Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Hey bra,

Seems you missed some lines bra because they didn't suit your argument ha bra?

So lets read slowly: (Watcher) ""bad luck protection" system exists to protect the unluckiest players from the cruel fate of the dice...Once you'd gotten 4, you could absolutely get more, but the invisible hand of "bad luck protection" would no longer help you"

So as much as you love assuming the role of a victim that got screwed by the vicious devs bra, in reality all they did was stop helping you after you had already got your first 4 legends. And since this is the same help EVERYONE gets, at 4 legends luck became normal again and if you are a bad and unlucky you get zero which is what you deserve and if you are good and lucky you still get shinies.

Hard concept to grasp ha? But hey someone called it "soft cap" so it must definitely be a soft cap. They could call it "John" and people like you would still come and argue "its called John bra" because thats as far as your train of thought can get you before it runs out of coal.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the definition of RnG.
    Jesus so much rage over semantics... Watcher calls it a soft cap, when the devs call their concept "John" its John ya know .When your daddy is naming you Dickhead you are Dickhead. Nobody can tell your daddy "No he is not Dickhead, he is Retard". Fact is, at 4 it is or was probably way harder to get one than before, so there is some kind of breakpoint. Daddy called this breakpoint "Soft cap" what is per definition not wrong at all. The "soft" justifies "cap" in this case. Please spend the rest of the days with thinking about the truth behind this.

Btw i never argued with being a victim over this shit, i don't give a damn about legendaries and the system behind. i got sephuz, i dont use it, i dont care..

Takes one to know one friendo. Im sorry for your lack of civility and manners. RnG is RnG. Else they would call it Random Soft Cap Generator or something so you would know that you don't need to push further.
    when there is difference. like Rng+bad luck protection vs Rng. its no longer the same thing. thats like a simple math formula. 1+0.1=1 and you argue this formula is true.
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    and that explains why i got two this week on different toons ...

So glad soft cap was removed...

Also, wow... 18 pages of people claiming it was not a soft cap.. Human stupidity is indeed infinite... And amusing.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    you may want to read it properly first, you could earn more than 4 before it was just unlikely due to bad luck protection not helping after you got the 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcaz View Post
    Indeed, read it all, there was no cap
    That's the whole definition of a "soft cap", duh.
    If you would had been unable to get more than 4, it would have been a "hard cap".

ITT : people who don't understand what they read, telling other they should read.

7+ Year Old Account
    soooo all us that did 400+ mythic 9 runs "should" have more then 2 oranges??

- - - Updated - - -

then again, with the new ones coming out in 7.1.5 ill wait for my third legendary no problem for a shot at them legsplates!

You are being salty and swearing at me but Im raging ok Watcher called it "soft cap" to address the argument of Exorsus that had the fallacy of the soft cap. Little did he know what people like you would make out of it rofl. I bet he now regrets it since now people like you think he screwed them over and that RnG is some unfair method that Blizzard uses to stop you from filling your bags with every kind of crap just for doing LFR.

Just because your best effort is LFR doesn't mean they must add special protections for you. I had 5th legendary before even Exorsus came up with this stupidity that you now defend as factual evidence and Im on 6 legendaries on one toon and 11 legendaries across my account.

Its just RnG though I don't imagine things or ask for protections and shit. Thats for people like you who can't play at a high level but need to look good in Dalaran.
    how convenient you skipped my comment to troll that guy. i gave you a perfect explanation why its not just rng like you claiming. you just ignore facts at this point.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Your argument is making no sense.

Base game = RnG. + bad luck protect to 4 = RnG + boost to 4. Past 4 = back to RnG = back to base game.

At what point did they cap you in any way shape or form. They returned you to base game. The one you have always been playing. Shocking isn't it. You can still get 10 legendaries tonight. Or not. I guess if you do they didnt cap you and if you don't they capped you.

Seriously people read some bloody books. Or get some help. Or both.
    I love feeding bad trolls

Deleted
    We removed the bad luck procetion = you can get more than 4 legendaries.

DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU GET MORE LEGENDARIES MORE OFTEN. In FACT - there is nothing that helps you. Only math - the more content you do, the higher chance(they have been saying this over and over. The thing that "stacks" is your mathmatical statistics). Or, you can play lottery and win or go buy 1000 tickets and not win.

Good news for people, who can pull off 1.5k Mythic+ runs. Not so good for people who logs on for 15min and demands legendary(like the majority).

