Poll: Who would Varian pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

What if Varian had chance to pick next High King?

So like the name of thread says let imagine what Wrynn could pick next High King after his death and rest of the Alliance would agree. Who do you think he would pick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    So like the name of thread says let imagine what Wrynn could pick next High King after his death and rest of the Alliance would agree. Who do you think he would pick?
    Is this a joke? rofl

He would pick his son 110%. Nobody would dispute it. No questions. No discussion. End thread.

P.S. Gotta troll better than that cmon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguably, he did pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "My friends...do not...mourn me. For even if i die...there is one man...one..greatest hero of alliance...who will lead you in this dark hour."
    "And his name...his name is Topper McNabb .

That would be really cool scene to see.

7+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion it would be Muradin. Varian knew him long ago and dwarves is the closest and most trusted by humans allies. I believe he will not pick Genn (as the most oblivious choice probably) because:

1 - Let face it Genn is too old.

2 - He have revenge thing for Sylvanas and Varian (Legion Varian who wanted to preserve peace) knew Greymane will wage new war between factions.

3 - Varian probably would want Genn stay with Anduin and guide him. High King stuff could distance Genn from his son.

- - - Updated - - -

He would pick his son 110%. Nobody would dispute it. No questions. No discussion. End thread.
    I will disagree. Varian not idiot - he understand what Anduin lacks of many things that High King needs. And im doubt he will put such a burden on his son's shoulders in such dire times (Legion).

7+ Year Old Account
    he would pick Tyranda because reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

#GennforHighKing
    #MakeStormwindGreatAgain

Deleted
    He would maybe pick Genn for High King, but of course King of Stormwind would be Anduin.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He picked Anduin, what do you mean by " if he had the chance "? He had already prepared an ascension letter for his son if anything ever were to happen to him. We actually see that in the cinematic.

Deleted
    He would pick the Tushui Pandaren leader. I remember him saying during the Panderen campaign that "If I do not return I can be sure that these new allies will lead Alliance to glory." and Anduin agreed since he was saved from the mogu by some pandaren.

He wouldn't pick Muradin because Varian hated the dwarves after they captured Anduin.

He also didn't trust the night elves.

And while he loved his son he thought that Anduin was more of a housewife than a king.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    And while he loved his son he thought that Anduin was more of a housewife than a king.

Imagining Anduin in maid dress
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    He would probably pick Tyrande. Because she and him have a lot in common.She's not too passive,nor too aggressive.She is a strong experienced leader.

I dont think he would pick Anduin because being the faction leader would make his son a major target.

7+ Year Old Account
    He picked Anduin, what do you mean by " if he had the chance "?
    I mean if Varian was in Vol'jin situation.

He had already prepared an ascension letter for his son if anything ever were to happen to him. We actually see that in the cinematic.
    Anduin will lead Stormwind and humans no doubt. But High King doesn't suppose to be human/leader of Stormwind.

PS In my opinion Jarod Shadowsong should be the High King.

Sylvanas, just so I could watch you throw a tantrum.

Anyway, when Blizzard introduced the High King nonsense they defended it with historical aspects of Alliance of Lordaeron, which included how it was human focused. They repeated that when they made Anduin High King and also claimed it makes sense for the faction with the strongest military to have this military position. Which has always been Stormwind. Unless their outlook on High King changed (since three months ago or so), it would be Anduin one way or another.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-26 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    He would probably pick Tyrande. Because she and him have a lot in common.She's not too passive,nor too aggressive.She is a strong experienced leader.
    Agreed. Tyrande reminds me of WoTLK Varian.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande cannot be High King #onlymen
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    idk what kind of brain you have to have to think he'd pick anyone other than anduin...

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    idk what kind of brain you have to have to think he'd pick anyone other than anduin...
    Now, can you spot the assumption you made in this post? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Tyrande cannot be High King #onlymen
    Tell that to Tyrande's face.She'll rip your balls off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Anduin has been groomed for kingship since he was a little boy. Now that he is a young man, Varian would without a doubt pick him as his succesor as high king. It also seems like the other racial leaders have been prepared for Anduin to take the mantle of king for some time now. It atleast does not seem like anybody is against him taking over, except for maybe Jaina.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.