Feeling annoyed, anyone else?

I play a havoc Demon Hunter and look at my self as a somewhat competitive person. I love clearing content and I always try to improve my self and continuously learn more about my class and how to utilize it as good as possible. I am clearing Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor every week (both normal and heroic) and I also do a few mythic+ every single day, I have had the +10 achievment for a while by now. However, I only have one legendary item, Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opu. I have soon unlocked the final trait in my artifact, the one that improves all damage by 5%.

The reason I am annoyed is because I am REALLY struggling to keep up with DPS in fights against people when most of them have two legendaries by now, and a lot of people only have ones that directly affect performance. How am I supposed to keep up when I only have one, and one that actually decreases my DPS compared to a epic item with item level 860? It just really annoys me that I cant perform as well as others when I am playing just as good as them, doing my rotation as it is ment to be done, following tactics and so on.. Purely because of my bad luck with legendaries. Is anyone else feeling like this? It honestly makes me just want to give up and spend my time elsewhere. I spend so much time on this game, but feel like I am not being rewarded for it at all, whilst some other people are spending half the time I am, and being much more rewarded.. Purely because of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicated View Post
    I play a havoc Demon Hunter and look at my self as a somewhat competitive person. I love clearing content and I always try to improve my self and continuously learn more about my class and how to utilize it as good as possible. I am clearing Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor every week (both normal and heroic) and I also do a few mythic+ every single day, I have had the +10 achievment for a while by now. However, I only have one legendary item, Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opu. I have soon unlocked the final trait in my artifact, the one that improves all damage by 5%.

The reason I am annoyed is because I am REALLY struggling to keep up with DPS in fights against people when most of them have two legendaries by now, and a lot of people only have ones that directly affect performance. How am I supposed to keep up when I only have one, and one that actually decreases my DPS compared to a epic item with item level 860? It just really annoys me that I cant perform as well as others when I am playing just as good as them, doing my rotation as it is ment to be done, following tactics and so on.. Purely because of my bad luck with legendaries. Is anyone else feeling like this? It honestly makes me just want to give up and spend my time elsewhere. I spend so much time on this game, but feel like I am not being rewarded for it at all, whilst some other people are spending half the time I am, and being much more rewarded.. Purely because of RNG.
    you are not - simple solution dont play with douchebags who will replace you because of meters - here solved it for you

Deleted

So you are going to be replaced in EN and ToV, Normal and Heroic, even if your group already obviously outgeared all four raids, because you don't do as much DPS as others? Honestly, that's a special kind of stupid.

That is not the problem, I am not being replaced and I dont play with douchebags. The problem is that I love competing and I love doing as good DPS as possible. But in this expansion, I am unable to do this, purely because of my RNG with legendaries even though I put just as much or more time in to the game than a lot of other people.

You went DH to be OP and your not live and learn

7+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna compete, do it only with other players of the same class. Otherwise all sorts of things needs to be factored in.

Deleted
    That is not the problem, I am not being replaced and I dont play with douchebags. The problem is that I love competing and I love doing as good DPS as possible. But in this expansion, I am unable to do this, purely because of my RNG with legendaries even though I put just as much or more time in to the game than a lot of other people.
    Who cares that you're not #1 in DPS now? You're clearing the raids you go, do decent enough damage in m+, so where is your problem? In a couple of weeks/months, you will have that dps legendary and then you will be higher in the meters than now.

You're not in a top 100 guild, it does not matter if you do 20 or 30k dps more or less. If you care so much about that #1 spot in the meters, then probably this game will frustrate you more than it will excite you.

why the maniacal focus on topping DPS chart? Is that why you play the game?

Did your group "compete" successfully and get through content? Did you help said group? was it fun ?

Were you "competing" against the content or the other players? If you feel you are competing against other players then maybe go play single shooter game, lots of good ones out there.
    Last edited by Thzz; 2016-12-02 at 01:31 PM.

Stop worrying about legendaries ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    You went DH to be OP and your not live and learn
    How do you draw a conclusion like that from what he wrote?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I'm not sure if this is your first expansion, but try replacing "legendaries" with that one weapon or trinket that was coveted in years past. It's an admittedly magnified version of the exact same issue and mentality. With all due respect to you, if you were competitive enough for any of this to matter then you'd have four legendaries already. I say this as a player with two; I'm not one of the people I'm referring to when I talk about real competition.

In my opinion, you should focus on having fun with the players in your group. If that means being top DPS then I'd recommend having a lot of alts and playing more than you do, because that's an unsustainable goal on a single character. If you're just looking to up your numbers because you'd like to improve, run more M+ dungeons and pray to the RNG gods for good fortune... it's the same song and dance as years past, only now there's an easier and more repeatable path to gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    How do you draw a conclusion like that from what he wrote?
    Because he is complaining about his dps and not topping the charts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Because he is complaining about his dps and not topping the charts
    "I can't perform as well as others" is not the same as "I'm not topping the charts."
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a legendary discussion megathread, and this exact topic has been discussed many, many times.