Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As long as people treat ptr as a demo version of future content, they whine about everything that's changed in it.
    Also fire mages are getting nerfed after a looong time, so they're panicing now.

It's okay, guise. It's only PTR.
    It's okay, guise. 7.2 will fix these issues.
    It's okay, guise. Next expansion will fix.

It would seem that we have made a return to the "I don't like it so it'll kill WoW!!!!!!!!!!!111"-reasoning. We didn't see much of that during WoD since WoD was actually shite in so many ways...

Deleted
    Why is 7.1.5 Referred to as the "Death Patch"?
    Because it kills some specs that were doing relatively well and delivers coup de grace to some that didn't. On top of that, the amount of gentle sucking delivered to the devs by the lickspittle cancer brigade here and on Battle.net makes it seem unlikely for any of the lethal changes to stop on PTR stage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I've heard people like Preach
    I think you might want to stop listening to Preach. That guy lives on controversial, salty statements that drives views to his channel.
    It's a very well thought out strategy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydozen View Post
    Because they are destroying alot of specs, two that comes to mind are Fire Mage and MM Hunter
    what ?? The Legion pre-Patch destroyed pretty much everything. this is more like a Fix

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard people like Preach and some forum posters call 7.1.5 the "Death" patch. Why is this? I haven't seen any changes to the game coming with 7.1.5 as "Death" worthy. The class changes don't seem that bad from my perpective as a warlock. Can someone explain to me what this term means? The game feels far from death imo. Legion is awesome!
    Because they're whiny drama queens who need to use hyperbole to get people to pay attention to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Actually destro is looking promising as they've rearranged the talents so you no longer have to choose a ST or AoE build. Depending on how the numbers shake out it should be much better.
    sadly you need to swap about 5-7 talents (with 7 being every single row) if you go from a pure single target encounter to lets say mythics+ runs.

You most definitively don't have a jack for all trades specc with destro in 7.1.5. I mean you can do it, but you are still limiting yourself then.
    It actually isn't much different from live currently, but empowered Life Tap will definitively be the best AoE choice. No idea if it ends up being the best single target choice.

I will probably stay demonology for single target fights, because destruction is currently dead last on single target fights and I expect for that to be still very much the case with 7.1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    I think it has to do with that Blizzard has said that they wouldn't mess with classbalance & revamping beacuse of time put into artifact and so on. We already knew offspec was dead when Legion launched due to how artifact power works and with this patch they are "killing" some specs forcing those users to switch specs with not so much artifact power invested. Pretty annoying move from blizzard, lucky I don't play fire mage xD

Also forgot that they need to farm new legendaries for their new spec.
    Exactly why so many have issues with this and why I hate the Artifact system. Blizzard, as usual, went back on their word. And considering their track record with balance patches, most of these changes are here to stay, at most just altered in a minor way.

I don't blame anyone who doesn't trust this company when it comes to balancing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It's okay, guise. It's only PTR.
    It's okay, guise. 7.2 will fix these issues.
    It's okay, guise. Next expansion will fix.
    Demo Warlock throughout WoD in a nutshell. Apologists will continue to defend Blizzard at every turn, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Whiners are angsty. Angsty people like their safe space. Safe space is somewhere, where everything stays like they know and how they come to like it.

Now stuff changes --> safe space lost --> angsty people get triggered --> whine occurs --> deathpatch.
    So your class got buffed, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    People make ignorant assumptions based on incomplete information.
    PTR builds are a snapshot of work in progress.
    Yea because this isn't the same thing that happened in beta or anything and went live anyway...

don't worry it's only alpha

don't worry it's only beta

don't worry it's only pre-patch

don't worry first raid tier isn't even over yet

don't worry it's only ptr

don't worry the next patch will fix it

don't worry the next expansion will fix it
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-11-24 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Yea because this isn't the same thing that happened in beta or anything and went live anyway...
    Class tuning happens in most patches. And hotfixes in between.
    It's been ongoing for 12 years now. By now you should have probably realized that perfect balance isn't going to happen.

Getting salty about it is just silly.

Our job is to give Blizzard constructive feedback - many (most?) or their current staff working on tuning/QA are actually old theorycrafters.
    So keep giving feedback - if it's good enough, Blizzard will listen to you (and maybe hire you). If it's bad - you'll get ignored.

Simple as that.
    Enjoy the game.

Deleted
    I'm so sick of ppl getting butt hurt when there FOTM/IMBA class gets a nerv an is not #1 anymore. Hunter/Mages/Shadows doing more then fine - time other classes gets a chance to shine.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    because of the Windows' Law. Last patch was good, therefore the next one must be shit

I've heard people like Preach and some forum posters call 7.1.5 the "Death" patch. Why is this? I haven't seen any changes to the game coming with 7.1.5 as "Death" worthy. The class changes don't seem that bad from my perpective as a warlock. Can someone explain to me what this term means? The game feels far from death imo. Legion is awesome!

because the two biggest played spec by leaps and bounds is getting, "fixed"

of course there is a lot of bitching.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So your class got buffed, that's cool.
    Didn´t. I am Prot warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Best move to keep hamsters in the wheel is changing specs every few weeks/months so that you reroll something else and waste your time in the new wheel.
    This, basically. It's just a way of artificially extending content by forcing people to reroll into a different class/spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because reasonable discussion of class changes, both good and bad, isn't nearly as sexy as "DEATH PATCH!!!". Especially if you're a streamer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    This, basically. It's just a way of artificially extending content by forcing people to reroll into a different class/spec.
    Well, it certainly *forces* FOTM players into re-rolling. The rest of us will manage.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    I think it has to do with that Blizzard has said that they wouldn't mess with classbalance & revamping beacuse of time put into artifact and so on. We already knew offspec was dead when Legion launched due to how artifact power works and with this patch they are "killing" some specs forcing those users to switch specs with not so much artifact power invested. Pretty annoying move from blizzard, lucky I don't play fire mage xD

Also forgot that they need to farm new legendaries for their new spec.
    Artifact power doesn't kill the specs, Legendaries do.

The post on the front page worded it really well why this whole legendary system sucks. Get the correct legendary ? nice. Oh you got a shit legendary 4 times, reroll your class. The same post goes on character sharing, basically top guilds rent out peoples characters which this legendary system favours it a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zer View Post
    I'm so sick of ppl getting butt hurt when there FOTM/IMBA class gets a nerv an is not #1 anymore. Hunter/Mages/Shadows doing more then fine - time other classes gets a chance to shine.
    And I'm getting sick of players pretending to know what is or isn't strong and just going with what inexperienced players whine about. Then you come to the forum, see those nerfs, and not understand why those nerfs are being talked about.

And this is coming from someone not even being hit by the nerf bat.