Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Tsk Tsk. The amount of bitterness from Trump winning the election is so clear. Anyone who understands the politics here also understands why any President has to work with many others, compromise and adjust. He will get a lot done. But it will be in cooperation with congress and according to his many advisors. I remember clearly the things Obama preached during his first term election. He never was able to keep a lot of those.
    We now have a President-Elect that denies climate change, a VP that supports shock-therapy for LGBT, and a creationist as head of education.
    He's filling the swamp instead of draining it.

No big surprise tho, reality was never really a big factor in this election.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Please provide some examples. I'm sure there has been times Obamas actions has had grounds for criticism, but I'd prefer to read it on websites that don't have "25 Things Hillary don't want you to know" and "New insider info on BARACK HUSSEINS birth certificate" plastered all over the recommended section.

Your post essentially boils down to "You only know what the MSM tells you.", to which I'd say "And that is worse than systematically disregard these news outlets in favor of alternative media with obvious bias?"

It's no surprise to anyone that the mainstream media turned against Trump, because only blind apologists can't see how unfit he is for the presidency. I wonder what reaction we'd have if we had some "locker room banter" undercover videos of Obama.
    The worst they tend to have on Obama is that he didn't close Gitmo and that he lied about keeping your doctor. Meanwhile there's big lists about every promise he did keep. But sites like factcheck and politico that go through, line by line, on Obama's promises and point to the bills he either created, helped write, or helped push through that kept those promises... you know, those EVIL MAIN STREAM MEDIA RAGS, what do they know?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Plus he has a Republican house and senate,
    This is a huge thing that people are not talking about. He will see little to no resistance on policy decisions as long as they aren't obviously crazy. If he can't get things done, it is no one's fault but his own.

He won't see it that way, but he never does when he fails. Always someone else to blame and some injustice for him to whine about.

15+ Year Old Account
    We now have a President-Elect that denies climate change, a VP that supports shock-therapy for LGBT, and a creationist as head of education.

But the thing is, the person you responded to is a staunch creationist who doesn't believe in climate change (the reality of man caused that is) and isn't really big on LGBT rights.

So that's not really adding to the swamp. Of course the three people you pointed out, plus all of his appointees that were big campaign donors who are some of the most corrupt businessmen in this country, THAT'S swampy, but they don't care about CONSERVATIVE corruption. When Trumpers were cheering on "drain the swamp", they really just meant get Democrats out of power, because conservatives CAN'T be corrupt, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Anyone else curious why he's still fundraising? I see they're trying to sell Christmas Ornaments for $149 dollars on his webpage. Isn't the election over or is this his new business venture and he's going to milk it to recover what he put into the election?

https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/djts...ite&amount=160

Maybe he's fundraising for his second term?
    I dunno if your question is facetious or not, but the man is bankrupt (morally and monetarily, hohoho) and needs all the money he can get.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I guess what one considers a swamp and others as nice, depends on who you ask. Ask a pig how much they enjoy a pool of mud.

I guess what one considers a swamp and others as nice, depends on who you ask. Ask a pig how much they enjoy a pool of mud.
    When he said "Drain the swamp", he meant he was going to get rid of lobbyists and interests. Instead, he hired them to work for the White House. There's really no other way to interpret that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    When Trumpers were cheering on "drain the swamp", they really just meant get Democrats out of power, because conservatives CAN'T be corrupt, after all.
    This is the entirety of modern politics. Just change the labels as needed for the particular conversation at hand. It's why I lost my passion for political science (as a career choice). Once upon a time, I was young and idealistic and thought I could change things. Now I argue on the internet occasionally, because that's as effective as anything else in the system these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured that what Trumps supporters wanted was a government without blatant corruption, special interests and all that, but apparently it's okay to have big business names as department secretarys as long as they are conservative and aren't very keen on science, LGBT rights, or non-white immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    When he said "Drain the swamp", he meant he was going to get rid of lobbyists and interests. Instead, he hired them to work for the White House. There's really no other way to interpret that.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the entirety of modern politics. Just change the labels as needed for the particular conversation at hand. It's why I lost my passion for political science (as a career choice). Once upon a time, I was young and idealistic and thought I could change things. Now I argue on the internet occasionally, because that's as effective as anything else in the system these days.
    That is "part" of draining the swamp. But not all. Getting rid of them is not to the extent they are driven out period. If they represent what you feel is a important stance, you would use them too.

