Poll: Do you still enjoy dungeons?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How does the community feel about Dungeons after 3 months?

On a personal level I've been doing dungeons since the release of this expansion and I can't stand getting in one of them anymore. I am trying to avoid running anything even M+ as much as possible. This is due to me burning down myself and running them too many times doing boosting groups etc.

I'd like to see what the rest of the people have to say? Are they bored of the dungeons that are out there atm due to burn out or they keep finding them ok or even enjoying them.

Karazhan is Excluded from this poll, I do find kara still kind of enjoyable and I don't feel am burned to it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Karazhan is Excluded from this poll, I do find kara still kind of enjoyable and I don't feel am burned to it atm.
    You basically explained your problem.
    Its natural you'll get tired/bored of something you've been doing so many times. You arent burned of kara, cause its still fresh and you can only do it once a week.

Im still enjoying them. Im doing one random hc for ap, sometimes a wq and max 3 mythic+.

i have not enjoyed dungeons for years. i don't like how much of a rush people make to get to the end.

I enjoy them. I think Mythic+ needs a cap on how many you can do per week. Like 5 would be good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sick to death of them. It usually took way longer for me to get really burned out on dungeons, but running them over and over again for mythic+, I can't fucking stand it anymore.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Mythic+s is probably the best feature ever implemented in WoW. Dungeons stay fresh, relevant and challenging for a lot longer, and i can't wait for new modifiers, higher levels, better loot.

I just feel like it's actually punishing to run anything other than Maw of Souls (faster clear, highest yield of loot\ap). AP should scale with number of bosses defeated, or something like that.

Challenge modes were as exciting, yet turned obsolete really fast (except for realm bests and bragging rights), whilst Mythic+s are on the way to staying relevant the entire expansion span.

Awesome-sauce, really.

Also, modifiers turn the entire dungeons on their head. Some are way harder on Fortified, others on Tyrannical, some are trivial with Bolstering, others turn into hell with Teeming. Yes, some turn annoying, and Volcanic is a bitch for some classes, but it's all part of the fun. Again, best feature ever implemented in WoW (after raids, ok).
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2016-11-27 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by High Marshal Sigismund View Post
    I enjoy them. I think Mythic+ needs a cap on how many you can do per week. Like 5 would be good.
    completely agree with you on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The hardcore crowd has completely burned themselves out on Mythic+. But honestly, who cares about them?
    Indeed. Their doesnt need to be a cap. You dont need to limit them. These people just need self control.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Marshal Sigismund View Post
    Terrible. Just terrible. Here you can implement your own cap. Watch this. Next week after reset. Only do 5 for the entire week. You just set your own cap! GRATS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because obviously people cannot limit themselves.
    Thats fine. It does not make it an issue you have to design around. Those people should theraputic help.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I'm no fan of doing them over and over all expantion long. The Legion system is probably bad for the game. People will burn out much faster than in previous expantions.

I liked the Cata system better - HC was hard but once you were done, you were done.
    A few tabards for the rep grind made it so you did them a few weeks, maybe months extra for that crap. That was fine with me.

I am enjoying them still. That said I do not play every week and despite that I still get into PuG mythic groups unlike the BS complaints over requirements. While Kara is fun I am just not that interested in it to run it for long. I ran it for over a year for fun even while progressing in T6. I want new post launch dungeon content and not rehashes. I doubt the one upcoming one is going to cut it.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-11-27 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    I like the concept of M+, despise the loot system.
    - Cap the max +ilvl an item can get.
    - Increase the amount of items dropped from first chest by 1 / affix. ( so at 10 if you 3 chest it is 5, 2, 2)

I can't shake the feeling that luck is the main determining factor in this game at what loot you can get. It kills my morale when the best item (by far) my group comes across in 35 dungeon is won by the least performing member of the team.

I'd rather do harder dungeons and wipe more than farm the trivial content hoping I'm going to get lucky this time.

As some one that ran dungeons endlessly, ran all the base Ms and then when + came out made an effort to run them constantly... I had run each different mythic TONS of times, and ultimately am at the point where my enjoyment of them comes purely from my friend circle that I do them with.

Deleted
    I'm not a big fan of the dungeons Legion launched with, but I'm extremely satisfied with Karazhan.

Nothing to do with running them on M+ or anything; I just feel like where Karazhan was filled with bosses that had meaningful and fun mechanics, a vast majority of the base dungeon bosses have plain and boring mechanics that did fuck all. There's a few decent bosses though. It's mixed I guess. I love VoTW, CoS and Arcway to a extent. Every other dungeon is just kind of boring.

Deleted
    Feel the same I did at launch, and what I thought before launch. Mythic+ just feels like a grind, no sense of accomplishment when pushing higher ones.

On a personal level I've been doing dungeons since the release of this expansion and I can't stand getting in one of them anymore. I am trying to avoid running anything even M+ as much as possible. This is due to me burning down myself and running them too many times doing boosting groups etc.

I'd like to see what the rest of the people have to say? Are they bored of the dungeons that are out there atm due to burn out or they keep finding them ok or even enjoying them.

im enjoying them still but since im bored with them i simply nearly stoped doin them at this point besides on newly leveld alts for wq gear quests.

kara is only exeption - it think its nice dungeon but i find it compelte waste of time with how shitty loot it droped compared to its difficulty .

mythic + is imo best thing that happened this expansion .

People might be less burned to M+ if they restricted the loot when you farm the same difficulty over and over.

You can farm indefinitely for legendaries like that, it's no wonder people got sick of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    completely agree with you on this.
    Ye, people with lots of time shouldt be allowed to farm, just so ppl who play 3h a week dosnt feel that they are "left behind"

/s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because obviously people cannot limit themselves.

But all it will achieve to limit them is threads popping up like "Blizzard, don't limit my dungeon runs, worst thing evah"

Also "I have to do them" really? Playing game is now your new job? What is wrong with people? You burn yourself out on your hobby?
    I think they should be limited per week in loot (not ap or ability to run them though) simply because they have killed any sense of gear progression in raids (and everything else), killed the pool of players moving into raids, and fucked the balance up pretty hard. Now they either have to tune around everyone in the guild running them 24/7, thus making them mandatory for raiding and killing any semi-casual guild, or tune without them in mind and make it pushover easy for anyone who has run them at all.

I do still enjoy them but I can understand how some people are feeling burned out. Blizzard has a really bad habit of swinging to extremes to fix past problems. They do it with different types of content in every expansion and I think this expansions extreme are the way dungeons are handled, particularly mythic plus and the RUSH mentality.

I really miss when dungeons were an experience and it wasn't about rushing through to the end of the dungeon as fast as possible and being as efficient as possible for the sake of farming gear. I don't think there's any way to fix that anymore though. The way the game is played has changed drastically over the years and more so than ever it's all about how quickly and efficiently you can acquire gear.

The focus has sort of changed from where originally it was the journey that you played for and experienced with friends to more of a race to reach end game and obtain the best gear possible.

I enjoy both modes of game play but I feel like if I want to experience more of a "journey" I'll just have to play other games to get that sort of feel from a game.