And I agree with the other post. 90% of the community, should read and understand basic math and how buisness works.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-25 at 12:43 PM.

well gee thank god people with 4+ legendaries are protected against bad luck again

So is this what its like to play Diablo with other people or groups? I have no idea since I never play Diablo with other people or groups. I just assume it is since WoW has been turned into World of Diablodrops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcaz View Post
    The whole "cap" discussion started only because Exorsus used the words "soft cap" when they actually meant "hard cap" (as they started talking about levling a new char once hitting this "cap" they believed existed), then the train seem to have started.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...endary-Softcap

It started beforehand, and I wasn't the first person to bring up softcap.

Get your facts right.

And no Exorsus meant softcap, it was easier to level and get 1,2,3,4 again then get fifth because of the Bad Luck Protection.

Your argument is making no sense.

Base game = RnG. + bad luck protect to 4 = RnG + boost to 4. Past 4 = back to RnG = back to base game.

At what point did they cap you in any way shape or form. They returned you to base game. The one you have always been playing. Shocking isn't it. You can still get 10 legendaries tonight. Or not. I guess if you do they didnt cap you and if you don't they capped you.

Seriously people read some bloody books. Or get some help. Or both.
    there is difference in difficulty to get 4 legendaries and getting more then 4. you blind if you cant see it. you ignore math you ignore facts. this is the end of the discussion its like arguing with those brainwashed religious fanatics.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    there is difference in difficulty to get 4 legendaries and getting more then 4. you blind if you cant see it. you ignore math you ignore facts. this is the end of the discussion its like arguing with those brainwashed religious fanatics.
    How is it difficult?

You can play 1 lottery and win or you can play 1000 tickets and not win. In this case, you can do 4 dungeons and get 4 legendaries or do 4K dungeons and get 1 legendary.

Some people got 4 and they barely play. Others earned it by running mindblowing 1.5K Mythic+ dungeons.

You can simple increase your chances, by doing content(buying tickets for the sake of the example). That is basic math for you.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-25 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    I have already explained that but keep arguing in a vacuum its very funny. You haven't read my posts and obviously haven't read the forum rules either. I ll make sure to fix that for you
    Sorry I havent wasted my time reading your attempts to reinvent the term of soft-cap as 99% of population perceives it as of how the rng legendary system worked till now. I even wonder why thread isnt locked yet.

Deleted
    Calling people fanatics or because people are stressing your comfort zone and calling for a threadlock is just a cheap shot.

Deleted
    It's been MENTIONED over and over again, that the more content you do, the higher chances for you(it's BASIC MATH). Please think of the lottery anecdocte(don't hurt your cells thou).

Why do you have alts to farm mounts in old raids? It's the same concept(in this example, how much effort you put per day/week).

My god the stupidity. Christ.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-25 at 01:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonyaa View Post
    Most of the reported cases that I saw with more than 4 were people that got them when the drop chance was bugged. It was pretty clear cut that hardcore players were hitting a wall at 4 drops.
    one of our guildies got 4 before the bug, and now has 7, he has since left the guild to join a higher progression one, cause... 7 legendaries...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Its hopeless man they can't get it. They think RnG is there to stop them lol.

Imagine these guys playing lottery. "OMG I DIDNT WINZ WTF HAXXX I BET IM SOFT CAPPED".
    You compare this legendary system to lottery? What?
    My grandpa is doing lottery for 50 years now and seriously i don't think that bad luck protection will increase his chance in winning at all. BUT THERE IS BAD LUCK PROTECTION WITH LEGENDARIES. You get the difference? It's not the same, it's not just rolling dices again and again and again. They change over time, increasing your chance, until you win, okay? This is your so called "base game". And at 4 legendaries your chance of getting another one was hugely lower than now == SOFT CAP at 4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You compare this legendary system to lottery? What?
    My grandpa is doing lottery for 50 years now and seriously i don't think that bad luck protection will increase his chance in winning at all. BUT THERE IS BAD LUCK PROTECTION WITH LEGENDARIES. You get the difference? It's not the same, it's not just rolling dices again and again and again. They change over time, increasing your chance, until you win, okay? This is your so called "base game". And at 4 legendaries your chance of getting another one was hugely lower than before == SOFT CAP at 4.
    Well...

Have you heard of the guy, who won jackpot 7 times in lottery(that is the current record holder). He is from US, probably playing the same lottery as your grandpa.

It seems like mathmatics got build-in bad luck protection. Smart right.