- - - Updated - - -

Figured that what Trumps supporters wanted was a government without blatant corruption, special interests and all that, but apparently it's okay to have big business names as department secretarys as long as they are conservative and aren't very keen on science, LGBT rights, or non-white immigration.
    Once again. Opinion. Controlling some immigration could be very well in the best interest of LGBT rights. Science is a good thing, if it does not over burden the people and is good progress. You will still have the right to be liberal while he is President. hehe.

I don't think people understand most people voted for trump as a "fuck it" vote and the people on the left are freaking out when hes the reality is the most center republican candidate in years and that hes a billionaire from NYC

The real reason the lefty elites and talking heads are losing their minds is because he's talking about actually securing the border and voter id laws which will cause the democratic party to evaporate because they won't be able subvert democracy with illegal votes

the democratic party platform is the oldest form of scumbaggery vote for me and i'll give you other peoples money
    Last edited by Mohangz; 2016-11-29 at 02:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Apparently you did; if the echochamber doesn't cover it I wouldn't expect you to have noticed.
    Not sure what you're talking about, the media covered every single one of his speeches, unless you have access to video footage that nobody else in the world saw. Otherwise, I can only imagine you're referring to Obama saying "Let the man speak" to the disgruntled Trumple and calling that unhinged which is just... rofl.

Oh but wait, I just remembered who I'm talking to.

- - - Updated - - -

That is "part" of draining the swamp. But not all. Getting rid of them is not to the extent they are driven out period. If they represent what you feel is a important stance, you would use them too.
    He filled his cabinet with some of the most corrupt and swampy people there are. You have faith that he's going to "use" them in non corrupt ways.

Well, I can at least admire you for having faith in the impossible. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    N

- - - Updated - - -

He filled his cabinet with some of the most corrupt and swampy people there are. You have faith that he's going to "use" them in non corrupt ways.

Well, I can at least admire you for having faith in the impossible. :P
    Time will tell my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oncee again. Opinion. Controlling some immigration could be very well in the best interest of LGBT rights. Science is a good thing, if it does not over burden the people and is good progress. You will still have the right to be liberal while he is President. hehe.
    Oh please, as if anything about Trump suggests he want to lower immigration in support of LGBT, based on presumptions about these immigrants views on sexuality. Just good ol' dey be takin ur jerbs. And what does that even mean, science overburden the people? Like keeping creationism out of schools and back to the Myth section of libraries where it belongs?

And once again I am assumed to be a liberal. US politics in a nutshell... a sad, bipartisan farce.
    I am neither a "Liberal" nor am I American, and thus luckily enough won't have to live directly under Trumps 1950s government, though I will notice destabilization in world politics as a result.

Not sure what you're talking about, the media covered every single one of his speeches, unless you have access to video footage that nobody else in the world saw. Otherwise, I can only imagine you're referring to Obama saying "Let the man speak" to the disgruntled Trumple and calling that unhinged which is just... rofl.
    Hey, first thing you heard on alternative media regarding this was Obama "shouting" at the Trump supporter, or egging his audience against him, with a video attached showing he did not.
    ?????
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-11-29 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please, as if anything about Trump suggests he want to lower immigration in support of LGBT, based on presumptions about these immigrants views on sexuality. Just good ol' dey be takin ur jerbs. And what does that even mean, science overburden the people? Like keeping creationism out of schools and back to the Myth section of libraries where it belongs?

And once again I am assumed to be a liberal. US politics in a nutshell... a sad, bipartisan farce.
    I am neither a "Liberal" nor am I American, and thus luckily enough won't have to live directly under Trumps 1950s government, though I will notice destabilization in world politics as a result.

