Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    I can give you some testing numbers. A buddy of mine (He has the ring, I don't) ran a test at 875 ilvl. First, we did 10 minutes on a target dummy auto attacking, to establish a baseline of DPS to account for stat differences without the ring. We ended up being 1% apart in DPS, he being slightly higher, and both of us having nearly identical crit. We then ran a 10 minute test of only spamming Chaos Strike and doing nothing else. This gives an estimate of the relative DPS increase due to the ring. Note: Relative DPS increase, not static. The Ring should increase your DPS by a percentage and not a flat value. because our stats were very similar (Only Haste/Mastery/Versatility differed by any relevant margins and we already baselined the DPS difference from them).

After 10 minutes, my DPS stabilized at 155k and his stabilized at 200k. Take from that what you will.
    If you do 155k and 200k spamming chaos strike you need to review your gear. That's terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

We have one good legendary. Rogues have 4 for ST. And you guys keep spamming to want it nerfed . Bunch of children you are

Quote Originally Posted by OlorinOrigin View Post
    If you do 155k and 200k spamming chaos strike you need to review your gear. That's terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

We have one good legendary. Rogues have 4 for ST. And you guys keep spamming to want it nerfed . Bunch of children you are
    That's without doing anything else. No Cooldowns, No Momentum, No Fel Rush, No throw glaive. Stand on a dummy and mash Chaos Strike.

Both of us have over 50% crit; every piece of gear has crit on it. Both had Bloodthirsty instinct and a stat stick (Agi/Crit) for our other trinket to eliminate other potential procs.

You go stand at a dummy and only push Chaos strike. Your damage isn't as high as you think it'll be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I'm usually around top 30 all-stars EN with no ring and I don't snapshot though.
    Logs get harder and harder to get good parses because more people have access to the ring. That's why in the beggining of EN, getting high parses wasn't "hard".

I was ranking around 98 in pretty much all bosses except Ursoc and Cenarius the first of EN. Now, hf getting good ranks in HC ToV.

Snapshooting only boosts your initial burst, though, I agree it won't boost your parses, but it will help a little bit, specially if you've the legendary belt.

- - - Updated - - -

We want it nerfed and the nerf baked into the baseline spec.

We all agree our ST is low without the ring, but we also know the difference is SO big the ring doesn't make sense.

So much power shouldn't be baked into a single item and no class should feel like garbage (because that's how DBs feel without the ring) until you've a RNG-gated item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Logs get harder and harder to get good parses because more people have access to the ring. That's why in the beggining of EN, getting high parses wasn't "hard".

I was ranking around 98 in pretty much all bosses except Ursoc and Cenarius the first of EN. Now, hf getting good ranks in HC ToV.

Snapshooting only boosts your initial burst, though, I agree it won't boost your parses, but it will help a little bit, specially if you've the legendary belt.

- - - Updated - - -

We want it nerfed and the nerf baked into the baseline spec.

We all agree our ST is low without the ring, but we also know the difference is SO big the ring doesn't make sense.

So much power shouldn't be baked into a single item and no class should feel like garbage (because that's how DBs feel without the ring) until you've a RNG-gated item.
    Still makes you a child who wants a toy they don't have and arent patient enough to get.

Still makes you a child who wants a toy they don't have and arent patient enough to get.
    I bet you have the ring, though

Won't even comment about "being patient", since you should already know how the crap legendary system that is on place works.

Deleted
    I bet you have the ring, though

Won't even comment about "being patient", since you should already know how the crap legendary system that is on place works.
    Your words not mine . You "want it" nerfed and baked into the spec because you can't get iT so you invent a pretense saying it s not fair for the whole DH community. The whole dh community is not 20 guys on a forum. 20 guys on a forum are whiners. You by no means speak for the community so go ahead and admit you want it so bad you want it nerfed so no one can have it and you know there s no way in hell blizzard buffs and nerfs in the same spectrum . PTR showes that.

Guys like you are just spreading toxic opinions . What your posts show is ignorance of other ppls posts and a sheer "it s not fair to ME" feeling.
    Last edited by mmoc674be9c0a4; 2016-11-27 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    It's not fair to the class, to be fair.
    It's either having the ring nerfed or the class once more gear is available. You just have to pick your poison, and I'd shoot for a class that works without a legendary.

In all honesty, the difference is massive. The ring is grossely overpowered. If you want to be top dog on ST you need the ring. Gameplay wise, if you dont use the ring you feel fury starved.

yes the ring is THAT good. It is no wonder blizzard is nerfing it again.
    Last edited by psyquest; 2016-11-27 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Demon hunter is the only class whining so hard about 1 single item instead of trying to have the class buffed without killing their legendaries. You are being ridiculous.

Find me one other class forum having so consistent posts about One OP item which MANY of them posess. If you tell me other classes don"t have comparable legendaries, ill laugh in your face.

For ex My rogue sims at 330k without any legendaries, when i add ONE of the three top ST ones ; i sim at 380k. Are rogue forums a toxic plague with children asking for nerfs because they can't accept the system? Nope.

And if you tell me rogue are doing already great dps without.. That's not an argument. The argument is your way of thinking, which is backwards.
    Last edited by mmoc674be9c0a4; 2016-11-27 at 12:13 PM.

Demon hunter is the only class whining so hard about 1 single item instead of trying to have the class buffed without killing their legendaries. You are being ridiculous.

Find me one other class forum having so consistent posts about One OP item which MANY of them posess. If you tell me other classes don"t have comparable legendaries, ill laugh in your face.

