Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People here don't understand that "baseline % is close to 1 to 1000 (or 10000)".

Unless you are bad at math, no one will bother to grind for it.

The only reason people grind is because of that "bad luck protection".

No time to read all 23 pages but I really wish they would have elaborated more on the fact we're getting $hit legendaries that are next to useless for some class specs. Who cares if they increase the chances of getting one if when you do get one its utter crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    By the way, I was very interested in Watcher referring to "expected" legendaries in his post. It made me wonder if BLP works based on some calculation of your expected number of legendaries.

It seems there are two options as to how they could do it:

BLP works on "expected" legendaries: in this case, your BLP ramps up as your TOTAL number of legendaries is less than your expected. So if you're lucky and get 3 legendaries early, your BLP won't ramp up for a while because you have way more than your expected amount.

BLP resets after every legendary you get: Every time you get a legendary, the BLP starts over from 0.

The difference between these is, under the first system people who get lucky don't stay lucky because BLP takes a long time to kick in again. In the second system, they do because it kicks in immediately.
    I really hope and want to belive that it has to be the first alternative so its based on how many legendarys you have compared to how many you are expected to have or people with really bad luck would just have a chanse to get more legendarys at the same rate as the lucky one and not a chanse to catch up.

I guess I fit into the group of unlucky people, Ive run maybe 80 or so M+, cleared the raids on normal and heroic every week and so on, the result is one legendary on the patch day of 7.1 and nothing since. It would really be a slap in the face if my BLP was reset to zero or the same chanse to get the next one as someone that had 4 and just got thier 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You are so glad that the game is doing its best to hand over loot to you asap just in case you stop paying. Yes you sure deserve all those legendaries its only fair to get them with minimal effort.
    Your tears are delicious on my fries
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

I enjoyed the form, the implications and the lies of this blizzard damage control post very much.

_"soft cap" when it was a hard cap.
    _"very small group. [...] we're talking about hundreds of people out of millions."
    _"we removed that soft cap just over a week ago. "Bad luck protection" now applies indefinitely. Most of the players in this category have probably been focusing on Mythic Trial of Valor for the past week, and since wiping repeatedly to raid bosses during progress sadly can't award legendaries, they haven't had a chance to see the effects of the change just yet." the bigger the lie...

and the most infuriating one:
    _"a chunk of the playerbase would've had bags full of legendary items and no more to look forward to for months to come" GOD FORBID WE COULD USE THOSES GAMEPLAY CHANGING LEGENDARIES AND THAT WE COULD ACTUALLY GO PLAY THE GAME INSTEAD OF FARMING DUMB CRAP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    *sigh* Just because you can get incredibly lucky doesn't mean the soft cap didn't exist. I'm done trying to explain how these concepts work for now though as I have to head out. Enjoy being wrong about this and trying to scream into the wind to convince others how much smarter you are than them.
    Im not confused with dependent/independent concepts. Im saying flat out, that this is dependent.

From google:
    "The dependent events are the ones in which the occurrence or outcome of the first event is affecting the occurrence or outcome of the next event in line. For example if we draw two cards from a given deck of 52 cards, then the event of getting a heart first and then getting a red queen are dependent events."

THEY ARE LITERALY TELLING YOU, THAT THIS IS THE CONCEPT OF BLP(Hint: go read the paragraph where they suggest, that you farm and "BLP" ramps up, which is just like the deck example). There are NO evidence of something actively helping you, other than just basic math.

ITS ALL A SHOW, because this community is the worst in the industry.

Sorry for caps(smallest dogs barks most).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-25 at 03:01 PM.

?
    Couldn't read what you said over the bitching and crying

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Twenty-three pages in and several frequent posters still don't know what the term "soft cap" means...

Deleted
    Yeah lets lock the thread because you disagree with me. I guess its the norm these days judging from what people vote for also.
    No man you get me wrong , the actual problem is there is nothing to disagree on. This conversation is about if white is black or not. I see it white some trolls see it white and want to convince others its black just for fun and attention and some actually see it black,fair enough ...np life goes on.