Hey, first thing you heard on alternative media regarding this was Obama "shouting" at the Trump supporter, or egging his audience against him, with a video attached showing he did not.
    ?????
    You do not know how they treat gays in the countries where some of those immigrants come from and if they infiltrate society enough, the impact they can have? All the Christian conservatives I am aware of do not think gays should be put to death or sent to prison for being one. And having a creationist as a Vice president or President means no one who believes in a God creator should be? Obama claimed to be a Christian so that makes him a creationist. It this type of thinking which is far more dangerous to the liberty we have than having a leader who professes to be a Christian.

You do not know how they treat gays in the countries where some of those immigrants come from and if they infiltrate society enough, the impact they can have? All the Christian conservatives I am aware of do not think gays should be put to death or sent to prison for being one. And having a creationist as a Vice president or President means no one who believes in a God creator should be? Obama claimed to be a Christian so that makes him a creationist. It this type of thinking which is far more dangerous to the liberty we have than having a leader who professes to be a Christian.
    Fearmongering in action. A few refugees added to the country and suddenly we're lynching gays in the street nationide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

\\

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...67993036754944

It gets even better, kick out those flag burners!
    Only pure-bred patriots allowed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    \\

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...67993036754944

It gets even better, kick out those flag burners!
    Only pure-bred patriots allowed!
    He has SCOTUS he will have to deal with. The real power in this country when it comes to laws and the Constitution. But any burning of any flag or a pile of books, trash, should not be allowed to block traffic or be a threat to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has SCOTUS he will have to deal with. The real power in this country when it comes to laws and the Constitution. But any burning of any flag or a pile of books, trash, should not be allowed to block traffic or be a threat to others.
    Which is why he will appoint at least one new justice.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Which is why he will appoint at least one new justice.
    A conservative one hopefully. But they have been known to rule independent of what there were nominated to be before. Justice Roberts is a prime example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

(a) Trump is a phony and hypocritical liar that has betrayed his supporters with his rampant flip-flopping.

(b) I'm glad that Trump has flip-flopped because I didn't agree with his previous policy but supported him anyway.

(c) It doesn't matter that Trump flip-flops because policy doesn't matter, I just like and trust him.

(d) I believe Trump is a bullshitter who made wild promises that cannot be met so his flip-flops are inevitable because he's now being mugged by reality.

(e) I've been duped and conned by Trump's flip-flops.

(f) Something else?
    (f). Trump did the three things I wanted. Kept that harpy bitch Hillary Clinton out of the Oval Office, massively triggered weak-willed and dopey liberals, and destroyed the Democratic Party.

I don't care about the rest.

Keep the liberal tears flowing!

See, watching stuff like this is hilarious. People call out Hillary's "flip flops", which was really her changing positions on certain issues not even around an election. Many of the "flip flops" of hers that got harped on were a position that changed in 2009 or 2013 or 2014, stuff where she wasn't even up for election. And yet this was some kind of major selling point for hating Hillary, that she'd changed her position on an issue... once... years ago... and it didn't go back...

Meanwhile, during the election Trump would change his stance back and forth, often multiple times in a single day.

Trump makes tons of campaign promises and even the day he was elected, was already stating his intent to break those promises he made that got him elected.

I guess all of this denial about his flip-flops is really people trying to reconcile and/or justify their choice really really hard, because admitting that they got duped would lead to some pretty bad buyer's remorse.

Maybe that buyer's remorse will settle in for them as it becomes apparent that Trump really didn't give a shit about them after all, maybe it will never settle in, and they'll make up excuses as to why it was better that he broke all of his promises to them. It's going to be an interesting 4 years.
    I'm not in denial about anything. If u voted expecting ur candidate to not flip flop, soften or be unable to accomplish some policies then ur in denial. U will c that with all candidates in varying degree. Both candidates have flip flopped this campaign, they r trying to get elected. It's the nature of the beast.

But like I said, some of this stuff is not even flip flopping, some of it is softening, some of it is how he said it if u were paying attention during the campaign. And u need to stop looking at trump and expect a polished politician. He's not like Hillary who has been in politics her whole life, focus groups every little thing her campaign does and tries to have stifling control of every little action of her campaign.