View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Yeah I remember that one, it was a misquote of something Blizzard did actually say, linked here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ine-Blue-Posts

"LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR."

How you managed to miss that is beyond me. It was literally the only thing I was pointing out to you.
    I can also show you some posts of Ghostcrawler, the creator of LFR himslef.

https://m.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegen...street/d7jwm98
    What design decision do you regret the most, from all games?

GC:I have a lot of regrets about Raid Finder for WoW. I am sure I worked on features that were much, much worse, but that's the first one that came to mind.
    To be clear, the goal of getting more players into raiding is a good one. But the way Raid Finder turned out removed, IMO anyway, a lot of the epicness of what made raiding raiding. I also haven't played WoW in a few years, so it's entirely possible they have solved the problem by now.
    He also added this to the table:
    ...The altenative was to make the difficulty level so easy that you'd probably steamroll every boss and that's sort of where we ended up, but it meant you weren't really doing a rotation, lots of people were AFK and these famous bosses hit like kittens.

Daelo (Scott Mercer) was the other designer who worked with me on Raid Finder, and if I had to do it all over again, I think I would advocate we try something more like a group builder where a leader would invite (and be able to kick) people

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    To OP and his thread.
    You "justified that both" "his thread" and "______" "is needed" "to OP"?

Still not able to comprehend what you're saying here. Is English not your first language?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I can also show you some posts of Ghostcrawler, the creator of LFR himslef.
    Make no mistake: I think LFR is hot garbage, but I recognize that it has a large number of players participating in it and directly increases the quality of raids via increased budget allocation. If it weren't for that fact I absolutely would be arguing for its removal, but I'm not blind.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2016-11-25 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    We don't need anything else
    We do, though. LFR is the easiest of the easy. It isn't considered to even be raiding. Nobody repeats it week after week and actually is having fun. They're there for the free loot.

I’ve shared my opinion that premade raiding is dying and that automatic matchmaking like LFR is the wave of the future. Up until now, I’ve had only my vague sense based on what I’ve seen in game.
    Premade raiding isn't dying because it isn't fun to get together with friends. Premade raiding is dying for a multitude of reasons on different levels mainly stemming from the over accessibility of the system. New players are daunted by the fact that there are so many difficulties even though the only ones that really matter are heroic and mythic. Mythic raiders are sick of having to level 5-6 alts for split farm runs that are the only way to reliably compete. Even still is the titanforge system and legendary system that causes lower level difficulties to be relevant even though they shouldn't be for people who have already finished them. In MoP and before you killed a boss once a week on one difficulty and that was it. If you were a mythic raider (then called heroic) you would clear as much as you could on the higher difficulty and then you would finish the rest of the lower one and that was it. You didn't have to clear the entire raid 3-4 times a week on your main character.

What does this show? First obvious conclusion is that LFR is a runaway success. The most sought out piece of content Blizzard has ever released, a genius move on their part and something they should be building on, not running away from. If they do, they effectively run away from subscribers, which happens to be something funny to picture.. Imagine Blizzard really running away from subscribers waving money bills. Hilarious.

Not only are non-raiders doing LFR, but most raiders also run LFR as well, either on their mains or on their alts. I mean, during any expansion before LFR, Blizzard would kill for a 25%~30% participation rate for raids. But LFR’s 70% participation rate clearly blows the new "flexible" raiding out of the water as a second stringer in terms of how successful its implementation is, and in fact LFR’s participation rate is often times higher than other raid difficulties COMBINED.
    Oh boy. You took the facts and then twisted the reasons why those facts are the case to suite your argument. LFR isn't a success, it was a disaster. Ghostcrawler to this day regrets making the system. It opened up raiding to all the casual factors I listed above because now they were required to compete with LFR. They want players out of LFR and into the harder difficulties. LFR was made for accessibility's sake but they should have just done flex. The technology probably wasn't in place for flex system but I bet you that they would have rather implemented flexible mode over LFR. The only reason actual raiders run LFR is for free loot and free tier gear. Every LFR prior to WoD dropped tier pieces which interacted with other tier pieces. People would run LFR because the tier set bonuses were super important or there was a specific item like Thok's Tail Tip or the trinket off of Galakras that was mandatory for dps specs to obtain. Sometimes you wouldn't get it from normal or heroic so you had to run LFR every week in order to get that item. It's a broken system. They tried to fix it in WoD but the casual audience rebelled at the fact that they were getting the loot type they deserved so they're returning to giving out the same gear which could further the problem of requiring mythic level raiders to just keep farming way too much.

LFR was the introduction of the slippery slope of casual changes that slowly is killing the hardcore scene.

Another argument can be made on how different difficulties can, in fact, dissuade new players from continuing to play. They feel overwhelmed by how many difficulties they will have to go through before they can be considered "Raiders" and how the ilevel inflation is something only causing problems for WoW's lifespan (which is caused by 4 different difficulties each raid tier + RNG loot and other shenanigans called Legendaries)
    Yes but the solution isn't to remove everything except LFR. LFR literally isn't a difficulty yet people claim that they've seen the whole raid tier after finishing it. It's a problem. They should remove LFR if anything to lessen the burden to 3 difficulties and should market Normal as the introduction level raiding and heroic as the "default" setting and mythic as hard mode. The difficulties should really be Beginner Mode, Normal Mode, and Hard Mode. That way people know that beginner is for introducing you to the raiding system, normal is for the average player, and hard mode is for the players seeking the hardest challenge. It wouldn't feel so bad. They should also remove titanforge system and that would cause players to feel less overwhelmed as well.

