Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    I've been gone from the game for a couple of months now (left at the end of october). I come here just to keep up with the blue posts or patch notes now. When I left I had just picked up my second legendary (played a warlock, had the portal pants and then the demo shoulders). The pants were useless, other than as a gimped version of blink....which I used to keep up with the party in dungeons, since we have zero passive speed increase. Came in real handy for Vault. Once I picked up the shoulders, I realized something...something that has been the utter bane of balance in this game, what confounded spells and rotations and output for dps....

Tier bonuses, except they put those on ONE PIECE AND LET US WEAR MULTIPLE PIECES.....AND ALSO BE ABLE TO PICK UP AND WEAR TIER GEAR

And I don't mean the old school tier, (i.e x% to an ability or attack) I mean those that radically changed your rotation and output. The bonuses that had synergy with trinkets (or just became outright nuts with trinkets). Now, they opened the damn pandora's box. Think of what is going to happen come NH? 4 piece bonuses, while harnessing 2 legendaries (perhaps BiS as well) AND Trinkets....plus the artifact? You though classes were broken before....just wait for that insanity.

And you know...I personally would be fine with that....if they (Blizzard) would just up and give up on the same, tired formula this game employs; dungeons, raids, PvP endgame content. If there was something, anything that was dynamic to ALL of these things I just mentioned, then, yea, the product feels fresh and unique. Who cares what x/y/z has or doesn't has, we have this rare fight or dungeon or boss or objective to defeat, and we have to do it together. The usual formula they employ breeds disdain for those that have good gear or unique gear, or are just overpowered, because endgame instanced content isn't about the challenge; it's about showing off in an controlled environment. Great job Blizzard, you created this upcoming outrage. Not the players, or the elitists, or the casuals....you, and you alone.

So yell and complain and let them have it in about a month, they deserve it. Me though...oh i'm just going to do what i've been doing, enjoying this that isn't the slog WoW has become.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i got my third legendary back in mid october. clear mythic EN every week and run mythic+'s almost everyday, still haven't seen a fourth hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    i got my third legendary back in mid october. clear mythic EN every week and run mythic+'s almost everyday, still haven't seen a fourth hehe
    I saw my 2nd legendary 3 weeks ago..

I saw my 4th today <.<
    RNG is RNG, and it currently hates you and loves me

Apparently cerli got 6th legendary....and color me shocked it was prydaz. Add another prydaz in our guild as well 10 mins ago.

At this point i know at least 20 ppl that got the same legendary out of a 100 legendaries pool?? and it was prydaz lol.

And all that in a week period of time.

I fully expect them to increase the drop chances considerably after 7.1.5, otherwise its pointless to add 2 new legendaries per class/spec, no one will ever drop them.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Apparently cerli got 6th legendary....and color me shocked it was prydaz. Add another prydaz in our guild as well 10 mins ago.

At this point i know at least 20 ppl that got the same legendary out of a 100 legendaries pool?? and it was prydaz lol.

And all that in a week period of time.
    Im safe cause I already got prydaz kkkk. I can still drop Sephuz tough... and the garbage feint legs (I am a rogue)

Personally I'm suspecting that M+ in some way doesn't fully factor into your bad luck protection, so spamming M+ only gets you more of the base chances to loot a legendary. Why? Because we have a guild full of M+ farmers (I'm talking all people who have 800 M+ by now, 20 of them), and a lot of regulars who only come for raiding (about 5 of those) and push 2 or 3 M+ a week for the weekly chest, and all of us are basically on par in terms of legendary items and have gotten them at similar times. The ones of us who have been spamming M+ since the start have not gotten them much faster than the ones who only come online for raiding. By now, practically everyone has four, nobody has a fifth. I know this could just be RNG, but from other people reporting similar things, I'm thinking that Blizz put in some prevention for M+ to add to your bad luck protection. Maybe to prevent exactly this legendary farming.

That, or the value that is added to the bad luck protection for M+ is really low regardless of difficulty and the reason we've gotten them all at the same time is that the value that gets added from heroic and mythic boss kills outweighs the M+ farming to a ridiculous degree. Just for reference, we are all pushing +7 to +9 with 1 tank-3dd setups (fighter chow etc, it's a lot, lot, lot faster than pushing with a healer). We don't do many +10 and above (except for when we're paid for it or for our weekly chest).

Quote Originally Posted by demonyaa View Post
    Because he certainly raids. Having 4 or 5 legendaries is moot point, only two legendary matter: the top DPS ones. (note that I am not saying you need BiS legendaries to get high dps parses like certain people claim).

