Resto Druid . Ill'Gynoth (eye) Mythic Discussion

So my guild just came on this boss ( slowly and steady on mythic haha ) Would like to know the best talents for the hard aoe moment or generally for all the fight the talents that you picked or i should pick based on my legendaries and stats / trinkets .

I have Wrist and Belt Legendary , so i usually run with Prosperity and SoTF to make the most out of it and since our tank healing is not that powerful
    Stats :
    Crit : 18% , Haste : 21% , mastery : 20%, versa : 8% , Intellect : 35500

Trinkets :
    Most of the time i run with Heightened Senses (870) or Huge Roggstone (860 , 1353 int and 968 haste ) and always with Unstable Arcanocrystal (860)
    i have also Cocoon 890 , nether anti-toxin 860 , chrono shard 850

Was thinking Prosperity , SotF , maybe Spring Blossom ? and Flourish . im trying to hot around 10 ppl before the aoe part of the fight and wild growth with SoTF , flourish into a Tranq on the aoe .
    The current set up we go is 2x Resto druids , Paladin , Holy Priest , and monk
    And the paladin is doing quite all the heal in that moment with around 700k hps and i barely going to 350k with the rest lower ,
    We aint dying to that moment always but sometimes we are , but i would like to maximize the hps on that fight

Deleted
    Sotf and prosperity is quite an out dated talent setup for mythic, definitely use cultivation and cenarion ward for all fights in mythic. You have the bracers so getting an extended cenarion ward on the tank is extremely powerful. Take inner peace, that way you can tranq when you blow lots of blobs up at the start of p1, and again near the end of p1 and itll be back for the next mass blob explosion.

Other than that its a pretty standard fight, usual rules apply. Try and hot as many as feasible before aoe comes in, use flourish and essence on wild growths and just chuck rejuvs on people getting chunked by the eye through the fight, let classes with better instant healing do the bulk of thst healing so you dont oom yourself.

Deleted
    Rdruids suck on Il'gynoth.

When my raidteam was doing Il'gynoth, I was close to always bottom healer. This because; We have 2x resto shamans, with link and tide they got up to sometimes around 1,5 mil HPS with me just sitting around 400-500k with tranq. Besides that, we had a paladin healer, who could snipe all the spiky dmg from the eye and the different types of adds. Basically, your only chance to shrine is with Inner peace, the 2 min tranq, and using it when other healers don't have healing CDs, and your team decides to do maybe 2 or 3 blobs. Also when soaking flowers + killing blobs, you can be doing a bit of healing, but else it can be quite a hard fight to do much HPS as a rdruid.

Take balance affinity and dps the shit out of the heart and tentacles. Really not much we can do in terms of healing, other cds are better suited for the blob explosion and the damage pattern sucks for us.

Deleted
    Your raiders are doing something heavily wrong if you need more than 300k HPS per healer.
    Your best spec on il'gynoth is CW, guardian affinity, cultivation, inner peace and flourish.
    My first kill on il'gynoth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=6

like i said we aint doing something wrong or that we need more hps or something . I said i just want to maximize my hps on this fight .

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

was a pretty good fight for me. you can take a look if you want. ( messed up with Essence of G'Hanir tho )

You are misunderstanding what makes the bracers so OP - is not having two swiftmends. It's the fact that the bracers give you 10 extra seconds of cenarian ward, which is OP AF. Even without the bracers your go to build for mythic raiding should be ward and cultivation. Cultivation is insane. If you try cultivation in heroic do not be misguided as it will heal less in fights where people do not dip below 60% (heroic) but rest assured in mythic it will blow your heals out of the water. It's another free hot to interact with your mastery on targets that NEED healed, so it's perfect and it's low overheal (unlike prosperity and soft which can result in a lot of WG overheal).

As for inner peace or spring blossom. I almost always take inner peace and hate spring blossom. But for me on this fight spring blossom was INSANELY powerful as you keep mushroom up on the same spot the entire time and it's always throwing the extra hot on people.

I only have two kills, one with inner peace and one with blossom. Granted the inner peace one I did poorly for a variety of reasons. I also could have tranqed an additional time. But, for both pulls tranq did ~ 39 mill. Spring blossom did 11 mill healing. I ranked 90th percentile with blossom, 37th with inner peace (but again I did bad that pull for other reasons as well). And the two people above who posted inner peace logs both have less tranq healing than my tranqs with spring blossom, whic to me says the extra tranq is mostly overheal/unneeded and blossom is best.

My logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...873&metric=hps

Even without inner peace you can still have tranq up for both 8 blob explosions. I didn't really see any other huge damage moment so inpreferred having the consistent walks of spring blossom. Both are great.

Moral of this post - take ward and cult. I prefer spring blossom but inner peace is always OP (but I recommend blossom).

- - - Updated - - -

Also resto druid is awesome on this fight, I don't have problems competing for the top. I was the top healer for both our kills, competing against a holy priest, holy pally, mistweaver, and resto shaman.

Also as someone else mentioned if you have any healers doing more than 350k your team is taking unnecessary damage and you are likely stacking the blob dots when you need to let them run out before killing the next.
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2016-11-30 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    You are misunderstanding what makes the bracers so OP - is not having two swiftmends. It's the fact that the bracers give you 10 extra seconds of cenarian ward, which is OP AF. Even without the bracers your go to build for mythic raiding should be ward and cultivation. Cultivation is insane. If you try cultivation in heroic do not be misguided as it will heal less in fights where people do not dip below 60% (heroic) but rest assured in mythic it will blow your heals out of the water. It's another free hot to interact with your mastery on targets that NEED healed, so it's perfect and it's low overheal (unlike prosperity and soft which can result in a lot of WG overheal).

