Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not a 'Trumpster', but my intuitive read of the situation is that he is someone who never actually expected to be president and so said some outrageous things. He is also a populist, and in this case not all that experienced a politician. He does seem to be softening himself in some regards now and hopefully will be decent as things go forward. I just hope he surrounds himself with reasonably smart people.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I engage in a serious manner with those who can provide something intellectually worthwhile. To those who apparently can't, emoticons and smug remarks go. Plus, emoticons go often otherwise, because I am a friendly and nice sort - to those with whom it makes sense to be one.
    Well, you did answer, so kudos for that, and I *did* remember you giving some serious input in the egalitarianism thread. I'll admit that many of my posts are essentially fire-and-forget spells since I tend not to spend more than fifteen minutes daily on average unless I'm really bored.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Half of the items on the list are quotes which are taken completely out of context. Seems kinda dishonest to me.
    If it is out of context, what is the context?

And don't pull a Tony Abbott on this question

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Zero View Post
    Not a 'Trumpster', but my intuitive read of the situation is that he is someone who never actually expected to be president and so said some outrageous things. He is also a populist, and in this case not all that experienced a politician. He does seem to be softening himself in some regards now and hopefully will be decent as things go forward. I just hope he surrounds himself with reasonably smart people.
    From what we are seeing so far, not very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

(a) Trump is a phony and hypocritical liar that has betrayed his supporters with his rampant flip-flopping.

(b) I'm glad that Trump has flip-flopped because I didn't agree with his previous policy but supported him anyway.

(c) It doesn't matter that Trump flip-flops because policy doesn't matter, I just like and trust him.

(d) I believe Trump is a bullshitter who made wild promises that cannot be met so his flip-flops are inevitable because he's now being mugged by reality.

(e) I've been duped and conned by Trump's flip-flops.

(f) Something else?
    I didnt vote for him but....
    What president I mean politician didnt flip flop on issues? You do know they say things only to win votes during the whole campaign? Sometimes changing thier stance on something just because it has a political gain. Either President we got would go about doing that.

(a) Trump is a phony and hypocritical liar that has betrayed his supporters with his rampant flip-flopping.

(b) I'm glad that Trump has flip-flopped because I didn't agree with his previous policy but supported him anyway.

(c) It doesn't matter that Trump flip-flops because policy doesn't matter, I just like and trust him.

(d) I believe Trump is a bullshitter who made wild promises that cannot be met so his flip-flops are inevitable because he's now being mugged by reality.

(f) Something else?
    Campaign promises are just words? That never happens. I'd say some people are pissed but the ones who voted for him because he's not Hillary still would have voted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    They idolize and follow the man, not his policies.

Welcome to Fascist America.

He can say anything they would still worship him thats at least what i observe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Person: I voted for him because I wanted change
    Person: I knew he wouldn't change anything
    Person: I didn't think he would do what he said
    Person: Don't forget that I voted for the same house/senate
    Person: Yes the logic here is weak, but for 20 years the factory in my town has been closed and I haven't pulled my self up by my boot straps yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Vocal trump supporters are seemingly completely unable to see their own hypocricy. I saw so many examples between Hillary and Trump where a topic was damning to her, but a strength to him. A shooter may be a muslim (seemingly only depending on skincolor or name) or vote democrat? Oh hell breaks loose. Oh, a white male with a legally owned gun went berserk? DON'T YOU DARE TAKE OUR GUNS OR BLAME THE GOP OR WHITES

Funniest was the spinning of the Trump supporter at an Obama rally, versus the Republicans Against Trump protester at a Trump rally. Though I'm not even sure even the hardcore trumpets think The Donald handled it better than Obama.
    "Listen to him." versus "Take him out!"
    So they came up with that he was obviously a paid plant. Of course.

Hillary has some bad spots after 30 years of politics? That satanic nasty woman.
    Trump blurted sexism, or affirm a conspiracy theory, or blatant hypocricy, a couple of years ago? Pft who cares that was back then.

Hardcore vocal Trump supporters are a good example of whats wrong with todays society of taking pride in willful ignorance, and blatant hypocricy. While it's hardly unique to them, the plague of people only listening to what affirms their views is harmful to our nations.