EDIT: but for people who min max, not having BiS legendaries is effectively playing with a gimped character.
    I clarified my comment down the thread, it was referring to the fact that lifting the soft cap doesn't mean a guarantee on the next 4 legendaries immediately after the hotfix. The OP accused blizzard of being intentionally dishonest without studying the BLP system or putting in enough time.
    Since this thread had been created many people ( even some guildies of mine) have received their 5th and 6th legendaries, which the OP insists is not possible at all.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-12-27 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    yes you can explain how its theoreticaly possible for cerli not to receive 5th leg after 2k m+ runs? so if 6k chests dont inflate chances for cerli up to the sky then you and all your friends and everybody you know can go and jump from the roof with your 200-300 runs. we talk here about blp and not about possibility to loot legs due to rng. nobody cares if blp increase chance to loot from 1% to 1.5% after 2k runs. it means nothing. it means nothing even for cerli who do thouthand runs and it means exactly nothing for others who can do only 1/10 of cerli. every sinle person who just check top m+ farmers who do x10 leg eligible content as common even hardcore player and see that they have exactly same 4-6 legs as everybody understand that blp dont exist at all.
    1 Player is not a valid sample size, for Cerli who has 5 or 6 legendaries atm with a huge amount of 3 chesting done, there is also probably atleast one very lucky casual player with less then a 100 M+ done that has 5-6 legendaries atm. To be sure that BLP does not work you will need sample sizes of 1000's of players that do the same amount of 3 chesting as Cerli if all of them are averaging 4 legendaries with only a few having 5 or 6 you could very well argue that BLP is not working, or not working correctly or that BLP is working but diminishing returns on the drop chance are jus to high (which is another rumor that goes around). But up until that point you cannot state it as a fact, it will just be speculation.

Mind you, i'm not saying that BLP does work correctly, only that one player be it either Cerli who seems rather unlucky, or the one lucky casual that already has 6 is not enough proof to state that something is working or is not working these can well be outliers unless more factual data is presented.

People bitching about not getting their 5th legendary can go jump off a tall cliff riding a hawkstrider mount.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Mind you, i'm not saying that BLP does work correctly, only that one player be it either Cerli who seems rather unlucky, or the one lucky casual that already has 6 is not enough proof to state that something is working or is not working these can well be outliers unless more factual data is presented.
    1 players is enough to understand that even 2k m+ runs dont give you anything due to blp system. so ordinary player who can do 200 runs in month perspective will receive 1/10 of what receive cerli due to blp system. its clear that 1/10 of some small number that dont affect anything is nothing and you can be 100% sure that you can loot legendary only due to rng system not blp. you think that if 1% drop chance will raise to 1.5% due to blp its working blp? i think its broken. working blp when 1% raises to 10% after 200 runs. but even on 1 example we can 100% see that its not so. and we don care if its 1% to 1.5% for 6k chests or 1% to 1.6%. both cases is broken to non existence blp.

and with this "fix" they introduce a bigger problem. now even 3th or 4th leg is a problem for new chars. in the past before fix you can faceroll all 4 legs in 400-500 runs. so if you dont like your legs it takes 3 weeks to level new char and take all 4 again. now is different story. seems they turn off blp even for 3th leg and after.
    Last edited by ztn; 2016-12-27 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People bitching about not getting their 5th legendary can go jump off a tall cliff riding a hawkstrider mount.
    congrats, you join the ranks of bottom tier iq 20 retards who complain about other people complaining when those people have probably 10x the amount of content run compared to you.

post count correlates inversely with intelligence on this forum. I'm dead serious. the best and well thought out posts seem to come from people who have less than 1k posts. imbeciles like this guy always show up with a ridiculous post count.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-12-28 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    1 players is enough to understand that even 2k m+ runs dont give you anything due to blp system. so ordinary player who can do 200 runs in month perspective will receive 1/10 of what receive cerli due to blp system. its clear that 1/10 of some small number that dont affect anything is nothing and you can be 100% sure that you can loot legendary only due to rng system not blp. you think that if 1% drop chance will raise to 1.5% due to blp its working blp? i think its broken. working blp when 1% raises to 10% after 200 runs. but even on 1 example we can 100% see that its not so. and we don care if its 1% to 1.5% for 6k chests or 1% to 1.6%. both cases is broken to non existence blp.

and with this "fix" they introduce a bigger problem. now even 3th or 4th leg is a problem for new chars. in the past before fix you can faceroll all 4 legs in 400-500 runs. so if you dont like your legs it takes 3 weeks to level new char and take all 4 again. now is different story. seems they turn off blp even for 3th leg and after.
    400-500 runs? lol? Is that a joke?.

Want me to link u toons with less that 15 runs and anywhere from 2 to 3 legendaries? I have a case of a 19 hours played at 110 with 2 legendaries.
    No, at this point new 110 get legendaries so fast thats unreal.

