Deleted

New server, one character, which professions?

Like the title says, I plan to make a character on a new server but am looking for advice about professions. I understand that server economy plays a part, as it always does when you look at things like prices and profit, but I'm looking for very general advice.

I was thinking of a vengeance demon hunter (if it's needed I'll level a DK to 70 first) with either herbalism / mining OR enchanting / herbalism or mining.

Which of these would be the most profitable? And what about the character being self sufficient in terms of not needing further alts for professions?

Thanks in advance for advice!

enchanting/herbing - more than enough to be self sufficient.

also make a lvl 100 class trial and you will be able to make a DH - then delete the trial. Save you leveling 12 levels on your dk

Well, if you are looking for self sufficient professions i would say enchanting + alchemy.
    It could sound strange to pick up alchemy without herbalism but nowdays we can trade Blood of Sargeras into herbs.
    After applying Boon of the Bloodhunter into your shoulder, you will be able to farm bloods more effectively.

If you are not convinced by that i would pick alchemy+herbalism. If you are going to do some M+ and raid regullary you will need more flasks/potions than changing enchants on gear.

Herblism and mining on the main. Start gathering, sell all the ore for the money and half the herbs.

In the mean time, slowly level a dk, take up Herbing and alch,

Make profits on alch come 110

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    enchanting/herbing - more than enough to be self sufficient.

also make a lvl 100 class trial and you will be able to make a DH - then delete the trial. Save you leveling 12 levels on your dk
    .... wish i had known this before rolling new alts on new server and getting DK to 68 to unlock DH ;;/ lol

but OT ya herb and enchant, pretty much your best bet

Enchanting/Tailoring I have always felt to be the "safe" profession combo. Items may not sell with a large price tag, but they will always sell. Bags especially true with this.

As for a pure profit profession for the purpose of making money... That'd depend on your Servers economy and population, I'd think. The 3 servers I play on, Alch/Herb are currently the most profitable, and always sell too.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

7+ Year Old Account
    Check the leather prices on your realm. I've made over 400k gold from Skinning alone in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagins View Post
    Well, if you are looking for self sufficient professions i would say enchanting + alchemy.
    It could sound strange to pick up alchemy without herbalism but nowdays we can trade Blood of Sargeras into herbs.
    After applying Boon of the Bloodhunter into your shoulder, you will be able to farm bloods more effectively.

If you are not convinced by that i would pick alchemy+herbalism. If you are going to do some M+ and raid regullary you will need more flasks/potions than changing enchants on gear.
    This is the correct answer. With the advent of the Blood of Sargeras trader, you'll get all the herbs you need and more just from that. Go Enchanting/Alchemy.

Deleted
    I've decided to go with enchanting / herbalism since I doubt I'll play the character frequently enough (only an alt and not on one of my main servers ), to make the blood of sargeras idea work with enchanting and alchemy. Thanks a lot for all the advice!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagins View Post

Thank you, since I started on a new server too this tipp came in handy :-)