But no. This time, someone who extremely unfit for the presidency, showing pretty much every sign of a bad leader and huge flaws of personality and knowledge, won because he naturally got critique by anyone with standards. He became the underdog because no one like him deserves sympathy.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-11-29 at 01:31 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Funniest was the spinning of the Trump supporter at an Obama rally, versus the Republicans Against Trump protester at a Trump rally. Though I'm not even sure even the hardcore trumpets think The Donald handled it better than Obama.
    "Listen to him." versus "Take him out!"
    There were many times Obama acted somewhat less than presidential; I think what you're noticing is the disparity in media coverage of those events.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Thanks for going over them all. It's funny how the media will pick and choose certain quotes and then not include others.

Quoted the whole thing so those who missed it could also read it.
    And yet most of those things in the quote, he later went back on AFTER the quote in the post you quoted, and has revoked much of his promises.

It's delicious watching all of the people defend Trump when they've been duped, and it'll be even more delicious watching not tears, because they'll NEVER admit they were duped, but all of the excuses and insults that come. Look at this very thread, the first few pages are filled with comments about "libtards" and whatnot, not REAL responses, just people who can't face the reality that they got duped, so now their only response is to insult the people pointing out that their messiah promised them things he just isn't going to deliver on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    There were many times Obama acted somewhat less than presidential; I think what you're noticing is the disparity in media coverage of those events.
    I must have missed where Obama became as unhinged as Trump.

Oh wait, he didn't, but the Trumpsters will always perceive Obama saying not so nice things about them as a slight...

Then of course cheer on Trump for "telling it like it is".

Well, we just found even more hypocrisy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Apparently ppl haven't been paying attention. And besides some of this stuff isn't even flip flopping. And it's not like Hillary and Obama haven't done any flip flopping. Welcome to politics where everything they say u need to take with a grain of salt and try and determine if they will do said policy or even be able to accomplish said policy.

Just funny how Trump has been saying he is a businessman and a deal maker all election then r surprised when acts as such.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I must have missed where Obama became as unhinged as Trump.
    Apparently you did; if the echochamber doesn't cover it I wouldn't expect you to have noticed.

The sad thing is that his people don't even care that he's been a snake oil salesman this whole time. They don't want to hear that crime has been going down for decades, and that it hasn't gone up as he claimed. They don't want to hear that we've had positive job growth for two straight years. They don't want to know that the US-Mexico border is already the most heavily guarded peacetime border in the world and that Obama has, proportionally, deported as many illegals under his administration as every other modern president.

Just like they don't care that their "self made man" started life as a multimillionaire with every advantage handed to him by his very wealthy father. They love the narrative that he challenged the status quo and "took down the modern media" despite being a very savvy actual participant in the modern media. They love the idea that he is somehow a political outsider despite running in the same circles as the political elite, personally donating millions to campaigns, employing dozens of lobbyists, and generally being as big a part of the system as you can be without being elected. Oh, and he also immediately surrounded himself with Reagan and Bush era establishment Republicans and several lobbyists. Lots of outsiders for your rebel candidate, right?

His actual victory was getting people to believe that foreigners took their jobs and exploiting that rage. He took a segment of the population that felt disenfranchised and powerless and told them everything they wanted to hear. It's all typical politician bullshit. He knows damn well he can't reopen every factory and mill that closed. Those jobs don't exist anymore because we live in a different economy now. It's why he's always spoken in pretty vague terms about what he actually plans to do. Most of his "flip flops" can't really be considered such because he never took a firm position to start with. The rest are because he legitimately has no idea what a president can and can't do and has to backtrack when he says something obviously stupid and Unconstitutional. Then he claims he never said the first obviously stupid thing and that its a massive media conspiracy that's out to get him. While he appears on six talk shows and three informal interview programs.