Deleted
    I think legendaries are more tied to time more than content done, i have 5 on my mage but 2 of them got it when the suposed bug at the start of the expansion after that i got like 1 legen per month, while on my alt that i only do the emisary have 3 that also got them 1 each month except september where i just leveled him up and left it aside until october. This i also noticed whitin my guild whit ppl that just log in to do the emisary and raid where they all have 3 to 4 legen and not farming m+ hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    congrats, you join the ranks of bottom tier iq 20 retards who complain about other people complaining when those people have probably 10x the amount of content run compared to you.

post count correlates inversely with intelligence on this forum. I'm dead serious. the best and well thought out posts seem to come from people who have less than 1k posts. imbeciles like this guy always show up with a ridiculous post count.
    ... Your post wasn't very well thought out nor intelligent seeing as how you don't even understand the concept of RNG, and just throw childish insults in your little triggered tantrum. I'm not complaining though, because in doing so you are proving in a most hilarious fashion that your point about post-count having some sort of say in the quality of a member's posts is the only retarded contribution here. .

Stay triggered, for whatever reason... Probably to up your post-count seeing as how you put such value into that crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solidgear View Post
    I think legendaries are more tied to time more than content done, i have 5 on my mage but 2 of them got it when the suposed bug at the start of the expansion after that i got like 1 legen per month, while on my alt that i only do the emisary have 3 that also got them 1 each month except september where i just leveled him up and left it aside until october. This i also noticed whitin my guild whit ppl that just log in to do the emisary and raid where they all have 3 to 4 legen and not farming m+ hardcore.
    It's down to RNG, plain and simple. People playing 8 hours per day since the start of the expansion doing raids and Mythic+ dungeons non-stop can sit with 1 or NO legendaries while weekend warriors doing 3 mythic dungeons a week can sit with 3+ legendaries.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-12-28 at 01:12 AM.

Is there a player with 40 days played time, with hundreds of dungeons runs, mythic raids, wq, etc with one or none legendaries?

Id like to see one.

the amount of salt in this commented just killed me bruh

... Your post wasn't very well thought out nor intelligent seeing as how you don't even understand the concept of RNG, and just throw childish insults in your little triggered tantrum. I'm not complaining though, because in doing so you are proving in a most hilarious fashion that your point about post-count having some sort of say in the quality of a member's posts is the only retarded contribution here. .

Stay triggered, for whatever reason... Probably to up your post-count seeing as how you put such value into that crap.

- - - Updated - - -

It's down to RNG, plain and simple. People playing 8 hours per day since the start of the expansion doing raids and Mythic+ dungeons non-stop can sit with 1 or NO legendaries while weekend warriors doing 3 mythic dungeons a week can sit with 3+ legendaries.
    There's no one who plays that much and have only 1 or 0 legendary, bad luck protection still fairly strong on low legendary counts. Can you link even just 1 example?

To jump into this thread, I have not received a legendary since mid October (which was Legendary #4). I do think that Blizzard stealth adjusted the amount of bad luck protection (BLP) gained from running M+ at some point (possibly when AP rewards from +2's were tweaked in early-to-mid October). in late September/early-October, I was observing in my guild one legendary for every ~40 3-chest M+ dungeons done (back when 3-chesting +2's was all the rage). Now, it seems like M+ dungeons don't move the needle a ton when it comes to legendaries. The only player with 5 legendaries in my guild has run 62 M+ dungeons *total*

As a final note, If you have a lot of angst towards M+ farmers / people with more legendaries than you, please do not post. This topic is meant for unraveling and exposing a horrible game-system where there's been a complete lack of transparency and communication.
    Kazz - GM of <Legacy Reborn> on Area 52

10+ Year Old Account
    :'( I got zero legendaries, i been playing since Legion came out when i was 8 y/o and im now 45 y/o years old, pls halp!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm near 800 M+ now and I still have 4. My last legendary was from M+ a little over a month ago when I had done just over 400 M+. I already have my two BiS, so I don't really care, and honestly am hoping that I don't get one until 7.1.5 so I can snag the new BiS one. Or well, have a chance at it anyways.

My data is only my own. Of the three people who have 5 legendary items in my guild, 2 of them have done about 100 less M+ than I, and the other has only done 200 M+ total. All of us clear heroic, normal and the mythic bosses we have on farm/progress on every week as well. Each also does emissary every single day. The only anomaly in that scenario is the one who has done like 200, but I'd just assume he's on the incredibly lucky scale.

Personally I felt like I was pretty average as far as work put in to acquire legendary items, except for this fifth one which seems to have alluded me for quite some time. For reference I got my fourth like a couple days before they supposedly lifted the 'soft cap' over a month ago.

Honestly I just might be on the unlucky side of the bell curve, that or M+ past a certain amount of legendary items doesn't move the needle (as far as bad luck protection) nearly as much as it does with lower amounts of a legendary items acquired.

At least they are bringing the power down overall of legendary items. It seems (again anecdotal) fresh characters get 2-3 legendary items pretty quickly at this point, for the effort that you have to put in. This kind of system, with the power of legendary items kind of encourages you to roll a bunch of characters to see what you get, then decide whether or not you want to keep them lol. I'm okay with them increasing the chance for the first one, but it's kinda silly if you do indeed get punished on somebody who does legendary producing content and hitting incredibly heavy DR.