Page 1 of 2
LastLast

dsi exl or 2ds? Questions inside

how much time can you keep playing with dsi exl?

how much time can you keep playing with 2ds?

how much time does it take to charge dsi exl?

how much time does it take to charge 2ds?

which one has the best battery quality?

which one endures more external damage?

I want to keep playing alot of time without too much focus on the game , is dsi exl better for me?

2DS. Dsi XL does not play 3DS games if you do not have any. 2DS is a cheaper version of the 3DS without the 3D

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    2DS. Dsi XL does not play 3DS games if you do not have any. 2DS is a cheaper version of the 3DS without the 3D but looks like shit
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    It plays 3ds and previous stuff just fine for a better value. Also I thought the stereoscopic 3D thing looked like ass but that's just my opinion. And if you meant aesthetics. Then who cares as long as it plays your games? My 3DS died on me recently so rather than pay more for the New 3DS XL I bought a 2DS that was cheaper. So I'll say it again. 2DS for 3DS and previous DS games. If you are gonna "fix" my statement at least fix it with a valid complaint.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-30 at 04:29 PM.

Why do you keep calling it "dsi exl" ? It's DSi XL, there is no E.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why do you keep calling it "dsi exl" ? It's DSi XL, there is no E.
    Yeah I don't get that either. DSi XL. That's it.

Extra Xtra large?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The DSi XL has been discontinued for 4 years almost.

- - - Updated - - -

It plays 3ds and previous stuff just fine for a better value. Also I thought the stereoscopic 3D thing looked like ass but that's just my opinion. And if you meant aesthetics. Then who cares as long as it plays your games? My 3DS died on me recently so rather than pay more for the New 3DS XL I bought a 2DS that was cheaper. So I'll say it again. 2DS for 3DS and previous DS games. If you are gonna "fix" my statement at least fix it with a valid complaint.
    It doesn't fold up, making screen breakage all the more likely. Clam shell design > bulky non foldable so it can't fit in your pocket

The DSi XL has been discontinued for 4 years almost.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't fold up, making screen breakage all the more likely. Clam shell design > bulky non foldable so it can't fit in your pocket
    Fit's in my jacket pocket just fine. It's a cheaper alternative to a 3DS/New 3DS and just as portable despite the basic design. So again if you wanna save yourself some money and do everything a 3DS can do except the garbage 3D then buy a 2DS.

Fit's in my jacket pocket just fine. It's a cheaper alternative to a 3DS/New 3DS and just as portable despite the basic design. So again if you wanna save yourself some money and do everything a 3DS can do except the garbage 3D then buy a 2DS.
    To add to this you can spend a little extra and get a "New" 3DS not XL. If you can still find them cheap anyway.

But ya if someone wants to play 3DS games depending on cost I would ether A) Get a 2DS "Most cheap" B) Get a "New" 3DS and make sure its the new brand or C) Get the "New" 3DS XL.

There is zero reasons to get a normal 3DS or 3DS XL unless you get like some games with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Honestly....go N3DS not 2DS.

N3DS has built-in circle pad pro, runs faster than previous models, and is just all around...better (even if the exclusives are lacking in number.)

A lot of games look better on it (Monster Hunter 4, for example, looks a LOT better on it though Generations is about the same) and load faster, and if you don't want the 3D....just turn it off.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Honestly....go N3DS not 2DS.

N3DS has built-in circle pad pro, runs faster than previous models, and is just all around...better (even if the exclusives are lacking in number.)

A lot of games look better on it (Monster Hunter 4, for example, looks a LOT better on it though Generations is about the same) and load faster, and if you don't want the 3D....just turn it off.
    I think the point is why get a 3DS if you're not going to use the 3D.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Look at every other feature I listed.

Games look crisper (some even show better textures), load faster, and it has a built in circle pad pro. The 2DS has 0 Circle Pad support, not even a traditional version can fit on that thing.

The N3DS is also a lot more portable, folds up and can fit in a pocket. 2DS....notsomuch.

And the games are good on the 3DS even without the 3D. 3D isn't required to make the games....good.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I've only ever used 3DS and N3DS. I'm not a good person to ask as I really do not like that console much at all and barely ever use mine. I've been seeing alot of people trading in their 3DS for the 2DS as they say it's more comfortable to hold than the 3DS.

If I was to get another console i'd go for the 2DS personally. I think the 3D aspect is a huge gimmick and I never use it and I also find the 3DS uncomfortable to hold for long gaming sessions, and the 2DS is cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm replacing every dsi reference with 3ds as the dsi is outdated and no longer in production
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    how much time can you keep playing with 3ds xl?
    3-5 old 3ds and 3-7 new 3ds

how much time can you keep playing with 2ds?
    3-5

how much time does it take to charge 3ds xl?
    3 hours give or take

how much time does it take to charge 2ds?
    same as above

which one has the best battery quality?
    probably the new 3ds xl as it has the longest run time of each console, however the 2ds does not have any power save functions while the 3ds does.

which one endures more external damage?
    3ds. Foldable design means your screens won't be scratched if you happen to drop it or whatever, both will be prone to damage on the screens if you drop it open.

I want to keep playing alot of time without too much focus on the game , is dsi exl better for me?
    I highly suggest paying the extra for a new 3ds xl. Not only do you have the extra battery life, you have the circle pad pro and extra shoulder buttons, and better processing power making some games run/look better. I know some people don't use the 3d function, but I enjoy it for some games, however this also kills the battery life faster.

Get a 2ds if you're on a really tight budget.
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3d...mparison_Chart

Stereo speakers instead of mono(without headphones), better hardware, whatever exclusives they have/will make, 3d if he decides to mess with it in game(s), folding, and larger screen for imo better viewing.

There are plenty of reasons to want a 3ds even if you aren't going to use the 3d function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at every other feature I listed.

Games look crisper (some even show better textures), load faster, and it has a built in circle pad pro. The 2DS has 0 Circle Pad support, not even a traditional version can fit on that thing.

The N3DS is also a lot more portable, folds up and can fit in a pocket. 2DS....notsomuch.

And the games are good on the 3DS even without the 3D. 3D isn't required to make the games....good.
    I know you listed the features But are those features worth it when the 2ds is $80 and the 3DS is $150? I mean if you're just trying to play some pokemon, why spend that much?

Is the image quality that much different? The 2DS is ugly but that's not something a person who is thinking about getting one cares about in the first place.

Im not saying your wrong or anything, but I get paying more in terms of what the OP asked.

Edit Fallen Angel answered the questions I had.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-12-01 at 10:12 PM.

I know you listed the features But are those features worth it when the 2ds is $80 and the 3DS is $150? I mean if you're just trying to play some pokemon, why spend that much?

Is the image quality that much different? The 2DS is ugly but that's not something a person who is thinking about getting one cares about in the first place.

Im not saying your wrong or anything, but I get paying more in terms of what the OP asked.

Edit Fallen Angel answered the questions I had.
    Yeah the resolution of the textures can be a lot different.

Very noticable in MH4 and Majoras Mask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the resolution of the textures can be a lot different.

Very noticable in MH4 and Majoras Mask.
    So like standard definition vs high definition? Gotcha.

So like standard definition vs high definition? Gotcha.
    Not QUITE SD vs HD more like upscaling of SD. The Resolution of the console itself is the SAME as the original but the original had to use lower resolution textures than its screen could actually output.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, almost forgot about this:

The N3DS has access to more virtual console games than the other 3DS's/2DS. It's the only model that supports SNES Virtual Console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you.
    It's a budget alternative. Given the price it's pretty reasonable it doesn't come with an IPS display like a lot of the New 3ds models, and have worse build quality.