Deleted

Raid Tanks + your opinion

Hello,
    I'm just interested in what tanks people rank for raids at the moment.
    What tanks would (if they were raid leading) people prefer to take and which not so much? Are there any that you would flat out refuse to take?
    I understand there are advantages to each and that tanks can do all content ok. I'm just interested in peoples opinions.
    Thanks

Best Druid, they have perma mitigate, they have SOO much health and take increased healing.

Worst: I'd say DH and or Monk for raiding. The DH only really has Demon Spikes which has a lot of downtime and requires you to stack mastery, and from what I remember playing my alt DH some time ago you wanted haste/vers.

Most tanks has their own role, but druid right now is so good that it's not a big problem to bring 2, or bring 1 druid 1 pali.

10+ Year Old Account
    The following is my personal opinion:

Ranking:
    1. Druid
    2. Warrior
    3. Paladin
    4. Death knight
    5. Demon hunter
    6. Monk

I don't refuse any tank while raid leading, at the moment we are running with a DK and a paladin which is fine.
    We aren't pushing for world first or anything, so any class is viable.
    http://www.theincrement.enjin.com
    Alliance - EU - Tarren Mill
    Progress:1/7 Mythic Emerald + 2/3 Normal Tov
    Recruiting:Exceptional recruits are always welcome!

Blood tanks are hilarious,

Our MT pulls of ridiculous self heals, quite often in mythic dungeons out healing the healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

Our MT pulls of ridiculous self heals, quite often in mythic dungeons out healing the healer.
    Then he gets oneshot by coup de grace.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

nope they control that mob to use that ability against them for perma stun

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

Blood tanks are great for M+. Not so much for raids.

Raids are still dominated by Bears / Wars / Pally.

As someone who's been tanking (Bear / DK / War) since Karazhan 1.0, I found it very interesting when a blue posted about how they were surprised in the perception that Monks were at the bottom of the tanking ladder. He said they are very good, but have a higher skill requirement than other classes, he even went so far as to say that mechanically they could survive some things that would kill other tanks. Since then I've incorporated Monk's in my alt Kara / H-EN runs and M+ runs, and I've been impressed a few times. Maybe with better representation they'd be a bit higher, but we all know about how mob mentality / FOTM / perception rules.

Deleted
    None that i'd just refuse. If i were to chose 2 i'd take a druid & paladin simply because of the HP & general undyingness of the druid and all the utility a pala brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    As someone who's been tanking (Bear / DK / War) since Karazhan 1.0, I found it very interesting when a blue posted about how they were surprised in the perception that Monks were at the bottom of the tanking ladder. He said they are very good, but have a higher skill requirement than other classes, he even went so far as to say that mechanically they could survive some things that would kill other tanks. Since then I've incorporated Monk's in my alt Kara / H-EN runs and M+ runs, and I've been impressed a few times. Maybe with better representation they'd be a bit higher, but we all know about how mob mentality / FOTM / perception rules.
    It's something I've been trying to tell people all through beta - they can survive the most extreme damage. More htan warriors/bears. Warriors/bears are nicer to heal in general though and do better against 'realistic' damage from what we've seen so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now, i think that there are 3 tiers:

Warrior/Druid: Tier 1
    Paladin/DK: Tier 2
    Monk/DH: Tier 3

Even though they are in different tiers, i do think that all tanks are viable atm. I have atleast seen all 6 tanks participate in mythic raiding My favorite tanks is Warrior and Monk, since i believe movement is very important for tanks and survivability over a specific threshold comes 2nd. I have seen all kind of tanks fail and win greatly, so i would never refuse to take any tank in my raid groups. I have never seen a tank sign up with the right item lvl and think "Ohh a Demon hunter! Nah i will wait for a different tanks"

As a raid leader though, i think that Warrior is the best, since that class allows you to take small breaks from pressing important buttons and actually focus on the raid control.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Tanking progress since ds, i had 0 issues with survavibilty on any Tank since when. Any Tank can survive pretty much everything in a raid content, but in mythic+ ccs, utility and dmg are the things to look for. To rank tanks then i would go for :
    Paladin

Demonhunter
    Dk
    Warrior
    Druid
    Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Then he gets oneshot by coup de grace.
    Well no... no he doesn't otherwise I wouldn't of bothered posting it

Deleted
    Raid tanking i'd say:

Druid