Looking for help building a new PC!

Looking to splurge a bit and build a monster PC that'll last a few years.
    P.S I'm terrible with computers.

Budget: 3500~4000 SGD Thats more or less 3k USD if that helps :<
    Resolution: 1080p
    Games / Settings Desired: WoW / Various FPS games. Want MAX fps in Overwatch / CS etc.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do: Looking to be able to stream with minimal FPS drops.
    Parts that can be reused: Nil. New Computer.
    Do you need an OS?: Yes.
    Do you need peripherals: No, but build needs to be able to make use of a new XL2540 Monitor
    Last edited by Zynelia; 2016-11-25 at 04:46 PM.

Where would you be ordering parts from?

In the drop down on top right of this website, what country would someone select for sinagapore:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/

3K USD is a lot of money but as Fascinate said, where are you ordering from? o.O

Generally speaking since you are about to drop that amount of money it would be a great idea to wait ~50 days for the 7700K to release.

Otherwise 6700K/Any Z170/8-16GB@3000Mhz/GTX 1080 should be your general image, even though a 1070 is more than enough too, you have money to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    3K USD is a lot of money but as Fascinate said, where are you ordering from? o.O

Generally speaking since you are about to drop that amount of money it would be a great idea to wait ~50 days for the 7700K to release.

Otherwise 6700K/Any Z170/8-16GB@3000Mhz/GTX 1080 should be your general image, even though a 1070 is more than enough too, you have money to spare.
    Since he has the XL2540 monitor it's better to go with 1080. It's a 240hz monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Since he has the XL2540 monitor it's better to go with 1080. It's a 240hz monitor
    This whole "Hz" on monitor and "You must have those FPS" is such a bullshit discussion, even if has 100 FPS on a 240Hz monitor, the difference is massive, same with 144Hz.

I am not even sure who started this discussion on the internet, really amazes me every time i see this.

Only the fact you can turn Vsync on and getting rid of any tearing from all those crapstatic games out there right now, without being capped at 60 FPS or buggy engines like WoW, where:

Vsync on: Raid FPS minimum: 40

Vsync off:Raid FPS minimum :55+

Is the biggest reason after SMOOTHNESS and SMOOTH COLORS and DID I MENTION SMOOTHNESS?

144Hz screens is the new trend, netcafes here are dropping over 100K in upgrades to keep up with the trend cause no one goes otherwise and i had the chance to experience three different 144Hz screens.

The difference is massive even if you do not have the FPS for it even on the cheaper crappy ASUS 144Hz one, there is simply no comparison, this "have the fps first!" myth is so fucking annoying.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-11-26 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This whole "Hz" on monitor and "You must have those FPS" is such a bullshit discussion, even if has 100 FPS on a 240Hz monitor, the difference is massive, same with 144Hz.

I am not even sure who started this discussion on the internet, really amazes me every time i see this.

Only the fact you can turn Vsync on and getting rid of any tearing from all those crapstatic games out there right now, without being capped at 60 FPS or buggy engines like WoW, where:

Vsync on: Raid FPS minimum: 40

Vsync off:Raid FPS minimum :55+

Is the biggest reason after SMOOTHNESS and SMOOTH COLORS and DID I MENTION SMOOTHNESS?

144Hz screens is the new trend, netcafes here are dropping over 100K in upgrades to keep up with the trend cause no one goes otherwise and i had the chance to experience three different 144Hz screens.

The difference is massive even if you do not have the FPS for it, there is simply no comparison, this "have the fps first!" myth is so fucking annoying.
    I have no idea what you're ranting about.

Since he has the money and such monitor, why shouldn't he go for close to 240 fps as possible, especially since he said Overwatch is one of the games he's going to be playing and 1080 is obviously better choice for that

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Where would you be ordering parts from?

In the drop down on top right of this website, what country would someone select for sinagapore:
    Probably India / AU but just a list will be fine. Can just slowly look through the local shops. PC parts here are generally 20% more expensive then the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Zynelia View Post
    Probably India / AU but just a list will be fine. Can just slowly look through the local shops. PC parts here are generally 20% more expensive then the states.
    Id do something like this, and dam i feel bad for aussies these prices are insane:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($455.00 @ Umart)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($129.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($259.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($259.00 @ IJK)
    Storage: Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($339.00 @ Shopping Express)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card ($599.00 @ Shopping Express)
    Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($215.00 @ Shopping Express)
    Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($172.50 @ Skycomp Technology)
    Total: $2427.50
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-26 23:03 AEDT+1100