This issue is further amplified by the fact that the other difficulties forces you to be social in order to participate in them, LFR does not, hence another argument in favor for it.
    This is a freaking MMORPG. It's designed to be a social game. That's the whole purpose of professions, guilds, friendslists...

This is very clearly a troll post.

I've never set my foot there. But LFR isn't easy if that's what you are implying here.

- - - Updated - - -

LFR is easy. You can clear an LFR wing in about 30 to 45 minutes without ever having a clue as to the mechanics beforehand and never needing to coordinate healers and tanks. Try that on another difficulty(even in normal) and you'll spend all night wiping on trash.

The devs that make this game desperately try to stay relevant among their colleagues in the gaming industry by trying to keep WoW 'competitive.' Like their own version of 'street cred.' Sad but true.

"He's going all out!"

The truth is that, imo, blizzard took the lazy, easy way out long ago. Other MMOs do it differently and there was a time when blizz did it also, multiple raids, with different sizes, 1 difficulty only, each serving a purpose and targetting a audience.

The same raid, multiple dificulty, multiple size, design maybe easier for them to tune and design, but is boring as hell, doesn't offer real diversity and gets old pretty fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    go away and never comeback
    This so much. stop trying to be a Jaylock 3.0 and just stop.
    we get it. wow sucks for you, so stop and leave mmoc forever. goodbye

Deleted
    I've never set my foot there. But LFR isn't easy if that's what you are implying here.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep it constructive. This is a very real problem that plagues WoW atm, now something to dismiss as a joke

- - - Updated - - -

How so?

Do you realize that LFR-like tools are the most sought out content blizzard has ever released?
    On most fights you cannot die if you tried.
    Tell me how is that not easy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do LFR i only raid normal heroic and mythic.

I find your concept to be rather discriminating and more among the lines of it being something you can't do therefor it shouldn't be there what makes you nothing more than a selfish bastard

Guilds is what this game fuels on so good look trying to get away with it when the design structure is based around it for years and continues to be so.

Also 10/10 for bait, here's another post for your attention whoring

Deleted
    YES! LFR (the tool) should be the only difficulty but it should be somewhere between Heroic and mythic difficulty. Kind of like if Mythic and heroic had a quicky and forgot to wear some Norton.

7+ Year Old Account
    compared to progression raiders i think im classified as a casual . normal is pretty easy honestly. LFR is just teh dungein finder of raiding. its for people who for whatever reason cant make a group in trade guild or for that matter use teh premade finder. all of these things make it pretty easy to get into normal raiding. ive used trade chat for pug groups on my server since the beginning. works well adn usually lets me get at least some sort of feel for the mode. and tanks that you get that way are either ok to learn as you go or are doing the same things you are and are willing to teach if you are honest about how far along you are with strats.

thats my take at any rate
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    On most fights you cannot die if you tried.
    Tell me how is that not easy?
    I've died plenty of times, you're just wrong there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    This so much. stop trying to be a Jaylock 3.0 and just stop.
    we get it. wow sucks for you, so stop and leave mmoc forever. goodbye
    I'm sharing what I think would be an improvement for the game.

People keep mentioning someone called jaylock who was very obnoxious about my thread 2weeks ago. I dont think I have anything in common with him

Swear to god I knew it was you before I even clicked. So you want to do away with epics, guilds, and make LFR the only difficulty? What's next? No more mounts, just click where you want to go on the map and you'll teleport there.

Quote Originally Posted by Waarheid View Post
    LFR is easy. You can clear an LFR wing in about 30 to 45 minutes without ever having a clue as to the mechanics beforehand and never needing to coordinate healers and tanks. Try that on another difficulty(even in normal) and you'll spend all night wiping on trash.
    People usually try their best there. It isn't easy, that's very subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    Swear to god I knew it was you before I even clicked. So you want to do away with epics, guilds, and make LFR the only difficulty? What's next? No more mounts, just click where you want to go on the map and you'll teleport there.
    I have a few other ideas that can further improve the game yes. Mounts are fine though(not the mythic only ones)

Deleted
    lfr, descent reward for doing nothing, especialy after a month or 2 you can just go sit at the side to get boosted.
    Logic why it's so popular, also the time it takes, about same as lower lvl dungeons.

I have a few other ideas that can further improve the game yes. Mounts are fine though(not the mythic only ones)
    I'd love to hear them. Cause I just don't understand these elitist assholes who think exclusivity is good for the game and think they should be rewarded for the work that they put in. And come on, why does everyone wanna talk to other people in an MMORPG? I pay my 15 dollars so I should get Mythic Tier gear in queueable LFR! Amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athrun7189 View Post
    I voted yes! best trolling ever
    Everyone at 4chan will salute the OP. God bless tikcol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based Jaylock-san

I vote yes

Deleted
    Obviously a troll, pls die a slow and painful death.