My rogue sims at 330k without any legendaries, when i add of the three top ST ones ; i sim at 380k.
    Its simple, the classes are not jack shit without the legendaries.

That's the case for DH though.

And yeah, you're adding THREE legendaries. That single ring sims for 50k in most DHs, and before getting hotfixed the difference was even bigger, something Simc didn't show because it was never updated to do 1-20 Fury on DBs.

Negating the ring is op as fuck is delusional. Negating the class is garbage without it, also.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-11-27 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted

And yeah, you're adding THREE legendaries. That single ring sims for 50k in most DHs, and before getting hotfixed the difference was even bigger, something Simc didn't show because it was never updated to do 1-20 Fury on DBs.

Negating the ring is op as fuck is delusional. Negating the class is garbage without it, also.
    Read again, i m adding ONE.

Thinking you will get the class somewhere by nerfin something that makes it better is being delusional. Good thinking is thinking how to make it better without making it worse first.

Got it kid?

And stop pretending like the ring is what makes u better, you gotta have RING AND BELT. That combo is godly.

btw No one negates the ring is amazing. Your unrealistic tenacity in fighting to get it nerfed is totally mindboggling. Never ever saw that within a class..
    Last edited by mmoc674be9c0a4; 2016-11-27 at 12:23 PM.

Read again, i m adding ONE.

Thinking you will get the class somewhere by nerfin something that makes it better is being delusional. Good thinking is thinking how to make it better without making it worse first.

Got it kid?

And stop pretending like the ring is what makes u better, you gotta have RING AND BELT. That combo is godly.

btw No one negates the ring is amazing. Your unrealistic tenacity in fighting to get it nerfed is totally mindboggling. Never ever saw that within a class..
    Ok mate, you got me annoyed already.

I'm not gonna answer to you anymore. When you learn to properly type without insulting people and manipulating their words, we can talk.

For now, I'm gonna report you because you don't deserve to keep posting.

Deleted
    Except there is no insult in my post, only comments to your way of thinking. All i read is that you re angry and don't know what to answer anymore so you go report because you don t want to handle my arguments whilst i have to put up with :

1- your not reading my posts correctly

2- you assuming things about me without any basis

3- you don't get to decide if i "deserve" to keep posting.

I attempt to get the argument to evolve towards a buff to the class overall without killing its top end legendary (only one) when you attempt to destroy said legendary out of spite and don't suggest anything else for the class than transfering some of its power to ppl without it. That's not balance talk, that's ..well.. ugh..no comment.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just one of your posts and it contains several curse words. Look at mine, see of many u see and talk to me again about insults
    Last edited by mmoc674be9c0a4; 2016-11-27 at 12:45 PM.

people are basically saying the same thing and people are just not taking the time to understand each other.

facts:

DH without ring legendary is not good enough on ST dps.
    DH have a lack of good legendaries for ST dps
    DH require a buff in ST dps
    DH require more legendaries that are strict single target dps.
    DH cannot be asked to rely on a single RNG legendary drop in order to be relevant in single target dps.

what blizzard need to do:

1-fix DH legendaries, we need more ST options and not have to rely on a single one, especially the ring. Others leg need to be as powerful.
    2-fix DH ST dps.

/endthread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    people are basically saying the same thing and people are just not taking the time to understand each other.

facts:

DH cannot be asked to rely on a single RNG legendary drop in order to be relevant in single target dps.

1-fix DH legendaries, we need more ST options and not have to rely on a single one, especially the ring. Others leg need to be as powerful.
    2-fix DH ST dps.

/endthread
    Ya basically.

for a Havoc DH with a momentum build, what are the go to legendaries? my thought was the ring and the wrists.

- - - Updated - - -

facts:

2-fix DH ST dps.

/endthread
    i've noticed this too. my aoe dps is disgusting, but my single target leaves a lot to be desired.

Generally Ring & belt, since while the wrists are nice for cleave we don't really 'need' more cleave in EN. No fight has such demanding cleave to make it shine over single target benefits (not that belt doesn't do anything on aoe).

As mentioned there's an issue with legendaries like bracer, boots, helmet being solely aoe legendaries. They're fantastic in dungeons (moreso the former 2 right now, although the helmet is nice) but drop dead in EN/ToV where it matters.

Before mythic helya anyway, no experience/knowledge to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

That's great and all, but you said there were literally no DH in the top without ring or CB snapshot pulls, which is clearly not true.

facts:

2-fix DH ST dps.

/endthread
    Not a single one of those statements were a fact at all lol. AOTHG is arguably the best legendary overall, but it isn't the strongest ST. The belt is better.The ring isn't the strongest at cleave. The bracers are better. The ring isn't the strongest on AOE. The blindfold is better. What the ring does do is make the playstyle more fun and SMOOTH IMO.

What blizzard need to do is look at ways that they can make the fury regen less clunky so that playstyle is more fluid. Fuck DPS, I'd rather have an enjoyable playstyle thanks. Find me one boss where theres not a single DH in the top 100 without AOTHG then I'll believe that it's impossible to be competitive without it:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter&spec=Havoc
    Last edited by Draekan; 2016-11-28 at 12:05 AM.

The belt offers 4-5% dps ST, the ring offers over 10% (pre nerf) just based on sims, and over 15% due to the bug.

It wasn't just the best ST, it was BY FAR the best ST. It was one of the strongest ST legendaries across all classes once DB got changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."