The really sad thing is that now he's saying exactly what he wants to do, and the very people who voted for him are going to see their taxes go up under his new tax plan (Unless you make more than 250k. Then your taxes will go down.) Speaking of taxes, he wants to cut the corporate tax rate to 15%, costing the government billions in revenue and placing the tax burden squarely on the rapidly shrinking middle class. He won't address the problems that are destroying the middle class either, since he is blaming lost jobs on outsourcing and not automation. His Secretary of Education choice is a creationist who believes firmly in voucher systems that screw over already struggling poor schools.

I could go on, but it doesn't matter. Half of you already agree with me and the other half have fingers placed firmly in ears. I just hope you pay attention when he fails to help your situation at all. I mean, he's going to blame Obama for his failures and you will probably let him because you've bought in to the lie that the country is a disaster right now, but that blame can't last forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Apparently ppl haven't been paying attention. And besides some of this stuff isn't even flip flopping. And it's not like Hillary and Obama haven't done any flip flopping. Welcome to politics where everything they say u need to take with a grain of salt and try and determine if they will do said policy or even be able to accomplish said policy.

Just funny how Trump has been saying he is a businessman and a deal maker all election then r surprised when acts as such.
    See, watching stuff like this is hilarious. People call out Hillary's "flip flops", which was really her changing positions on certain issues not even around an election. Many of the "flip flops" of hers that got harped on were a position that changed in 2009 or 2013 or 2014, stuff where she wasn't even up for election. And yet this was some kind of major selling point for hating Hillary, that she'd changed her position on an issue... once... years ago... and it didn't go back...

Meanwhile, during the election Trump would change his stance back and forth, often multiple times in a single day.

Trump makes tons of campaign promises and even the day he was elected, was already stating his intent to break those promises he made that got him elected.

I guess all of this denial about his flip-flops is really people trying to reconcile and/or justify their choice really really hard, because admitting that they got duped would lead to some pretty bad buyer's remorse.

Maybe that buyer's remorse will settle in for them as it becomes apparent that Trump really didn't give a shit about them after all, maybe it will never settle in, and they'll make up excuses as to why it was better that he broke all of his promises to them. It's going to be an interesting 4 years.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

(f) Something else?
    almost everyone i know that voted for him knew the reality, Cant repeal obama care but can change it. Cant literally build a fucking wall but can fix immigration issues and sort illegal aliens actually getting deported. The ability from obama to pardon clinton nullifys anything trump would want to do to her. Someone said it well, The news took him literally while we took him realistically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Please provide some examples. I'm sure there has been times Obamas actions has had grounds for criticism, but I'd prefer to read it on websites that don't have "25 Things Hillary don't want you to know" and "New insider info on BARACK HUSSEINS birth certificate" plastered all over the recommended section.

Your post essentially boils down to "You only know what the MSM tells you.", to which I'd say "And that is worse than systematically disregard these news outlets in favor of alternative media with obvious bias?"

It's no surprise to anyone that the mainstream media turned against Trump, because only blind apologists can't see how unfit he is for the presidency. I wonder what reaction we'd have if we had some "locker room banter" undercover videos of Obama.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-11-29 at 01:48 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    The sad thing is that his people don't even care that he's been a snake oil salesman this whole time. They don't want to hear that crime has been going down for decades, and that it hasn't gone up as he claimed. They don't want to hear that we've had positive job growth for two straight years. They don't want to know that the US-Mexico border is already the most heavily guarded peacetime border in the world and that Obama has, proportionally, deported as many illegals under his administration as every other modern president.

Just like they don't care that their "self made man" started life as a multimillionaire with every advantage handed to him by his very wealthy father. They love the narrative that he challenged the status quo and "took down the modern media" despite being a very savvy actual participant in the modern media. They love the idea that he is somehow a political outsider despite running in the same circles as the political elite, personally donating millions to campaigns, employing dozens of lobbyists, and generally being as big a part of the system as you can be without being elected. Oh, and he also immediately surrounded himself with Reagan and Bush era establishment Republicans and several lobbyists. Lots of outsiders for your rebel candidate, right?

