AP and Legendaries

So am new to lock and I would like to ask people around here how much difference do they make.

So far I'd say I've seen myself as destro with 16 treats being beaten by 26 treats destro lock with similar gear by 50k dps.

I currently dont have the chaos bolt shards and the full inc reduce cast time nor the full dmg on that.

I've also been in a pug where a destro lock with belt and 27 treats would pull 100k+ dps over me.

For demo from what I've understood I just got my 20 treats including doom x3 and the dps increase was close to 50k+.

So from my point of view so far treats for warlocks make a lot of difference and if you are a new lock locked behind timegated AK you can't really increase your dps until you reach 20+ treats on a spec.

Also it seems to me at least for destro the bis items are giving a huge DPS boost on ST making it more viable.

I've seen a person with affliction and less gear than me more treats dealing more dps as well.

So whats the case?

What should new warlocks go for a start atm. Don't forget getting to AK6 takes at least 2-3 weeks.

Deleted
    Forget the incinerate cast time and damage, they are absolutely negligible.

The Chaos bolt shard refund is quite nice, though, although I would be very surprised if that made up 50k dps.

What does "similar gear" mean? Similar overall ilvl? That doesn't tell you anything. DPS legendaries are by far a bigger dps increase than any number of traits above the 2nd golden one.

Edit: As for the way to go, you can read that in the spec guides stickied on this forum.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Did you check the ilvl of their relics as well?