As for inner peace or spring blossom. I almost always take inner peace and hate spring blossom. But for me on this fight spring blossom was INSANELY powerful as you keep mushroom up on the same spot the entire time and it's always throwing the extra hot on people.

I only have two kills, one with inner peace and one with blossom. Granted the inner peace one I did poorly for a variety of reasons. I also could have tranqed an additional time. But, for both pulls tranq did ~ 39 mill. Spring blossom did 11 mill healing. I ranked 90th percentile with blossom, 37th with inner peace (but again I did bad that pull for other reasons as well). And the two people above who posted inner peace logs both have less tranq healing than my tranqs with spring blossom, whic to me says the extra tranq is mostly overheal/unneeded and blossom is best.

My logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...873&metric=hps

Even without inner peace you can still have tranq up for both 8 blob explosions. I didn't really see any other huge damage moment so inpreferred having the consistent walks of spring blossom. Both are great.

Moral of this post - take ward and cult. I prefer spring blossom but inner peace is always OP (but I recommend blossom).

- - - Updated - - -

Also resto druid is awesome on this fight, I don't have problems competing for the top. I was the top healer for both our kills, competing against a holy priest, holy pally, mistweaver, and resto shaman.

Also as someone else mentioned if you have any healers doing more than 350k your team is taking unnecessary damage and you are likely stacking the blob dots when you need to let them run out before killing the next.
    I do agree with you, that Spring Blossom could probably do overall more than 1 additional tranq, but if you look at how to heal with how to do the most HPS, you are doing it wrong. It is not about having the highest HPS, it is about keeping your group alive. If your group accidently kills 3 blobs at the same time or kills a couple blobs same time as the flower soaking, you're going to want that extra tranq to keep them up.

Quote Originally Posted by seba2632 View Post
    I do agree with you, that Spring Blossom could probably do overall more than 1 additional tranq, but if you look at how to heal with how to do the most HPS, you are doing it wrong. It is not about having the highest HPS, it is about keeping your group alive. If your group accidently kills 3 blobs at the same time or kills a couple blobs same time as the flower soaking, you're going to want that extra tranq to keep them up.
    If your team kills 3 blobs at the same time you deserve to wipe And with this logic you should also be taking tree... which please never do. The fight is a long one and healers go oom, so again playing devils advocate, you are more helpful to your team with the consistent mana free spells rolling the entire fight. We kept healing tide for emergencies.

If you are picking talents based on the fear that your team will mess up I just don't agree with it. There's not room for error in mythic raiding. If healing isn't an issue though sure go tranq for the emergency to save your raid, but realize what I just said, compared to three logs of inner peace my NON inner peace tranq was still higher overall healing for our tranqs combined plus I had the 11 mill free healing (not even counting the extra hot mastery buff to all my other spells).

In this fight because of the length consistency > emergency (as no emergencies should be needed).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    If your team kills 3 blobs at the same time you deserve to wipe And with this logic you should also be taking tree... which please never do. The fight is a long one and healers go oom, so again playing devils advocate, you are more helpful to your team with the consistent mana free spells rolling the entire fight. We kept healing tide for emergencies.

If you are picking talents based on the fear that your team will mess up I just don't agree with it. There's not room for error in mythic raiding. If healing isn't an issue though sure go tranq for the emergency to save your raid, but realize what I just said, compared to three logs of inner peace my NON inner peace tranq was still higher overall healing for our tranqs combined plus I had the 11 mill free healing (not even counting the extra hot mastery buff to all my other spells).

In this fight because of the length consistency > emergency (as no emergencies should be needed).
    Agreed. 100%. There shouldn't be any emergencies, but there is. They are progressing, if they could do the fight 100% without any struggles, I'm sure he wouldn't be sitting here asking for tips. A great deal in my guild, which is the only experience I can talk of, was people cleaving blobs by mistake - mage ignite for example - causing the raid to take lots of damage. Also sometimes we'd use my tranq to proc a couple blobs together, so we could deal with the mass faster.

Ok thanks a lot for the tip to tell you the truth i never tried cultivation even though i have lots of 95th ranks as resto on wod and mop , the guild i am now needs me as boomie and after i ranked 97th on dragons the asked me to heal EyE also and was just wondering on some more in depths of the fights with our talents . Thanks a lot for the tips i will totally try those talents out @Broccoliz , cause the highest i healed its only mythic 15 and 5 man vs 20man its totally different . I hope this post will help some more people !

Hey,

had some difficulties with the fight in the beginning, healsetup is very important depending on your strat. We decided to stack all CDs to kill the first 8 blobs at the same time (You really need Spiritlink for that). The fight gets insanely harder when someone messes up soaking deathblossoms or you get 3-4 stacks without having HealCDs ready.

For me as a druid the most important part was mana. Keeping up your healing for ~10min not going oom was very challenging, of course you could always add another healer since its not a damage encounter per se, but thats not fun

As for talents, I choose: CW, Guardian(very nice for corruption), Cult, IP and Flourish. If you tranq on CD you can get 4 (call when you have like ~15sec CD so the next 2 blobs can be killed together).

At the time (our second kill) that was a world rank 2 resto druid log, you can use that for reference for a fight that went not that smooth

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing

Cheers
    RestoSpirit