Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They should never fully scale the zones from 1-100 that would make no sense at all.
    Do it in brackets, a group of zones for 1-20, 20-40 & 40-60. Outland 60-70, Northrend 70-80 and so on for the respective xpacs. And rotate world quests in them every week (or day) at max level, like one week for example Kalimdor WQ's or Northrend WQ's so you have a reason to go back out into the old world.
    Last edited by Varjo410; 2016-11-28 at 12:13 AM.

Deleted
    Easy: scale everything up to the maxlevel of previous expansion, so in Legion everything outside of the Broken Isles would scale from 1-100, not to 110. This way you can still go back and destroy everything while letting people who level up enjoy the zones fully without having to leave one third the way in because they leveled up. This way players are still "forced" to go into Legion zones and not skip everything. Tho i would prefer to be able to do that so i can lvl to 110 and then do all the class order all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    I get that, but do you enjoy doing 5 quests with heirloom and then outlevel the zone?
    Obviously exaggerated but you get the point.
    I enjoy the story much more and having each zone be a starting point, it takes away from a truly flowing narrative. I will still do the zone if its grey if im enjoying the story.

Plus I can't use heirlooms in the new zones anyways

I hope they won't, but if they do, I hope they'll make it optional, akin to fate level syncing in FFXIV. Mandatory zone scaling killed ESO for me.

I have no desire to "struggle" in low-lvl zones, if I go there to farm something as fast as I can, I've completed all the content there, when it's current. Moreover, if everything is scaled to your level, there's no point in having levels anymore.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-11-28 at 12:36 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I would rather they not. It'd be better if they scaled them within the range of their own expansion. So, 'Vanilla' zones would scale only up to 60, BC zones up to 70, etcetera.

Why? Because then we can always come back and roflstomp something, a feature that would go away if the whole world scaled.

Either that or an option to turn on/off scaling.

Deleted
    I certainly hope they don't fuck over the old world any more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I dont believe they will. Simply due to the fact of early in the expansion feedback of people not overly enjoying the lack of power progression i.e you cant outlvl content, all you can do is *eventually* outgear it (sort of).

This attitude may have changed since the first 2 months of the xpac, but then, the threads on things kinda die fast these days and legiondaries very rapidly became the rage issue du jour.
    I think that Ion said in an interview, that they saw level scaling as a huge succes and that they will proberly be looking to implement it in other areas. With enough limitations, it could very well work in the old world. Maybe making it so that zones only scale-up and not down, maybe to expansion max, so Vanilla zones would all be 1-60, TBC 60-70 etc etc. It would make power progression work when you return to an old zone as a max lvl player.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I dont believe they will. Simply due to the fact of early in the expansion feedback of people not overly enjoying the lack of power progression i.e you cant outlvl content, all you can do is *eventually* outgear it (sort of).

This attitude may have changed since the first 2 months of the xpac, but then, the threads on things kinda die fast these days and legiondaries very rapidly became the rage issue du jour.
    i'm 880+ and i can mass pull everything and oneshot half of the broken isles with a single barrage, so yes there is a power progression.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    i'm 880+ and i can mass pull everything and oneshot half of the broken isles with a single barrage, so yes there is a power progression.
    by ilvl not player level.
    which is the issue people complained about.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Not to 100, but rather to the level cap for that expansion. Such as the barrens would be 60, outland would be 70, borean tundra would be 80, and so on.

Deleted
    All those people who complained about not being able to roflstomp content: get good and learn to play. This means that old world will suddently be relevant again and having high-level players grouping with lower level players to do leveling together is so much better than being forced apart because of arbitrary levels. I've witnessed this first-hand in SWTOR and it was a godsend, the entire world became alive and full of people in all the zones, you could find groups to do content at any level and area because the characters playing there were all of disparate levels but able to do it regardless. Seriously: l2p. Your incoveniences are inconsequential to the enormous advantages level scaling brings, specifically Legion's NPC/quest/loot scaling to the player level. SWTOR did it slightly differently with the same result.

I don't know but I would enjoy instanced world quests in the old zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    i dont understand. i mean what is the difference if you do a quest at level 101 or at level 108?
    ...Sequence. The story didn't follow one linear path, it was 5 separate stories that were all related but not directly connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Not to 100, but rather to the level cap for that expansion. Such as the barrens would be 60, outland would be 70, borean tundra would be 80, and so on.
    that would be fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    ...Sequence. The story didn't follow one linear path, it was 5 separate stories that were all related but not directly connected.
    And that's different from previous expansions how? They didn't do that before, either.

I would love to see zone scaling across the entire game, but it would need to be handled properly. I agree with some things that others have brought up, such as level capping zones based on their expansions, but I would prefer it if instead of reaching a ceiling, it had a "floor" instead. What I mean is that I would be ok with all vanilla zones scaling up to 100, but BC/WOTLK/etc, wouldn't start below their expansion minimums.

I would also strongly prefer to be able to turn scaling off and on. Sometimes I just want to plow through things when I'm farming or trying to obtain transmog gear. I know that scaling the enemies would be very doable, but how would gear work in this kind of scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I hope they won't, but if they do, I hope they'll make it optional, akin to fate level syncing in FFXIV. Mandatory zone scaling killed ESO for me.

I have no desire to "struggle" in low-lvl zones, if I go there to farm something as fast as I can, I've completed all the content there, when it's current. Moreover, if everything is scaled to your level, there's no point in having levels anymore.
    They can easily rectify this by adding level caps to each zone. Starter areas can cap out at level 15, for instance. All the quests/mobs there would only go as high as 15 regardless of your level beyond that.

Same with the bottom end. You have to be a particular level to do quests in a particular zone. But the important part is that it levels with you as you go through the threshold, and the quests remain meaningful as you level through the zone. No mish-mash of different level quests as you go through the zone.

But I agree that there should be level ranges for stuff. It gives a tad bit of meaning to levels to do that, so I feel thresholds are the best middle ground
    Last edited by Nize; 2016-11-28 at 01:15 AM.

Hopefully, never.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    i dont understand. i mean what is the difference if you do a quest at level 101 or at level 108?
    what he means is the zones dont have a clear path to what order you do them in, where older zones sorta did
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I enjoyed the scaling tech to a point but I think the story suffered by being very disjointed and didn't flow very well zone to zone. I prefer a linear zone scaling but thats just me.
    Legion suffered because it originally had zone progression and they changed it mid development. I think, had Blizzard started development with the scaling idea in mind, it would have been much better.

Zone always feel sorta disjointed to me anyway, it seems like each zone generally has its own little story, and that sometimes subtracts from the main game story. In WoD, why would all the Warlords suddenly run to different parts of the continent and essentially wait to be attacked a defeated?