haste, my dps drops slightly when I run my 23% haste set up instead of the 20% set up

20% haste is fine, you should barely if ever drop Icy talons due to rune starvation, if you are a BELF your life is easier due to arcane torrent

Hey, so didn't read too many other comments. I recently simmed my dk and simmed at Versatiltily~> Haste. While I am on a very bad computer right at work right now (I can't really look up my own stats), upping your versatility definitely helps. Having crit between 23-25% is best, then try your best to stack haste and versatility.

I don't know about anyone else, but I suggest obliteration when having a more single target oriented fight, especially with the legendary belt. Every time Obliteration pops up is like an extra burst of dps, even at the end of a fight.

Lastly, grats on the 895 Ursocs trinket, while the STR is hella nice, maybe a different 880 trinket would be better. Maybe not though since you got the STR gem and all that STR from 895. But getting something else other than Faulty Countermeasure will boost you up a bit too. FC would be awesome if you had the bracers (Which I have) otherwise, it really won't help you too much. I used to run Eye of Command (Last boss Kara) and Mythic Titanforged Chaos Talisman (860) (Off one of the last bosses in Violet Hold). Currently I run an 880 Nightmare egg shell and Chaos Talisman. But I suggest switching off FC for sure. Definitely take the time to do VH and find a group to do last boss Kara if you dont have those Trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burnogaming View Post
    I can't decide or find slot for my stats desire, it's driving me crazy. I was running Eye of Command 865 and Faulty Countermeasure 865 with this setup:

25% Crit (31% with Eye of Command and Crit Food)
    26% Haste
    27% Mastery
    1% Versatility

I read about the 25-20-X-8 but I can't really replace much of my gear. I have like literally 20 swap pieces (rings necks and trinkets) in my inventory. I don't really want to change the Signet of Melandrus 855, so I'm left with a single ring, neck and trinket.
    After reading this again, I've tried to lower my haste and got to 25% crit - 20% haste - 27% mastery - 3% versatility. I've swapped Faulty for Memento 865 and will try these tonight.

I can't really decide what to aim for. I've ran Sims and Pawn strings but I'd like your opinion on this.
    Is 20% haste ok? is 25%+ too much?
    Is 20% crit ok in exchange for versatility?

I can't find my logs right now (idk why), my dps is not bad (325k+ constantly) but I know it could be better. I feal uneasy when I can't decide/find stats I'm content with

Other trinkets i have are : Nature's Call 870 - Chrono Shard 840 - Paw 865 - Spiked Counterweight 840

What do you guys think ?

EDIT: I can also change the Chestpiece and get to 21-21-31-4 (or keep lowering haste in exchange for crit)
    For trinkets, unless you have Legendary Bracers I don't think FC is worth it at all. That being said, I'd probably sim between ursoc's paw and Chrono Shard, Otherwise check my other reply for trinkets.