Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    even more worse! i thought there was!

and where do you see any reliable ST buff? good luck on getting the timing right in a real raid encounter...

If you take Patient Sniper and refresh Vulnerable before it drops off, would the damage buff keep stacking or reset?
    Last edited by Georgiimo; 2016-11-30 at 03:40 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They reset back to 115%. It's 100% + (15% * (7-Time remaining)).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    Aimed Shot - buffed to 300%
    Marked Shot - buffed to 450%
    Sidewinders - total focus nerfed to 35, vulnerable application reapplied (so overall nerf)
    Piercing Shot - nerfed to 1000% damage
    Sentinel - 2 aoe hunter marks in 20 sec, not sure if it'll be useful
    Multi-Shot - buffed to 75%

Overall I'd say buff with some minor nerfs.
    You miss the fact that Piercing shot now also have his damage increased against targets with vulnerability.Technically its buffed by around 50%.That thing will hit like train if its stays like this in live because its not only will benefit by vulnerability but if i`m not mistaken our mastery also have effect over there.The goal of devs here was to break that insane OP combo SW/PS who i also hate so much.I like the change in Aimed shot where its hits 100% more if you havent damaged your target
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-11-30 at 04:54 AM.

I wonder if it will be now more viable to play a pure instant build with minimal RNG using LW, BA, Crows, PS and Piercing while dropping hard casted AiS

10+ Year Old Account
    Has someone tried out MM's damage in a PvP instance? On live your only options are barrage and SW+MS, AiS is hardly worth casting (130k crits during vulnerable). Do the PTR changes have any effect? Do you notice any improved damage there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Add to this that they caved and let Sidewinders apply Vulnerable again with this build, and I'd be *extremely* surprised if Sidewinder doesn't stay the best choice for both single target and AOE.
    So they fixed the "obligatory" talents by them still being the best in every situation. Also I think you missed the Barrage ST nerf in your numbers.
    Last edited by Senel; 2016-11-30 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    is mastery still the 1st stat? the thing that scare me more is re-farming all the gear, honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Add to this that they caved and let Sidewinders apply Vulnerable again with this build, and I'd be *extremely* surprised if Sidewinder doesn't stay the best choice for both single target and AOE.
    I really hope not, with the reduced focus regen on sidewinders it plays like absolute arse, the standing around doing f**k all is so much worse than it is on live

So they allowed Sidewinders to again apply Vulnerable, instead of fixing Vulnerable itself.

Sidewinders will still be the best choice overall. Full-time Vulnerable, doubling AiS damage. This "fix" just made it a little worse for AoE, but it's still powerful in ST.

And no changes to Trick Shot? That talent will be garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    So they allowed Sidewinders to again apply Vulnerable, instead of fixing Vulnerable itself.

Sidewinders will still be the best choice overall. Full-time Vulnerable, doubling AiS damage. This "fix" just made it a little worse for AoE, but it's still powerful in ST.

And no changes to Trick Shot? That talent will be garbage.
    Actually i wonder with Multishot and aimed shot boost if combo of Trick shot and multi shot will be better then SW.

Also SW generate less focus. on Aoe u get that focus from 3 multishots back without CD. and aimed is hiting all the targets. and on ST u ofc go arcane shot and Trick shot is boosting Aimed shot dmg by 15% because there are no other targets)

+ do Wind arrows hit only primary target when dmging with aimed shot or also it hits those targets which are hit by Trick shot?
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2016-11-30 at 09:33 AM.

I've tried to calculate some of the damage values of mm abilties from the ptr:
    my math:

aimed shot:

vuln: 215k+100%= 430K
    vuln+crit: (215k+100%)+113%= 915K

patSnip(low): 215k+115%= 462K
    patSnip(low)+crit: (215k+115%)+113%= 984K

patSnip(high): 215k+190%= 623K
    patSnip(high)+crit (215k+190%)+113%= 1326K

base+crit: 641k+100%= 1282K

vuln: 641K+100%= 1282K
    vuln+crit: (641K+100%)+100%= 2564K

patSnip(low): 641K+115%= 1378K
    patSnip(low)+crit: (641K+115%)+100%= 2756K

patSnip(high): 641K+190%= 1858K
    patSnip(high)+crit (641K+190%)+100%= 3717K

base: 317K
    base+crit: 317K+100% 634K

(Note: these values will be reduced by armor since they all do physical damage)
    (Note: aimed shot's crit multiplier is 113% because of the Deadly Aim artifact trait)
    (Note: The deadly Aim artifact trait only increases damage by 10% but I have a relic pushing that to 13%)

I will start calculating the damage number's on live and compare where our dps is buffed and nerfed
    I would appreciate if some one would double check my math please.
    Last edited by WurWur; 2016-11-30 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WurWur View Post
    I've tried to calculate some of the damage values of mm abilties from the ptr:

Piercing shot(max focus):
    patSnip(high)+crit (641K+190%)+100%= 3717K

welcome to M+ aoe zerg

Deleted
    Are locks/sp's/fire mages getting their aoe nerfed to shit as well? Even if they slightly buff our Single Target, we will be woefully behind other ST classes, and now even further behind on fights that favour aoe (Helya notwithstanding)

Barrage may be overtaken by Murder of Crows if you can reliably reset the cd of it.
    Murder of Crows is by far the best single target talent available now. doing 400+K more damage over the same duration.

My Math:
    Murder of Crows:

Barrage:

1 Target: 1086x1 =1086K
    2 Target: 1086x2 =2172K
    3 Target: 1086x3 =3258K

Don't forget that crows is also a lot cheaper than barrage, and that focus would go into aimed shot.

It's also worth noting that Marked Shot's damage has been increased to 450% Physical Damage(from 250%).
    This is done to compensate for Marked Shot not benefiting from vulnerable anymore(It is a overall nerf because vulnerable would've pushed Marked Shot's damage
    to 500% Physical Damage).

However this makes Side Winders less of a nesecity and makes Piercing Shot(that has also been significantly buffed) alot more viable.
    There is also the Multi-shot buff that could fill in the missing damage from the Marked Shot nerf.

Concluding that these changes may make MM alot better at AOE.
    Only way to confirm this is with simulations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Don't forget that crows is also a lot cheaper than barrage, and that focus would go into aimed shot.
    It's worth noting that barrage synergizes amazingly with the Bullseye Golden Artifact Trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    so from what I'm reading we can go crows+piercing instead of barrage+sidewinders increasing ST dmg without losing too much on Cleave dmg and avoiding bad pulls, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Actually i wonder with Multishot and aimed shot boost if combo of Trick shot and multi shot will be better then SW.
    Take into consideration that Multishot deals dmg to targets 8y near the main target. It's not as potentially spread as SW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saulburn View Post
    Take into consideration that Multishot deals dmg to targets 8y near the main target. It's not as potentially spread as SW.
    its not. but in M+ all the trash is on tank so its no problem.