Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

I'll just finish with this: If a guildie of mine can never beat me on DPS suddenly beats me by 40k every single fight only because he got IFE and I got garbage legendaries, something is really fucked up there and is by no means "fine".
    Yes, this game needs to stop being about people with better gear being better than me!! /cry

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Yes, this game needs to stop being about people with better gear being better than me!! /cry
    when there is no reliable way to obtain that gear then yes, it should stop.

this is in no way comparable to some1 having a tier set and another not having it. since they come from effort and are relatively reliable to obtain.

legendaries however, require insane amounts of grinding to even get to 4 of them, and with 4 you still only have half the legendaries available, meanign that after all that effort you still are worse than some heroic raider in 870 gear while youre in 885.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarathan View Post
    when there is no reliable way to obtain that gear then yes, it should stop.

this is in no way comparable to some1 having a tier set and another not having it. since they come from effort and are relatively reliable to obtain.

legendaries however, require insane amounts of grinding to even get to 4 of them, and with 4 you still only have half the legendaries available, meanign that after all that effort you still are worse than some heroic raider in 870 gear while youre in 885.
    How is that any different than class trinkets off Archimonde? Where people went months without theirs and you could only try once a week to get your mythic one.

How is that any different than class trinkets off Archimonde? Where people went months without theirs and you could only try once a week to get your mythic one.
    Because the chances of getting one were still quite high. Now if you were to compare it to the chances of getting max ilvl, desired tertiary stat and socket trinket from archimonde then we'd be talking about the same thing. Of course you couldnt have anything but that very best trinket, all others would've been removed.

This isnt a hard concept to understand, so please understand it. Thank you.

Deleted
    Wow youre really good at making good things sound bad.

If your LS takes 2 seconds to cast you have no haste.
    If it takes you 10 seconds to be able to cast starfall, you are horrible at this game.
    If your solor beam has a 1 min cd, then you suck at interupting.
    No one plans to fuck up, but people always fuck up. Especially in 12+ where things one shot you without even a thought.
    Who the fuck cares about mobility outside of combat? Are you serious?
    We are no where close to being bottom 5 in aoe. No one out dps me in 10+ when it comes to aoe pulls. The only time I lose is if they pop cds and I dont.

>If your LS takes 2 seconds to cast you have no haste.

I'm a good bit above 30% haste and it's at above 1.9 sec.
    I have exactly 2 items without haste. 877 ilvl.

>If it takes you 10 seconds to be able to cast starfall, you are horrible at this game.

Sunfire 1 sec.

Lunar Strike generates 15 AP, Starfall costs 60. That's 4*2 = 8 seconds + 1 second sunfire is 9. Not 10, but 9. I'm sorry.

>If your solor beam has a 1 min cd, then you suck at interupting.

Even with 45 seconds it's nearly 3x as long as many other classes.

>Who the fuck cares about mobility outside of combat? Are you serious?

Who the fuck cares about mobility during combat too? This isn't a raid encounter we are talking about. M+ movement consists of walking 2 steps left/right.

>We are no where close to being bottom 5 in aoe. No one out dps me in 10+ when it comes to aoe pulls.

Then those people are bad. Show me a log in which you pull upwards of 3-5 million DPS on 10 mobs.

If you need, i can show you tons of logs with hunters, rogues, enh, fire mages, dk, and DH doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckermouse View Post
    >If your LS takes 2 seconds to cast you have no haste.

I'm a good bit above 30% haste and it's at above 1.9 sec.
    I have exactly 2 items without haste. 877 ilvl.

>If it takes you 10 seconds to be able to cast starfall, you are horrible at this game.

Sunfire 1 sec.

Lunar Strike generates 15 AP, Starfall costs 60. That's 4*2 = 8 seconds + 1 second sunfire is 9. Not 10, but 9. I'm sorry.

>If your solor beam has a 1 min cd, then you suck at interupting.

Even with 45 seconds it's nearly 3x as long as many other classes.

>Who the fuck cares about mobility outside of combat? Are you serious?

Who the fuck cares about mobility during combat too? This isn't a raid encounter we are talking about. M+ movement consists of walking 2 steps left/right.

>We are no where close to being bottom 5 in aoe. No one out dps me in 10+ when it comes to aoe pulls.

Then those people are bad. Show me a log in which you pull upwards of 3-5 million DPS on 10 mobs.

If you need, i can show you tons of logs with hunters, rogues, enh, fire mages, dk, and DH doing just that.
    So you dont run starlord?
    So you dont run shooting stars, where 5+ mobs pretty much instantly gives you 60 AP
    No other class has a aoe silence while they are in the spot.
    So why bring up mobility if even you dont care?
    Show me a log in which people pull 10 mobs in 12+

You pretty much proved yourself wrong yourself which is kinda just embarrasing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Because the chances of getting one were still quite high. Now if you were to compare it to the chances of getting max ilvl, desired tertiary stat and socket trinket from archimonde then we'd be talking about the same thing. Of course you couldnt have anything but that very best trinket, all others would've been removed.

