Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How strong really is the ring on single target?

I have two questions:

Just how strong is the havoc ring on single target on both a whole fight and also on burst.

Lets say im able to dishout maybe 420k dps on hc guarm on like a 4 minute timer. What kind of dps Might I see with the ring?
    Impossible to give a exact number ofcourse just give me a ish answer. like maybe 430k ish? 440k ish? or maybe even more?

I wonder the same thing, Im not as skilled as you lol, but I hit close to my Mr. Robot numbers 345k I do around 320ish, Got an aoe Leg (Head slot meh, its nice in M+) anyways my top dpser in guild is hitting your numbers 400+ on Guarm etc. my only guage for how good it is, that he says "Thats the only upgrade I would have needed before the nerf" Now he doesnt sing its praises or anything. but for this cat to have even mentioned it means that it WAS pretty close to mandatory to be competitive at TOP end DPS (IM NOT a top end DPS not claiming to be, just going off what a much better player has said to me) Now though word is the shoulders are simming as BiS? I dunno my thought is this. Fury gen boost is awesome an extra 12 instead of 20 is still alot better than 0 extra.
    Anyways to answer your question, Id guess its around 10%-12% increase if you really could just spam CC the whole time (its 5 am and this was very very quick math, chill with the flameage bruh)

For instance, the ring sims 50k DPS for my character using Bloodlet.

The distance gets smaller (40k~) if you're using Felblade without the ring.

We're talking around 460k DPS simmed with the ring and Bloodlet.

It is op as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post

It is op as fuck.
    That gotta be from before they fixed the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    That gotta be from before they fixed the nerf.
    Afaik, Simc always had 1-12 for AotHG. So... the difference was even bigger ingame with 1-20.

Anger fo the half giants is a 10% dps increase for demon blades + bloodlet and roughly 5% over demon blades + felblade (with ring you dont use felblbade anymore though) on pure ST. For non demon blades users the ring sits at roughly 5% since demons bite sucks mechanically and you can't make a smuch use of the extra fury as with demon blades, even at heavily reduced fury generation per proc on demon blades.

That is with the 1-12 extra fury generation, which was only recently hotifxed, since as Shirofune mentioned already, the ring was never implemented as 1-20 for demon blades in simcraft.

Going from 1-12 to 1-20, 6,5 to 10,5 on average, is about a 60% increase, so the bugged version which has been going around until the recent hotfix was a gain of up to 16% ST dps.

To provide a number example. Taking the 420k baseline example assuming demon blades + bloodlet. If you get Anger now, you'll bump up to roughly 462k dps. If the bug was still in place you would get as high as 488k dps. This ofocurse assuming you manage the extra fury well and dont overcap like crazy.
    Keep in mind though that felblade provides roughly 5% more ST dps than bloodlet on pure ST, so you could close the gap by using felblade and get up to ~440k with a properly executed felblade.

Overall the ring is very strong for ST (only that though, the extra fury does absolutely nothing for cleave and AoE) and was pretty broken before it got hotifxed.

Deleted

It is op as fuck.
    The ring doesn't boost 40k dps, else everyone with the ring would've rekt everyone without the ring, there's plenty of top DH without ring doing the same amount of DPS/Damage as those with the ring, it's pretty much RNG with the ring itself for being good, but it's not OP like you say. Legendary is suppose to be good, not OP or bad and thats what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    The ring doesn't boost 40k dps, else everyone with the ring would've rekt everyone without the ring, there's plenty of top DH without ring doing the same amount of DPS/Damage as those with the ring, it's pretty much RNG with the ring itself for being good, but it's not OP like you say. Legendary is suppose to be good, not OP or bad and thats what it is.
    "suppose to" is the keyword here mate

That's just not true.

If you want to parse 95+ in ToV/Mythic EN in a consistent way, you need that ring. I'm one of those, and even though my skill is not perfect, I can say I don't suck. I'm doing 400k DPS in Guarm with no ring. Someone with the ring is doing 480k.

If the fury generation without the ring wasn't such a shit (I keep hating DBs tied to autoattacks and missing), then the difference wouldn't be so big. But with the fury generation being so random it just is the difference between night a day.

That ring made so even though if you were on a miss-string, you'd still have fury to at least keep you going for the next 2 AAs. If that happens without the ring, well, you're fucked.