I m glad there is no "soft cap"="stop of bad luck protection" anymore and i can hope continue and get 1 legendary / month instead of waiting for a lottery miracle after the 4th.

Ppl should focus their brains on actual problems of humanity. Thus lock the thread request.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Except you keep saying that running LK 10 times a week increases the chances of you getting something... which isn't true unless BLP is in place. Like I said, you're confused as fuck and can't even remember what you've said at this point.

You have also said BLP doesn't exist which means every loot roll would be an independent event. As such them "lying" about BLP wouldn't be supported by the math you claim supports it.
    Alright, please consider this:
    Person A: farms LK once Per week for the mount.
    Person B: farms LK 10 times Per week.

Which one of these got the highest chance of getting the Mount?

Now consider this:
    Person A: farms 1 Daily HC Dungeon and opens his daily cache.
    Person B: farms the same, plus actively farms raid and dungeons.

What you have been saying is, that Person A is having same probabilty of getting legendary, because of "BLP".

Did I understand you correct?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-25 at 03:48 PM.

Yeah... /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    So we removed that soft cap just over a week ago.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    It's ok boy, one day you will have 7 like I do.
    Now that they have removed the soft cap

7+ Year Old Account
    play game get drops same as it ever was i dontunderstand all the butthutrt....
    if it isnt fun anymore dont play it
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

15+ Year Old Account
    I play 2 toons daily, completing all the WQ's. On my paladin, I run a lot of mythics, on my warrior, I raid and farm. I haven't gotten any legendaries to date. I'm a little butthurt, but at the same time, it is what it is. I'm not going to quit playing or anything. Salt gets rubbed in the wound though when there are numerous people in my guild that have 3 or 4 total across different toons. I dont' know how my luck is so bad lol.

Deleted
    BLP isnt working for me. Did over 350 m+, dozens of raid bosses and countless emissary quests since my last drop. Where is my fourth one?

Such explanation, disgusting.
    They just don't want to admit directly, that's it.
    In their "theory", those who did 1000+ M+ dungeons without their 5th leg, was all about bad luck? WE ARE NOT FOOLS.
    Shame you, Blizzard. Shame you

When are they going to put in bad luck protection for my damn prot warrior hidden skin?

Deleted

Lightbulb

I think there is a awesome answer for legendary problem.
    My friend told me his idea yesterday. Legendaries should be much much more easy to get but where RNG comes is ilvl of item and socket. I think it is awesome idea! Lets say you are unlucky and you got your BiS legendary but with lower iLvL then best possible stats, but slightly better then average epic item. So the reward of legend is good, you are happy about bonus that it provides - that is sometimes tooo much important for your class. But there is still that crave for a better one. Sometimes you are lucky and your legendary is 910 from start with Gem slot, but for most of ppl u would get for example 895 ilvl with no socket but still with a bonus for example "Equip: The remaining cooldown on Revival is reduced by 2.0 sec each time you cast Renewing Mist.".

I think it solves both problems:
    FIRST. That ppl waiting for BiS legendaries and never got them
    SECOND. that there must be a reward system that makes ppl wait for something so much. Because I'm so tired of waiting for BiS legendaries or those that balance your class and make it good a gain.

And third problem that i forgot about is... getting legendaries for offspec?! If I would know that I have some legendaries on my main Mistweaver and they are good for me even they are not best ilvl and have no socket but have a bonus, I would change to my Brewmaster and pray to get BiS legendaries for my offspec that makes BrM very good, like a new legendaries in 7.1.5. For now offspec legendaries are gone and even I would think it is kind of ok to think legendaries are only for main spec, the problem is blizz is balancing some classes through legendaries.
    Last edited by mmoce24ef5fdbb; 2016-11-25 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Spelling problems

My god Strifeload please educate yourself on how probability works.
    Last edited by SpartanJet; 2016-11-25 at 07:06 PM.

For sure removing that soft cap helped, after waiting 2 months after i got Sephuz's Secret my second legendary FINALLY dropped... aaaaand its Prydaz. I'm a shadow priest. Can't even wear this shit, thanks Blizzard.