Deleted

Unorthodox and Clean Rdruid UI (work in progress) :)

I´ve been working on my UI since legion start, remaking it weekly and I finally go to the point where I like my UI.
    So I figured I´d share my "project" in case someone else needs some inspiration

As I said in the title it looks abit unorthodox however the WA´s are great.
    Some examples:
    Innervate-> shows a green circle in the center off my char if I am below 90% mana.
    Redshroom shows up if there is no shroom down, dispell only shows if dispell is on CD.
    Everything is very colorful and very relaxing to keep track on mid fight ^.^

x3 Pictures
    http://imgur.com/a/2DwFB

The UI is based around a clean look, especially when you are not in combat. The "5" and "Q" within the stars is for me to learn their keybinds faster they´ll look like the other side when I am used to em.
    I got my inspiration from Refute´s WA (Rdruid from Limit-US).
    You can find the base on his stream by typing !wa

Addons used:
    WeakAuras2= almost the entire UI.
    Quartz=Castbar,gcd,focuscastbar
    Shadowedunitframes= unitframes
    Plater = enemy nameplates
    OmniCC= CD numbers on icons
    TellMeWhen= The addon next to dmg/healing meter
    Raidframes= I use standard raidframes with (BigDebuffs)+(RaidframeIndicators) the addons allow me to add x6 hots and increase the size off debuffs.

Even if nobody likes the UI I had to show it off since I like it myself so much :P

I think when out of combat this UI looks fine. In combat the use of all that screen real-estate would bug the ever living crap out of me.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I think when out of combat this UI looks fine. In combat the use of all that screen real-estate would bug the ever living crap out of me.
    :P like I said I assumed not everyone would like it.
    But to be fair, the only thing you see on the UI that wont be used on CD, is the stars.
    Everything else is always on CD, so it is not all that messy ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbycow View Post
    :P like I said I assumed not everyone would like it.
    But to be fair, the only thing you see on the UI that wont be used on CD, is the stars.
    Everything else is always on CD, so it is not all that messy ^.^
    Hey I'm all for designing what works for you. You should see my original UI. I loved it when I made it but since then looking back it makes my eyes twitch. let me dig out a screenshot haha
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I could never use that I'm glad it works for you though.

Actually looks a lot like the auras I setup: various rings and character-centered effects with minimal Icons. It's basically incomprehensible if you didn't setup the aura, but it makes me happy :P

I might borrow the Shroom positioning, and expand your stars into my own auras. I've been fiddling with that positioning for a bit, but wasn't quite happy with the results. Might give it another try now, the stars look like a pretty neat solution.

Parts of it seem more suited for DPS than healing. The large, easily clickable enemy health bars, for example. Seeing HPS/DPS during a fight is also rather pointless. I personally prefer to hide that and the map during combat.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    I am sorry, but this realy isn't clean ui. Your middle of the screen is way too full. All those auras prevent you from seeing your own character. Your target and focus frames are also huge. You don't need that as a healer. You have a lot of unused space at the bottom, move everything down there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spxy View Post
    I am sorry, but this realy isn't clean ui. Your middle of the screen is way too full. All those auras prevent you from seeing your own character. Your target and focus frames are also huge. You don't need that as a healer. You have a lot of unused space at the bottom, move everything down there.
    I agree. Also why do you have the player frame in the top left corner? In order to make it more appealing and "clean" I would suggest having 1 font for everything and install some better looking icons. And as Alltat pointed out you can hide healing/dmg done during the fights. You can also hide the chatbox. Another thing you can do is play around with the positioning of the minimap. This is more to achieve a minimalistic look (as you have out of combat) - a clean UI isn't exactly the same as a minimalistic UI.

You don't use BW or DBM? Would also suggest getting an addon for your raidframes in order to customize them to fit with your other frame. And what is the 100% bar between your target and focus frame? Your hp?

Everything comes down to personal preference though . And the most important thing is that YOU are happy with it!

Oh, 1 more thing! Please always add an in-combat screenshot of the UI!
    Last edited by mmoc1ec8e0a79f; 2016-12-01 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spxy View Post
    ^.^ let me start off with the center off the screen. The green icon is never visible for more than a few seconds since when you see it you use the ability (innervate). The x3 closest WA´s all move around the character in a circle, Cenarion Ward (when not used), Lifebloom(when not up), (Archdruid when it proccs) they are all supposed to be used instantly. So unless you play the class incorrectly, those x4 WA´s are never up for more than 1-2 seconds ea . They are just around the char so you can instantly react when they pop up.

Everything above the char is only shown if the ability is not active / if dispell is on CD (the icon is shown for 10 sec max). So.. all you see "constantly" or for a long period during the fight is the blue and pink star (ironbark,tranq). Since the remaining WA´s are Essence + Flourish + WG and swiftmend (all spells you often have on CD)..

The nameplates are idd made for dps. As a Rdruid and playing m+ a lot, I find myself averaging ~200k dps total dmg in almost every dung without using potions.
    I did a dht9 last night and my total avg dps was 228k, yes as a rdruid (no pots used) only int flask.
    Since my dmg is very much based on my dots uptime I find it very useful to have visible nameplates and big debuff icons

But like I said, I assumed my UI would get hated on tihi, the 100% bar below char is for mana, I do use DBM.

It could probably be a lot cleaner, using skill icons instead of random icons as well would help that. Also the position of your player/target/focus is just weird. Having your player frame top left is a sin as it is, but having the target frame where the player frame should be is just wtf-worthy.

Tubbycow, I think that if the UI works for you, in a way that you instantly see what abilities you can use while in combat, then it's a fantastic UI.

Have you got WA export string? Might give it a go myself.