Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    G f*cking G Blizzard:
    - Same skill level
    - same ilvl
    - almost same stats

2 BIS legendaries VS 2 healing neck and ring or other (deathgate for locks) craps -> 15-30% dps difference.

WHERE IS THE BALANCE? These developers have no idea about their own game. What a shame...

And do you know those people who have 3,4 or more legs? They can even optimize their legendary usage for bosses... WTF?
    Yeah buddy. Ive seen you post earlier up. Don't have repost.

If I might add - I play UH DK with BiS legendary that increases my dps by flat 30%(just from 1 gear). And I still lose DPS fights against people who don't have the bracers.

I might just suck, you know. Do you suck as well?

Deleted
    so if im unlucky and get 4 shitty legendaries (atm at 2 useless DPS legendaries) i can basically reroll since im out of the BLP and it will take months till i get the right ones? Thanks blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I think you're wrong. They are interested in if the game makes money, and that's why they keep throwing these crap systems into the game... they want you to keep playing because you're worried you won't have a legendary or your artifact power will be too far behind if you take time off. They've also made systems where you have to keep working harder and harder somewhat exponentially so that even the most hardcore players can't ever feel like they are finished.

Of course, then 6 months from now they're going to realize that no one is coming back because people are worried they're too far behind, so they're going to throw some catch up mechanics in. However these catch up mechanics will still require a couple months of time gating cause they gotta keep those people subbed.

They've moved on from making a good game to focusing on how to keep people from unsubbing.
    Thats why I said they have no passion for the game now and those that did left. Its all about getting as much money as they can and retaining suckers to keep playing , fun be damned. WOw stopped being a Blizzard product a while ago. Its all 100% Activision now and the lack of passion and quality is very evident.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Well...

Have you heard of the guy, who won jackpot 7 times in lottery(that is the current record holder). He is from US, probably playing the same lottery as your grandpa.

It seems like mathmatics got build-in bad luck protection. Smart right.
    Ok math guy. Let's say winning has a chance of 0.1 the chance of losing is then 0.9. Assume we do it 3 times. The chance of winning at least 1 time is easily obtained using Bernoulli distribution: The chance of getting 0 is ~72%. 1 - 72% = 28% chance of winning at least once. So 28% != 10% because you did it 3 times. Okay, if you want to call it "build-in" bad luck protection.

Now legendary system is working differently since is further increasing the chance of getting one after you lost. Let's say it increases by 10% everytime you lost. The chance of getting 0 is ~50% So the chance of winning is 1-50% = 50% chance of winning at least once.

So the difference is 22% and the gap will keep getting bigger if you roll more often. Now ofcourse it can happen that with first model you win 7 times in a row, but that event will occur far less often compared to the second one. If millions of people are doing this you can easily see it and the lucky 7 times winners won't have an impact on the result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's nice you believe it doesn't exist, but it does. You're the one with an issue here, you're denying all evidence including official statements from the company that codes this shit. It's OK though, let's remove BLP from the equation. Your position is still incorrect.

Look up independent vs dependent random events. Independent random events never have an increased chance of something happening no matter how many times you do them. Without BLP loot rolls are independent events. This is just basic math. Please look it up.
    BLP is just like "we don't have soft cap" concept. It's concealed in basic math.

And yes, they told you again and again "the more you do, the higher the chances". It's not because of BLP - its just like farming LK for mounts. How many kills do you get per weekly basis?

Im out, don't think we will agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Ok math guy. Let's say winning has a chance of 0.1 the chance of losing is then 0.9. Assume we do it 3 times. The chance of winning at least 1 time is easily obtained using Bernoulli distribution: The chance of getting 0 is ~72%. 1 - 72% = 28% chance of winning at least once. So 28% != 10% because you did it 3 times. Okay, if you want to call it "build-in" bad luck protection.

Now legendary system is working differently since is further increasing the chance of getting one after you lost. Let's say it increases by 10% everytime you lost. The chance of getting 0 is ~50% So the chance of winning is 1-50% = 50% chance of winning at least once.

So the difference is 22% and the gap will keep getting bigger if you roll more often. Now ofcourse it can happen that with first model you win 7 times in a row, but that event will occur far less often compared to the second one. If millions of people are doing this you can easily see it and the lucky 7 times winners won't have an impact on the result.
    Source on BLP?

I want somebody give me evidence of its existance.

I call it playing lottery. Some never wins other hits it 7 times. This BLP concept is just on paper, invented for casuals not going nuts on the forums.

I like how everyone is concerned about a thing that affects only a few hundred of players. Seems like everyone who is in top guilds post here.

Deleted
    Good.

Now, replace every "BLP" sentence, with "PROBABILITY".

We can also call BLP ticket system. Or slotmachine. Or whatever.

BLP can be everything, how do you even know its something actively works? Only thing that works is math.

And yes, they told you again and again "the more you do, the higher the chances". It's not because of BLP - its just like farming LK for mounts. How many kills do you get per weekly basis?
    That's not how bad luck protection was described by blues: with LK farming your single drop chance never improves: after the 100th failed attempt you next attempt still have only 0.1% (or whatever) drop chance. Even if you invested 1000 tries, if you didn't drop it you are in the same place as someone starting farming it right now. With bad luck protection your drop chance increases the more failed attempt you have before, so you might have 0.1% for the first drop or the first 10 or whatever, but after a while it will increase and your 100th attempt will have maybe a 20% drop chance, or even reach a point that it becomes a guaranteed drop for all we know.

