Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Trump Launches Tweet Attack on Carrier Steel Union Boss.

Trump is now attacking the leader of blue collar union workers by name. This is reckless. He's already receiving death threats.

Get off Twitter, shut your mouth, and get to work.
    And before people ask, no, a POTUS should not attack personally (and give orders to the agitprop teams to send pictures of guns) a random citizen who expressed doubt about his policies.

Even if it's your lord and savior Trump and even if Alex Jones gave you the order to hate this guy, it's unbecoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    And before people ask, no, a POTUS should not attack personally (and give orders to the agitprop teams to send pictures of guns) a random citizen who expressed doubt about his policies.

Even if it's your lord and savior Trump and even if Alex Jones gave you the order to hate this guy, it's unbecoming.
    He's also attacking the actual steel workers indirectly:

"If United Steelworkers 1999 was any good, they would have kept those jobs in Indiana."

I mean, what the fuck? If the workers were better, they'd have kept the jobs in Indiana. What kind of populist movement is this?
    Eat yo vegetables

Is the tax break for all companies that meet the criteria or just carrier?

Ah, yes, another pet peeve, if only those lazy unions would accept manly and virile conditions, like being paid minimal wages without health assurance !

I mean, the Chinese cheat, so let's pay our workers less than them THEN complain that migrants ''steal our jobs''

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He is saying if the union was any good, not the workers themselves. Reading comprehension sucks on these forums.
    Unions are made up of workers...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, yes, another pet peeve, if only those lazy unions would accept manly and virile conditions, like being paid minimal wages without health assurance !

I mean, the Chinese cheat, so let's pay our workers less than them THEN complain that migrants ''steal our jobs''
    cheat? either you accept less pay or you do not. Chinese accept less pay

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    Unions are made up of workers...

- - - Updated - - -

cheat? either you accept less pay or you do not. Chinese accept less pay
    Yeah, I'm sure people who took as gospel ''bring back our jobs'' realized it meant ''be paid like a Chinese unskilled worker''

Yeah, I'm sure people who took as gospel ''bring back our jobs'' realized it meant ''be paid like a Chinese unskilled worker''
    If they don't fight for more, it will mean that, yes

Trump Launches Tweet Attack on Carrier Steel Union Boss.

Trump is now attacking the leader of blue collar union workers by name. This is reckless. He's already receiving death threats.

Get off Twitter, shut your mouth, and get to work.
    I notice that article conveniently leaves out the tweets that started the argument, (Why do I need a "journalist" to paraphrase a tweet for me?) they shape the narrative and then bring up totally irrelevant stories about Trump to pile on.

I guess I'm not going to bother googling to figure out what the story minus the biased reporting is, because it already seems to be no story at all.

It doesn't matter how they fight, in the end it will mean no job for them as automation takes over.

- - - Updated - - -

Unions are made up of workers, yes. Saying a union is bad isn't the same as saying the workers are bad though. Reading comprehension is hard.
    the only way a union can be bad is if the workers let/allow/ensure it to be bad...

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So the OP should have instead stated:

"So there you have it Ford and now Carrier Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and has already screwed over his voters and making them regret their vote in 20 days as president elect than Obama has in 8 years as president to keep low paying manufacturing jobs here in the US"

the only way a union can be bad is if the workers let/allow/ensure it to be bad...
    A select number of individuals run the union, it isn't a hive mind. My understanding is that they typically aren't democratically run either; seniority is what matters. That's some negative incentive for results.

If they don't fight for more, it will mean that, yes
    That's true.

What if they fight for more and don't get it? What if people unite and organize to get more and still get nothing? What happens when people unite for a common goal that will help them progress their lives in a positive way? What if those people meet resistance?

What happens when people say "I have nothing to lose"? In China, those people get stepped on by a big communist boot. Until people are willing to do whatever it takes to change a corrupt and broken system, that system will remain corrupt and broken.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    That's true.

What if they fight for more and don't get it? What if people unite and organize to get more and still get nothing? What happens when people unite for a common goal that will help them progress their lives in a positive way? What if those people meet resistance?

What happens when people say "I have nothing to lose"? In China, those people get stepped on by a big communist boot. Until people are willing to do whatever it takes to change a corrupt and broken system, that system will remain corrupt and broken.
    Hey but isn't Trump supposed to fix the broken system? That's what he was voted into office for right? We have to wait and see!

10+ Year Old Account
    He is saying if the union was any good, not the workers themselves. Reading comprehension sucks on these forums.
    Indeed reading comprehension does suck.

He attacked the steel workers indirectly. If Trump was only talking about the Union leaders, he would have named Chuck Jones. He leaves it ambiguous. He used the term "United Steelworkers 1999." And that group is comprised of, get this, steel workers.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by gimmemo View Post
    So the OP should have instead stated:

"So there you have it Ford and now Carrier Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and has already screwed over his voters and making them regret their vote in 20 days as president elect than Obama has in 8 years as president to keep low paying manufacturing jobs here in the US"
    Carrier salaries are anywhere from 50-200% of the national average. Some of them are low paying, but hardly all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I notice that article conveniently leaves out the tweets that started the argument, (Why do I need a "journalist" to paraphrase a tweet for me?) they shape the narrative and then bring up totally irrelevant stories about Trump to pile on.

I guess I'm not going to bother googling to figure out what the story minus the biased reporting is, because it already seems to be no story at all.
    They've already done stories on the Tweets leading up to this altercation. And they lay the groundwork within the story itself. "Jones said Trump tried to take credit for 350 research and development jobs that were already planned to remain in Indiana." etc.

It's all right there, in black and white. Not difficult to decipher.
    Eat yo vegetables

They've already done stories on the Tweets leading up to this altercation. And they lay the groundwork within the story itself. "Jones said Trump tried to take credit for 350 research and development jobs that were already planned to remain in Indiana." etc.

It's all right there, in black and white. Not difficult to decipher.
    Again, why do I need a supposed journalist interpreting tweets for me? 400 characters too long, he needed to abbreviate it for me? Or for you?

To me that indicates a strong likelihood that they're taking some liberties with the conversation. Why the fuck does a third party need to narrate a twitter spat for me? What possible benefit could such a thing hold? Only adding their own personal bias and twist on the conversation.

Again, why do I need a supposed journalist interpreting tweets for me? 400 characters too long, he needed to abbreviate it for me? Or for you?

To me that indicates a strong likelihood that they're taking some liberties with the conversation. Why the fuck does a third party need to narrate a twitter spat for me? What possible benefit could such a thing hold? Only adding their own personal bias and twist on the conversation.
    Do you find it normal for the POTUS to pick a fight with a random US citizen who disagree with him ?

10+ Year Old Account

No one is asking you to read this one article and make up your mind on the subject. Do your own research. Read the Tweets for yourself if you're interested. And if after doing so, you find something to be misleading, let's discuss it.
    Eat yo vegetables

Do you find it normal for the POTUS to pick a fight with a random US citizen who disagree with him ?
    normal doesn't matter - does it need changing is what matters