Poll: Should Flag Burning Be Illegal?

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Right, those where "other people"..
    Nope, nope, every bad thing you see on the news was me, yup, you totally nailed it.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Nope, nope, every bad thing you see on the news was me, yup, you totally nailed it.
    You seem triggered over this cloth, i'll let you be angry in your own little corner. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    You seem triggered over this cloth, i'll let you be angry in your own little corner. Have fun!
    You're wrong.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who served in the US Army in two different conflicts for 6 months each. I am fully in support of a persons right to burn the flag. I am happy to see a person standing on a street corner waving a sign and being able to insult people who drive by at any given time.

If this was attempted in other parts of the world they would be drug off and shot in the head. So, as am American it makes me proud that they have the right to protest.

If a War drags on too long, I want the social conscious of the people to say, "It's been going on too long!" and I want the government to listen to the will of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    I bet you wouldn't say the same thing about burning Koran, would you? Even if you bought it yourself.
    I hadn't logged on for a week but didn't notice this gem. But actually, I'd still be completely OK with this. Because again, its their property. So I'm not sure what gymnastics you were indulging in when you thought I'd be opposed. The only scenario I can think of is if you walked into a Mosque with your copy of the Koran to burn, but really at that point are you not attempting to be an aggressor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
    I hadn't logged on for a week but didn't notice this gem. But actually, I'd still be completely OK with this. Because again, its their property. So I'm not sure what gymnastics you were indulging in when you thought I'd be opposed. The only scenario I can think of is if you walked into a Mosque with your copy of the Koran to burn, but really at that point are you not attempting to be an aggressor?
    But imagine how media like CNN, CBS or so would portray it. You know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Were you in the Military? No
    Are you from America? No

Then you wont realize the value of what that means to others.
    Everyone who served in the military should be against a flag-burning bill. Our nation's flag represents open rebellion to unjust authority and the freedoms our Constitution affords us; The MOST sacred of which is the freedom of speech, which protects all forms of peaceful demonstration, even flag-burning.

By burning our flag and being allowed to burn our flag, flag-burners are demonstrating the very virtues that flag represents.

True American patriots know that loving America is about supporting the ideals it was founded on. And the very first entry into our Bill of Rights, the document which foremost displays the ideals of our founders, guarantees people the right to burn their own U.S flags in peaceful protest.

So shush with that "I'm a patriot and I love the flag so burning it should be punished" crap. If you want flag-burning made illegal, you are no true American.
    ~RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    But imagine how media like CNN, CBS or so would portray it. You know the answer.
    Anyone can portray anything in any way they feel inclined if they put in enough effort. That doesn't change if its in the right or its purpose, it just changes how its perceived. Also I think its safe to say that CNN and CBS have created way more skeptics because of their latest coverage so while they would be nosy in pushing their propaganda you would have quite a few online outlets actually pushing to speak to the person and get quotes verbatim.

But even then, what would mass media outlets have to do with my belief or other's beliefs of whether or not burning a flag should be illegal? Media sensationalizes rape accusations too to the point where people become skeptical; do we suddenly take rape less seriously because of the actions of the media?

I don't understand how media spinning a story (when they've been proven to spin everything under the sun, and even the sun itself towards any direction they want for an article) should influence whether something is illegal or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Rest of the story
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/29...amendment.html

So the PINO wants to go back on the the 1st amendment and make flag burning illegal. A
    Yay or Nay?
    I have two sides.

Nay: For making a cloth 'holy' isn't healthy. How some countries treat their flags isn't healthy. As well, it is just a fracture of a symbol, the real symbol should be the people and country.

Yay: Because it can cause a danger. People could get burnt, smoke poisoning and the likes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I say anyone who dares burn our flag should be deported to Nigeria