Corrupted Ashbringer yellow recolor bug?

Greetings, fellow paladins. First of all I googled "corrupted ashbringer yellow skin bug" and there is nothing on the topic so I can be the first to find it.
    Yesterday I finished 1000 honor kills achievement with the protection hidden artifact to get the yellow version of it. (u get the Cyan version in the chest after Withered army training). To my surprise - the yellow version of Corrupted Ashbringer was available after i switched to Retribution. Just in case - I am working on original green skin as well - currently on a stage that involves killing a Vile slime. So ofc I am happy and frightened at the same time. The joy of having a bad ass skin comes with fear that I ll get banned or they will fix it. /discuss

edit: works for holy hidden skin as well.
    Last edited by Useful; 2016-11-29 at 07:35 AM.

If you unlock a hidden color on one you get it for all def not a bug .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
    If you unlock a hidden color on one you get it for all def not a bug .
    Yes and no.

Unlocking hidden variations by doing quests, dungeons or honor kills, is not a bug. It is intended that you only have to do it once and unlock on all artifacts for that character.

Being able to use them on artifacts that you do not own the original hidden skin for, is indeed a bug.

Anyhow - the protection skin is much easier to obtain - so we can legitimately use this "feature" until the clarification from Blizz or just a silent fix.