Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I honestly don't think there is any "soft cap" or "bad luck protection". I think the loot table works like a slot machine and if you roll the lucky numbers 777 you win the jackpot whether its what you want or not. but the fact is i've done more content in the month of November than i did the month of September. yet still no legendary. if they are telling the truth. their bad luck protection system really doesn't feel like its working all too well.

i remember reading a blue post on the EU half of things where they said the more end game content you play the higher chances you'll have of getting a legendary. that notion kind of peeves. because i read into it if i keep feeding the slot machine coins eventually it'll let me win no matter how big or little the winnings are. If it is like a Slot machine, then a person could go the entire expansion with out seeing a legendary. where as i have seen people get back to back legendaries from doing mythic plus dungeons in the same day. i seriously don't buy into their bad luck protection bs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ion: Heyyyy guys. We made great moneymaker free cash system. RNG Legendarys. You have to farm farm farm and again farm to get them. Dont worry after you reach 4th legendary you gonna hit soft cap, and you will never know about softcap because we will never tell you. So you gonna pay us 15$ per month for great enjoyable farm for 5th legendary which wont end.
    Working as intended. Have fun guys.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    After 4 you can still win another 4 in 24 hours IF YOU ARE LUCKY. How exactly is that "soft cap". Oh yeah some dev used your wording because else you wouldn't follow his train of thought.
    After getting four legendaries bad luck protection no longer works so the chances of getting #5 are heavily reduced. You can still get #5 but its pretty rare. Hence this is why it is called a "soft" cap and not a "hard cap". I don't think you understand the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I do wish it was a token format more than being random
    If that was the case, literally no one would have a Sephuz or Pyradaz and they would be worthless legendaries (until 7.1.5 when Pyr becomes the best tanking legendary and Seph gets a use boost as well).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    "soft cap" can mean for everyone something totally different though. Some people have defined here "soft cap" as a temporary cap for legendaries you can get.
    Well if they did, they were probably not affected, or had any knowledge of the system in the first place. Most people who were affected knew you could get a 5th legendary, but if chances were much much smaller to get 5th one it was a legit concern of theirs, then what people interpreted their concern as is a separate question . Like you can probably get 3 legendaries in a row from normal mythic, but what are chances 0.00000001%? The exorsus post even mentioned specifically that the bad luck protection seemed to be missing, not the dropchance altogether.

Hard cap means that you will NOT get 5th legendary.
    If you get it, the system is broken.

Soft cap means that you have a very small chance to get 5th legendary.
    By looking at how stingy Blizzard is, the chance is close to a million to one.
    My guess is 10000 to 1.

Deleted
    Maybe ppl, who say that there wasnt any softcap for legendary drop chance after 4th legendary, should be playing with the old system...

You call it "reduced chance" I call it "back to normal". When they make Skirmish event and you get extra honor from skirmishes after the event is over do you say "I won't go play skirmishes because its reduced honor now". Its not reduced its the normal.

And another thing. First 4 have boost for all. So you have boost i have boost everyone has boost. So you get your 4. Then its back to normal RNG. You can still get 5-6-7. The guy with 0 has a catch up. This doesn't mean Blizzard punished you or nerfed your chances or gated you or capped you. People want to play the victim and say "oh I only got 4 and now its all over". No its not. If the chance before bad luck protection was 0.01% you have that 0.01%. If its not enough for you thats your problem but its not a cap. Its the way things work in any mmo.

A soft cap would be: After the first 4 legendaries you can only get 1 per month. Thats a soft cap. Saying "you have a chance to win the lottery depending on how many times you play" is by no means a cap. Roll the times 100 times a day and if lucky you get 100 legendaries. Where is the cap in that?
    The bad luck protection system capped at 4 legendaries, why can't you call that a soft cap? That's what most people are refering to at least, even the Exorsus post. Btw what you are talking about are just semantics, i'm not sure why you are doing it when there's no real reason to. Whatever you want to call it, there was no bad luck protection after 4th legendary, and that's what matters to the discussion. If you want to discuss gaming vocabulary or definitions I'm sure there are other threads better suited.

Kinda funny to see people who bluntly argued that there was no changes to droprate after 4th one and people were just unlucky individuals now switches over to a discussion about semantics when they were proven wrong.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2016-11-24 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    -Snip-
    Just stop.

You guys could all save a lot of time if you just copy & paste the Beta/Alpha debate thread and do a search & replace on Beta/Alpha with Softcap/Hardcap.

