Deleted

Did anyone try brewmaster in pvp?

I know pvp sucks, blablabla and tanks are not real tanks in pvp I know...lets stay positive shall we?

So my question is, did anyone try the brewmaster in pvp with the talents? I've seen the honor talents, some of them are pretty damn fun (ox kick, massive breath of fire) or useful (the nimble brew to distribute trinkets to people?hell yeah) or having guard back. Just like prot warrior honor talents, the support type of gameplay looks more interesting than the average bursty dps specs.

The only tank spec which seems "meh" is the guardian druid, at least the talents are not very sexy. Blood DK is weird too.

I've been playing around with in in BGs (not arena). It sucks for one simple reason: no damage. We do have some fun talents, like Ox Kick and Guided Meditation. Explosive Keg can be amusing as well when you drop it on the five melee training your healer. Double Barrel is nice, although the cooldown is too long and it's sort of a ghetto version of Heavy-Handed Strikes with longer range. We're fairly tanky - borderline invincible with a healer - but since you're not going to be killing anyone all that durability isn't worth much.

There are some positive changes coming in 7.1.5. Hot Trub might actually be decent in combination with Elusive Dance or BoC. Special Delivery really needs to track the target though; this is a problem even in PvE where it will shoot off to the farthest possible enemy and often miss them completely. Unfortunately the ox and RJW suck shit in PvP so we're stuck with it for now.

Anyways, it's fun to fuck around with in casual PvP, especially since everyone mindlessly tunnels you since they think you're a Windwalker, but I wouldn't take the spec very seriously.

Yep, it's awful.

We don't have the survivability through self sustain that other tanks enjoy. Anyone competent will leapfrog your 35% and drop you and we don't have damage. Like at all.

Deleted
    Is there a tank spec that actually deals damage in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Is there a tank spec that actually deals damage in pvp?
    Prot pallies. They also do a shitload of damage in PvE interestingly enough. Regardless, Blizzard really screwed the pooch with attempting to introduce tanks into PvP; I'm not sure why they even bothered given how useless most of them are for anything that isn't flag carrying or other gimmicky bullshit.

I've played Druid and Monk Tank in PvP.

The Druid played like I expected a Tank in pvp. He did okish aoe damage on flag zergs and was good in 1v1 to defend a flag. He can take a lot of damage, but for carrying a flag I would rather take a resto druid with bear affinity. A tank druid with heal affinity can be played in 2v2 arena for some time.

With my brewmaster I had to do a lot of experimenting till I started being useful. I found myself doing just 2 things.
    The one thing is carrying the flag in pub games. It was really fun because of all the talents that remove slow and makes us run faster. Also we keep the flag when using the teleport what is really nice. When running away just spam expel harm and see how far you can carry a flag in pub where most people don't know what stuns are.
    In bgs where you don't have to carry a flag I would suggest you play him like any other damage dealer. Without blackout combo there isn't much we can do in bg, but with it and tiger palm we can get really annoying. (still nothing in comparison to a windwalker burst, but with boc it's enough damage to have some fun in bgs)
    I think in pvp we do more damage than other tanks, but we aren't really tanky what is stupid, but thats how the brewmaster played for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, almost prestige 2 playing exclusively BrM in PvP - random battlegrounds only though. I feel fine. A few specs can give me trouble but generally I'm very hard to kill and my damage output, while weak, is still enough to batter people down. Playing tank in PvP is different to DPS - you have to always think from a teamwork perspective.

You won't solo anyone who has decent heals, so instead focus on being as annoying as possible. Troll the flag points to try and prevent anyone on the enemy team from capturing it. Try to make yourself seem more threatening than you are - when the enemy team is focused on you it's doing your squishier allies a favour. The fact that other healer's healing on you that procs Celestial Fortitude counts as your own healing on the scoreboard is a good thing. It pads you out on the meters to such a crazy extent that it's easy to drastically top healing done as a BrM, which does have the effect of making some enemies mistake you for a healer and focus you - EXACTLY what you want when the name of the game is to distract the big hits away from your allies.

We're particularly strong for flag carrying - maybe not as mobile as DH - but Transcendence allows some pretty nifty FC tricks. Putting a teleport point on the roof of the WSG flag room is a good example, jump down and if they follow you down, teleport back up, bam, you're safe again. If you're running with Ox Kick and they left one or two people up top to anticipate your tricks, you can try and knock them down. I have personally held the flag alone for a long time by just screwing with the enemy using this method.

When Fortifying Brew is popped you gain absuuuuurd survivability and can survive a full-on gank for a good amount of time. Although the ability has a stupidly long CD, there are times when this is very useful. Next patch we're getting some changes to Guard enabling it to provide better support to teammates in a radius.

Yeah the damage kind of sucks but that's not what PvP tanking is about. You have to focus 99% on objectives, trying to piss of enemies enough to attack you (since taunt doesn't work for obvious reasons!) and try to keep the enemies distracted. If you're with no allies around and 5 enemies are ganking your ass, it's still a good situation to be in, because 5 of their team are busy fighting just 1 guy on your team, making it easier for everyone else.
    Last edited by Will; 2016-11-30 at 07:11 PM.