Deleted
    That's just not true.

If you want to parse 95+ in ToV/Mythic EN in a consistent way, you need that ring. I'm one of those, and even though my skill is not perfect, I can say I don't suck. I'm doing 400k DPS in Guarm with no ring. Someone with the ring is doing 480k.

If the fury generation without the ring wasn't such a shit (I keep hating DBs tied to autoattacks and missing), then the difference wouldn't be so big. But with the fury generation being so random it just is the difference between night a day.

That ring made so even though if you were on a miss-string, you'd still have fury to at least keep you going for the next 2 AAs. If that happens without the ring, well, you're fucked.
    Have you even checked the logs from the top DH's? I could even link some logs to prove u wrong, if you can't check for yourself, I've been going through logs myself just to check how big difference it is with the ring, even been comparing my logs with those and it's not a big difference, you can go to Resources > Fury Gain and you can see the parses and how to compare go into your logs compare add yourself to Select a player and make sure it's almost the same fight length/ilvl and just go through there
    Last edited by mmoc3f44588661; 2016-11-26 at 06:17 PM.

Have you even checked the logs from the top DH's? I could even link some logs to prove u wrong, if you can't check for yourself, I've been going through logs myself just to check how big difference it is with the ring, even been comparing my logs with those and it's not a big difference, you can go to Resources > Fury Gain and you can see the parses and how to compare go into your logs compare add yourself to Select a player and make sure it's almost the same fight length/ilvl and just go through there
    Do you know what mastery snapshooting is sir? There's not a single DH in the top without the ring. Those you see in the top without it are mastery snapshooting :P
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-11-26 at 06:37 PM.

what is mastery snapshooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Torcbar View Post
    what is mastery snapshooting?
    Look around the DH discord

Deleted
    Do you know what mastery snapshooting is sir? There's not a single DH in the top without the ring. Those you see in the top without it are mastery snapshooting :P
    Never heard of anything about Mastery snapshooting, could you explain a bit? I tried to find it on discord, I'm usually never checking there, but feel free to help me understand it, would be cool to know how that works and how much damage that could increase if thats the case

He means snapshotting

What you do is have a max mastery set of gear equipped prepull, then swap to your standard gear after popping demon blades before pulling - Chaos blades snapshots the mastery so you can get 50+% bonus damage rather than the 10-20% you likely see.

Edit: Wrong talent name
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-11-26 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    He means snapshotting

What you do is have a max mastery set of gear equipped prepull, then swap to your standard gear after popping demon blades before pulling - Demon blades snapshots the mastery so you can get 50+% bonus damage rather than the 10-20% you likely see.
    I should try this on my DH, I have a mastery set for the speed bonus to do WQs, about 15k mastery. That could be in insanely fun...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    He means snapshotting

What you do is have a max mastery set of gear equipped prepull, then swap to your standard gear after popping demon blades before pulling - Demon blades snapshots the mastery so you can get 50+% bonus damage rather than the 10-20% you likely see.
    Not Demon Blades, you mean Chaos Blades.

Deleted
    It used to be ~15-17%, not it is about 9-12%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudqt View Post
    I have two questions:

Just how strong is the havoc ring on single target on both a whole fight and also on burst.

Lets say im able to dishout maybe 420k dps on hc guarm on like a 4 minute timer. What kind of dps Might I see with the ring?
    Impossible to give a exact number ofcourse just give me a ish answer. like maybe 430k ish? 440k ish? or maybe even more?

I can give you some testing numbers. A buddy of mine (He has the ring, I don't) ran a test at 875 ilvl. First, we did 10 minutes on a target dummy auto attacking, to establish a baseline of DPS to account for stat differences without the ring. We ended up being 1% apart in DPS, he being slightly higher, and both of us having nearly identical crit. We then ran a 10 minute test of only spamming Chaos Strike and doing nothing else. This gives an estimate of the relative DPS increase due to the ring. Note: Relative DPS increase, not static. The Ring should increase your DPS by a percentage and not a flat value. because our stats were very similar (Only Haste/Mastery/Versatility differed by any relevant margins and we already baselined the DPS difference from them).

After 10 minutes, my DPS stabilized at 155k and his stabilized at 200k. Take from that what you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

I'm usually around top 30 all-stars EN with no ring and I don't snapshot though.