Note that with millions of people playing statistical outliers become significant and with a very low drop chance even with thousand of attempts there would be a minority of unlucky players never getting a legendary the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    I like how everyone is concerned about a thing that affects only a few hundred of players. Seems like everyone who is in top guilds post here.
    It affects everyone who even raids a little bit, casual to hard core. You cant get into a normal raid pug most of the time unless you have a Legendary and a Good one at that. Same with Mythics. If it was only a small percentage gain to Dps or healing or tanking that would be one things. But it can be as much as a 50% increases with just 1 piece of gear. It can mean a poor player who only pops on once in a while is compatible to a excellent hard core player in terms of output. But because of RNg that poor player is now better then the player who knows their shit.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Wrong. You keep confusing independent variables and dependent variables. BLP turns an independent variable into a dependent variable.
    Yeah IT DOES.

Question is IF IT EXISTS.

They can easily get with "Hey guys. We got BLP for you. We basicly done nothing, its a concept that involves you actively playing"(math solved this for us).

I know many players who aren't in top guilds with 3 or 4 legendaries. There is a lot of time left in legion. This affects more people than you think.
    Yup.
    I'm casual and I got 3. I don't even raid normal/hc/mythic and have done under 30mythic dungeons. I only do a couple LFR and every emissary chest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    Yup.
    I'm casual and I got 3. I don't even raid normal/hc/mythic and have done under 30mythic dungeons. I only do a couple LFR and every emissary chest.
    Nice BLP bro.

Sad for this guy who ran 1.5K Mythic plus dungeons, only to end up with 4.

Yeah IT DOES.

Question is IF IT EXISTS.

They can easily get with "Hey guys. We got BLP for you. Be basicly done nothing, its a concept that involves you actively playing"(math solved this for us).
    Well, blues stated it exists. Anyway it doesn't matter: players reverse-engineered that something was making farming the 5th legendary and onwards much harder than farming the first 4. Whatever it is, blues stated it's now gone and farming the 5th legendary and onwards should work the same as farming the first 4. I'm sure that if it's the truth it will be confirmed empirically pretty quickly and if it's false the community will uncover it exactly like they uncovered the issue the first time.

Deleted
    If I understand well: If I don't get the two bis legendaries I should just boost another character and try again.... and repeat this until I get the right ones.
    Well that makes sense because this way Blizzard can sell a lot of character boosts.

Do you see guys? Greed is real

Quote Originally Posted by Elash View Post
    That why Chris Metzen left Blizzard, he saw that Wow is out of control, its going down, unbalanced classes, trash loot system, to drastic class changes etc
    ya know after his recent interview, a recent comment from Duncan Jones about "too many cooks in the kitchen" and Chilton moving on it reaffrimed my feeling with legion being more a expansion by committee over a passion project where people like Metzen who's ideas might not be the best but they came from devs who really enjoyed warcraft, now it's like the loss of subs ($$) from WoD and the money hit they took from the very failed project titan the investors or stock holders became very protective over Blizzards cash cow..

A small but very telling examples.

Every tuesday there's SOMETHING wrong, something very sloppy and amateurish like they just were tossing in idea and didn't care if it works or not just produce. There wasn't a dungeon released as bugged as Kara since BWL before they even had a PTR and not small bugs a dungeon made to finish over a few runs that didn't save progress..for nearly 3 resets.

Putting a guaranteed hidden appearance hotfix on a world boss well after most people would have killed the WB then telling people "too bad so sad wait 10 more weeks" or "oh you did kill him here's the drop" depending on which GM you got.

Not seeing a problem with locking a row of appearances behind a quest you can't finish till Night Hold opens where the rest of the row can be finished well before hand...not one person in blizzard saw that and said "that doesn't seem to make sense". Then when people actually show through finishing Unleashed Monstrosities" that since they didn't unlock the row and can't till night hold opens they don't get the UM appearance, which they claim is a bug... NO ONE noticed this bug? More like "we rushed that out gave it no forethought what soe ever claim it's a bug then hope people forget till nighthold"

The passions blizzard has for wow can be summed up with class mounts, how they took the best artist with the most passion for the class and warcraft to make..an high rez better modeled horse mount for paladins and warlocks they already had in a game flooded with horse mounts.

small examples but it's a running theme for a lot of the expansion just toss shit out with zero forethought or care. Like the higher ups saw the drastic drop in subs cause of a content drought then put pressure to just release content asap content is content no matter how unfinished, poorly thought out or buggy it is. Throw shit at the wall to see what sticks clean it up later.

you may want to read it properly first, you could earn more than 4 before it was just unlikely due to bad luck protection not helping after you got the 4th.
    Stop trying to be a smartass every hours of the day, admit you were wrong and learn what a softcap is.

I know many players who aren't in top guilds with 3 or 4 legendaries. There is a lot of time left in legion. This affects more people than you think.
    Well, i think not top guild type of people who got that many, then their 3rd or 4th drop was just some weeks ago (i'm also a 3 guy with some mythic boss kills and some bigger M+ runs per week). Any sooner than that they were just too lucky and as this blue tells, they didn't need a bad luck protection. So basically for other kind of people it's about the time when they could get their 4th or 5th. Any later than this, like 1-2 months later, i would agree it slows your progression on legendary acquirement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    So 15$ a month from casual players doesn't matter ? Everyone pay for same content, legendary loot or not

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Stop trying to be a smartass every hours of the day, admit you were wrong and learn what a softcap is.
    The person you are replying too is correct. It was possible to earn more than 4 before, it's just the increased chance to get a legendary didn't work above 4 so the chances of getting one were reduced massively.