15+ Year Old Account

DK as a solo PvP class

I've been asking at DK class forums to no avail, but I want to hear seasoned pvpers' opinions: I'm thinking of leveling a DK from lvl 100: I always remember them being formidable 1v1 characters with durability, damage and self-healing. How do you feel playing your DK solo on BGs or in world PvP? Or should I rather stick with my ret?
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    I've been asking at DK class forums to no avail, but I want to hear seasoned pvpers' opinions: I'm thinking of leveling a DK from lvl 100: I always remember them being formidable 1v1 characters with durability, damage and self-healing. How do you feel playing your DK solo on BGs or in world PvP? Or should I rather stick with my ret?
    Ret and Death Knight both have their perks. Me I play frost in pvp and find myself a power house and it the others take at least 1v2 or 1v3 to kill me 1v1 I come out on top unless than its endless kiting than I make them come to me. Death Knights have shitty mobility, wraith walk for 3s on a 45s cut me a break blizzard, ret on the other hand has more ways to get out of stuns, slows, etc and divine steedx2 on top of that plus a "oh shit button" (aka Divine shield). More depends on what you want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    DKs and Warriors SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK as a solo PvP class because their healing depends on outside sources. They have no CDs to escape/reset fight. I'd actually venture to say that DKs are THE worst solo PvP class in the game. They have the worst mobility and their self healing sucks ass unless they can kill someone and get Succor for their DS.

I would never play DK as a solo PvP class. If you want to solo PvP, go for DH, Druid, or Rogue. Rets are also good since they can sustain themselves. Hell, DHs even have a PvP talent that lets them do like 15% more damage if they are alone.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

If you are interested in a more all-around spec that has more tools to deal with more situations, stick with ret. For me Frost DK is such a bare-bones spec in Legion that it feels like playing a level 20 character, and I had been maining one since Cataclysm.

Self heals aren't what they used to be for FDK. Not terrible but only really good for one big heal then your RP is shot and you are left having to build it up for dmg. We are slow.... really slow. They took asphyxiate away so the only stun we have is spec'd into and you have to land 4 ticks of remorseless winter in order for it to stun. Dmg is decent right now. I think both breath and oblit spec are working for people but you will probably want to go oblit so can burst more often. Artifact talents/passives make a HUGE impact of your dmg, defense and heals.

I am also leveling a warrior (haven't been on in a couple weeks or so... lvl 105) and he is a lot of fun as well. Has a little more leniency when it comes to the build compared to FDK. Self heals are almost non-existent. Have more mobility than FDK.

I think both are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    DKs and Warriors SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK as a solo PvP class because their healing depends on outside sources. They have no CDs to escape/reset fight. I'd actually venture to say that DKs are THE worst solo PvP class in the game. They have the worst mobility and their self healing sucks ass unless they can kill someone and get Succor for their DS.

I would never play DK as a solo PvP class. If you want to solo PvP, go for DH, Druid, or Rogue. Rets are also good since they can sustain themselves. Hell, DHs even have a PvP talent that lets them do like 15% more damage if they are alone.
    erm, maybe start to play a dk, dk heals are far superior of that of a rogue for example, check pvp templates they change everything. There are better, more reliable heals around, but rogue heals are only second to "arms heals" and do not mean anything, you are dead without your def cds.

when a talent like soothing darkness only heals for 20% of the original value in pvp, even wpvp, then you notice something is wrong. HP reduction also does not work well and stealth breaks for no reasion with preperation for another stealth pruned since friggin legion came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Might add solo is only a thing for disc, druid specs, ww monks and rets. anything else is just a compromise.

If you want pure solo pvp, id go with Ret, Ret has just more ways out of stuns/slows/and yes oh fuck bubble when big burst inc, only frost mages give Rets a hard time, rest is either doable 50/50 or easy.

However, if you will decide go to Rated pvp, FDK is hands down better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

Ret has worse or at best equal mobility to DKs, and DKs have better snares/an actual gap closer... Death strike can sustain just as well as FoL/JV can.

Ret will only be better in world PvP where we are hilariously imbalanced, in even random BGs frost DKs will be a better choice as gripping anyone into your team will nearly always result in that person getting wrecked.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-11-30 at 03:50 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.