This isnt a hard concept to understand, so please understand it. Thank you.
    Do you even play this game anymore? I didnt know people cared about a casuals opinion.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even play this game anymore? I didnt know people cared about a casuals opinion.
    This argument is just ridiculous. The game consists mostly of casuals and even with that said, Lappee might be a casual now, but quitting high end raiding and world first races after doing it for a very long time, does not mean he is completely unknowing and his opinion isn't worth anything.

Also, the reason balance hasn't received any changes on the PTR yet is because of what has been said in the beginning of the thread. Blizzard is happy with the class as it is right now, and number tweaks will probably come when they are in a further stage of developing 7.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Truckermouse View Post
    You show me one where your classes are doing that on 10+. Hell, find one were the tank is regularly doing pulls that size on 10+, especially when trash modifiers are active.

Yes, I do play the game.
    No1 should care about opinions when we're talking about facts. That's right, facts. Not opinions but facts.
    Once more - Facts.

Just an idea here, what if Stella Flare replaced both Moon and Sunfire to one single dot with an increased damage. Insta cast lasts for 25/30 seconds and works with Nature's Balance.

Deleted
    Yesterday I did some 4-6 mythic DHT boosts and at the end of the night my average dmg on Details! was like 440k and the fire mage was at like 470k (he was lower geared than I sure I give you that) and I did ~500k on bosses. Keep in mind that Fire Mage + Blood DK = mobs die pretty fast.

If the affixes were better and we did 8-9s instead I think I would be even better off.

So you dont run shooting stars, where 5+ mobs pretty much instantly gives you 60 AP
    Is this a joke? Lets say we have sunfire on 5 mobs, for me (I have 28% haste if that changes anything) it ticks every 1.6 seconds, this is about 3 ticks/second. Shooting stars have 10% chance to proc, so we get about 0.3 procs/second which is about 1.2 astral power/second.

Why do you even bother throwing out so insanely stupid statements?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    people will always complain when they are not number 1 on simcraft. shut the fuck up. no of you crying on this forum are playing at a high enough level for it to matter anyway do 200k dps and clear any current content on the level at which we all know you play, heroic or lower.

/thread

Deleted
    So you dont run starlord?
    So why bring up mobility if even you dont care?
    Show me a log in which people pull 10 mobs in 12+

You pretty much proved yourself wrong yourself which is kinda just embarrasing

- - - Updated - - -

>So you dont run starlord?

I'm only talking about AOE.
    You need empowerments for starlord. Those require starsurge. You don't use starsurge on AOE.

>So you dont run shooting stars, where 5+ mobs pretty much instantly gives you 60 AP

Shooting stars is a 10% chance for 4 AP per tick of a sun/moonfire dot.

10 mobs is (best case if you are actually dotting through all of them) 20 dots, which is 20 ticks per second.

10% chance is 2 procs per second, which is 8 AP per second. 60AP with 8 AP per second is 7.5 seconds.

>No other class has a aoe silence while they are in the spot.

But many other classes have an aoe stun which is objectively better than a silence

>So why bring up mobility if even you dont care?

Because it is an integral part of our class.

--------------------------------------------

But to bring an end to this:

I think I could be doing a few things differently in M+. (For example try out shooting stars. Completely forgot about that one)
    In any way, knowing you guys don't experience the same problems I do (namely being pretty low on trash dps) will probably help me looking for the problem.

I thought moonkins are just bad at dungeons. If you are right and they aren't that bad, then i must be doing something wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion! Was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    people will always complain when they are not number 1 on simcraft. shut the fuck up. no of you crying on this forum are playing at a high enough level for it to matter anyway do 200k dps and clear any current content on the level at which we all know you play, heroic or lower.

/thread

It's not always about DPS you know.
    We have 2 tiers in our talents which do no damage.
    Noone is using Fury of Elune.
    SoTF is pretty much useless
    Stellar Flare is just another dot and it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Balance is fine, our Balance is always doing very well in raids. He only has the CA ring(got it last week, but before that he was also doing well), but if you get that or the SS head, you will do more than fine.

He was 5th on our Odyn Mythic kill and 6th on our Guarm Mythic kill.
    so the rest of your group sucks then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    and Nagura from Serenity was battling for first Place on Guarm
    she also said that without the ED she would have rerolled. She was going to main swap...sloot confirmed this

OMG Lappe from Paragon???

You were like my hero in WotLK when I mained boomkin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    There are People with 0 Legendary that play since Legion launch. But yeah i guess that they arent investing much time huh?
    If you have 0 legendarys and played since launch you are indeed not putting any effort in or putting effort doing the wrong things i.e not legendary eligble content

If only solarbeam ACTUALLY did this. mobs can ast inside it after the initial lockout

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    If you have 0 legendarys and played since launch you are indeed not putting any effort in or putting effort doing the wrong things i.e not legendary eligble content
    do prydaz and ekowraith count =S

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    OMG Lappe from Paragon???

You were like my hero in WotLK when I mained boomkin
    He was/is our overlord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    If only solarbeam ACTUALLY did this. mobs can ast inside it after the initial lockout

- - - Updated - - -

do prydaz and ekowraith count =S
    sadly yes >.<