"Its Alpha, not Beta" .. "no its Beta, not Alpha" .. "No Blizz called it Beta" ..."but the client says Alpha" .."but my email said Beta" .. "But this tweet said Alpha"

"It's not a softcap because..." "yeah but blizz said it was a softcap" ... "They said it was, but it really wasn't" .."Yeah but according to this google search for the meaning of Soft cap...."

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    That is what soft cap means. Thanks blizzard for wasting 4 weeks of my mythic runs hoping for legendary. Thanks a lot.
    Whats even worse is all that wasted AP you farmed up... :/

Deleted
    Fuck blizzard, i wish someone gets as mad as me and kill some of them.

I leaved the game, for this bullshit of legendary system. How i was supposed to be competive when i was a dk without bracers? How could i get them? FUCK THEM. I wish they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving you bad luck protection is not normal. They don't give you bad luck protection when running Ulduar for Mimiron's Head do they?
    You're comparing apples to oranges when you make comparisons between gear drops and mount drops. When in fact, bad luck protection is the norm for gear drops in this expansion.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by Vizantius View Post
    i seriously don't buy into their bad luck protection bs.
    Ah yes, the ole ignorance on Randomness comes through once again!

Lets talk about it shall we?

A 1/1000 chance to drop is 1/1000 each time the die rolls regardless of how many times you roll it. Some seemingly miracle can happen (this is 1 in a trillion chance) in that you get 4 legendary items in a row, or you might see some horrid luck with 4000 rolls and not see that legendary, that's just how probability works. Luckily Blizzard increases your odds for every WQ, Dungeon, Raid, Mythic+, and BG you do. They increase your odds based on the level of difficulty you are completing, so a Mythic+ dungeoneer and Mythic raider will up their drop chance at a faster rate than a casual that plays 4 hours a week. With that said, it might be that Blizzard needs to up the rate at which the drop chance increases based on higher levels of difficulty as we are still seeing people that just run LFR running around with Legos over Mythic Raiders since EN was released.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

The real failure of Legion is that we need to be "protected" from bad luck in the first place.

I honestly think this dev team feels they have something to prove. Going back to deterministic systems that worked perfectly well in the past would feel like a failure to them. They need to prove that they can come up with something better than the old WoW team, even if they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Hard cap means that you will NOT get 5th legendary.
    If you get it, the system is broken.

Soft cap means that you have a very small chance to get 5th legendary.
    By looking at how stingy Blizzard is, the chance is close to a million to one.
    My guess is 10000 to 1.

The softcap means you lost your "bad luck protection" bonus. So forever more you had the base line % chance at getting a 5th legendary no matter how many failed rolls you got.

Deleted
    Not sure if I undertand it correctly, but it sounds more like 'soft-bottom'.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The real failure of Legion is that we need to be "protected" from bad luck in the first place.
    They changed Legendary items so that anyone could get one. It's a way to make the game more casual. You really can't win with either a casual friendly system or a hardcore friendly system. Some people will feel left out. It's all about dealing with the pros and cons.

Mate you don't need my permission to call it whatever. All Im saying is that its an addon system. Its not normal RNG. So after the addon is removed you are NOT screwed. You are just back to your own luck. Thats all Im saying. You wanna feel bad about system removed after 4? Wanna call it a softcap and request its extension? Ok but know what you are asking. You are basically asking blizzard to screw RNG for drop favoritism. So one step closer to shopping legendaries from a vendor.
    Well i'm fine with either, just as long as there's not a threshold that "forces" you to reroll to improve your char. They could scrap the bad luck protection altogether for what I care, but if it's worth rerolling or even deleting your legendaries it's not a good system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    That's why I looted 3 times Sephuz... ?
    stop lying you cant loot same leg 3 times...well maybe unless you dint have all 8 before that

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Read blue post again, there is no soft cap at 4. Yes, in the past there was. But there hasn't been a soft cap for over a week. No one talked about soft caps over a week ago, during the soft cap discussions everyone that said there wasn't any soft cap was right since these discussions happened AFTER they removed the soft cap.
    wtf is that suppose to mean? When the cap discussion brought up, ppl still said "Rng is Rng" just like when the drop bug was around. They were wrong two times in a row now. If you check the legendary megathread you will see ppl discussing the cap long before last week. But as always ppl like you tried to cover Devs asses for some fucked up reason.