His actual victory was getting people to believe that foreigners took their jobs and exploiting that rage. He took a segment of the population that felt disenfranchised and powerless and told them everything they wanted to hear. It's all typical politician bullshit. He knows damn well he can't reopen every factory and mill that closed. Those jobs don't exist anymore because we live in a different economy now. It's why he's always spoken in pretty vague terms about what he actually plans to do. Most of his "flip flops" can't really be considered such because he never took a firm position to start with. The rest are because he legitimately has no idea what a president can and can't do and has to backtrack when he says something obviously stupid and Unconstitutional. Then he claims he never said the first obviously stupid thing and that its a massive media conspiracy that's out to get him. While he appears on six talk shows and three informal interview programs.

The really sad thing is that now he's saying exactly what he wants to do, and the very people who voted for him are going to see their taxes go up under his new tax plan (Unless you make more than 250k. Then your taxes will go down.) Speaking of taxes, he wants to cut the corporate tax rate to 15%, costing the government billions in revenue and placing the tax burden squarely on the rapidly shrinking middle class. He won't address the problems that are destroying the middle class either, since he is blaming lost jobs on outsourcing and not automation. His Secretary of Education choice is a creationist who believes firmly in voucher systems that screw over already struggling poor schools.

I could go on, but it doesn't matter. Half of you already agree with me and the other half have fingers placed firmly in ears. I just hope you pay attention when he fails to help your situation at all. I mean, he's going to blame Obama for his failures and you will probably let him because you've bought in to the lie that the country is a disaster right now, but that blame can't last forever.
    Bolded part is probably more accurate come to think of it. Quoting the entire post for truth.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tsk Tsk. The amount of bitterness from Trump winning the election is so clear. Anyone who understands the politics here also understands why any President has to work with many others, compromise and adjust. He will get a lot done. But it will be in cooperation with congress and according to his many advisors. I remember clearly the things Obama preached during his first term election. He never was able to keep a lot of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    He hasn't done anything yet. I'll judge him once be actually gets into office and starts enacting policy and issuing orders.

As far as politicians not doing things they campaigned on, this has been a thing since forever. Blame representational democracy.
    This is what I expect will be the response from the typical Trump supporter.

Ignoring the fact that he is ditching almost all of his campaign ´promises´ before he even gets in. Yes, many politicians do not fulfill their promises. Most of the time it is because they get blocked by the opposing party or even their own party.

But Trump has flipped on almost his entire Stump speech before he even got sworn in, before he even attempted to fight for what he had said. Plus he has a Republican house and senate, so it is a much different situation than Obama had in 2012 etc. or Bush had in 1988 with ´read my lips, no new taxes´. Politicians usually campaign on what they WANT to do, and then are faced with the reality that they can´t do it.

Lock her up - We spent 3 months hearing Trump and his surrogates lead the zombies with ´lock her up´.. just a few weeks before the election, he declared in a debate that he was going to assign a special prosecutor. Now he says ´she is a nice lady, I am going to just let her go´.

Common Core - Again, major part of his stump speech. Telling the uneducated that common core is the root of our education problems and blaming Obama for forcing it on us... two weeks after the election, selects a Sec of Education who is one of the leading proponents of Common Core and is leading the charge to force it on the few states that are resisting it.

Waterboarding/torture - " I know more than the generals" " we are going to waterboard, torture and even kill the families of terrorists".. then after a 15 minute meeting with a general, completely changes his mind.

Obamacare - another huge part of his stump speech. Obamacare is horrible. Then he actually learns what Obamacare does, and now he is for the major parts of it. But like an idiot, thinks he can just keep the good parts ( pre-existing diseases, college coverage with parent plans etc). This is similar to Common Core... he said both things were horrible without even understanding what they are.

We all knew the wall was just a lie and will never happen, but even I was surprised he flipped so easily on everything else... without even attempting to fight for them.

The only thing he is actually going to accomplish is a tax cut for the rich. I am fairly sure by the first year, we will have TTPP ( Trump trans pacific partnership). NAFTA isn´t going to be fixed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else curious why he's still fundraising? I see they're trying to sell Christmas Ornaments for $149 dollars on his webpage. Isn't the election over or is this his new business venture and he's going to milk it to recover what he put into the election?

https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/djts...ite&amount=160

Maybe he's fundraising for his second term?
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-11-29 at 01:56 PM.