Question New Resto Druid seeking UI advice, tips and Inspo

Hi Druids,

just looking to get some advice and inspiration regarding my UI and how it can improve. I'd love to see other resto's UI's; right now i am trying to focus on getting a little more real estate while optimizing frame clarity. I am using Elvui and Grid2

Some suggestions were to move my loot/trade into one chat frame; move my DPS/HPS to the bottom right, along with my map.

install XIV_databar and shadow and light elvui.

I really hate my Player frame in combination with my weak auras; i see some setups where people have them right underneath each other; additionally i wish i player frame had more info(%, X/Y)

Here is a ss cant link directly yet so please remove the spaces
    http:/ /imgur. com/a/UrYbJ

Your ui looks quite allright, and i have an addition to it which will help you a lot

http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=128

Addonskins is a plugin for elvui which will let you toy with your ui even more, including

Quote Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
    Some suggestions were to move my loot/trade into one chat frame; move my DPS/HPS to the bottom right, along with my map.
    You can embebbed up to 2 skada windows inside the trade/loot panel and it can be set to appear during combat or out of combat or always or whatever you like.

Here's mine. A little outdated (I don't need the mastery warning obivously) but everything's pretty much the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflZv2TviOI&t=147s

Deleted
    Is there a reason you are using grid2 with elvui instead of default elvui healing frames?

The legion change to max camera zoom really changed the amount of real estate we have for our UIs, with that in mind you have a lot of things that arnt reallly important while running dungeons or raiding.

your actions bars / Micro bar / stance bar and even your player frame arnt important at all really, youre not clicking any of them mid fight and since your already watching your raid frame you dont need the player frame either.

you can remove that bar under your chat frames and you should probably cut down to 1 chat frame

the top left/right of your screen are good for things like skada or the minimap since your eyes are never really focused there while raiding, where as keeping the area closer to the middle / where your toon is is probably more important.

For class color bars and role icons arnt really needed either, having every bar 1 color really helps imo.

arrange frames by Role (Tank->Healer->DPS) and not by groups. Tanks and healers are always at the top left of my raid frames, which means the area around the top left of my raid frames is a good spot for my most important weak auras since im always looking over there anyway.

my UI if your interested --> http://imgur.com/a/h3EDj

ps- I highly recommend switching to vuhdo fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate View Post
    The legion change to max camera zoom really changed the amount of real estate we have for our UIs, with that in mind you have a lot of things that arnt reallly important while running dungeons or raiding.
    It doesn't really change much that you couldn't do with scripts already. The practical limit was and still is the ceiling height and the walls in boss rooms.

your actions bars / Micro bar / stance bar and even your player frame arnt important at all really, youre not clicking any of them mid fight and since your already watching your raid frame you dont need the player frame either.
    Agreed - unless you need to see it, it shouldn't be visible. If you only need to see it sometimes, it should only be visible sometimes. Action bars, menu icons, professions, etc. just block your view of the fight. If it's keybound, it shouldn't be on your screen.

the top left/right of your screen are good for things like skada or the minimap since your eyes are never really focused there while raiding, where as keeping the area closer to the middle / where your toon is is probably more important.
    There's really no need to have those things visible at all as a healer. Even if you do look at them, that's a bad habit.

For class color bars and role icons arnt really needed either, having every bar 1 color really helps imo.
    I'd say the opposite. There's no reason not to have them. They might not matter if you always have the same setup, but it's useful with recruits and people using offspecs.

arrange frames by Role (Tank->Healer->DPS) and not by groups.
    If your group does assignments by groups, like odd groups go left and even groups go right, having the raid sorted by groups is very useful. It's not important in ToV (depending on your strategy for Helya p2), but it's helpful in EN and might be in NH.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Resto is only my sec specc but I'm in the middle of rebuilding my Resto UI and came so far:

I'm thinking about trying out a viewport because I'm using all the Realestate in the lower half of the screen and blocking alot but don't have a lot of experience with it.
    So yeah take inspiration of what ever you want

My biggest suggestion is think about the conent you gonna do and heal to define what the most important tools are.
    Top is always your Raidframes next might be things like Weakauras or TMWs maybe your Bossmods.
    less important might be a listing of Raid CDs or your dps meters. DPS Meters are more important if you are set as Heal officer of some sort, to over see things like 'dmg taken by spell' or 'Auras & Voidzones'.

Find a place that you are comfortable with for your Raidframes and build the rest around it. I'm always a bit more for semetry and for having the center and upper half of the screen more open.

But in the End it is an Userinterface so it should help you and be for your taste and no one elses.

Deleted
    Just posting my UI for reference. I like to keep it as clean as I can.

https://imgur.com/a/6KHWu

Always curious why the focus is on the UI instead of just healing. Ways and means instead of just doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivalen View Post
    Always curious why the focus is on the UI instead of just healing. Ways and means instead of just doing it.
    Well if it comes to WoW its a multi layered 'problem' there are healing basics, than basics regarding your current specs iteration, then encounter specific healing and ontop of it we find things like composition, equip and so on. If you overcome the basic struggle on how to heal why not refine your tools you use to heal. Why do you life in a house if you just could go for a hunt and eat what you can pick from trees ?
    WoW, specially raiding is always a game of information and the interface is the tool which offers you the information you react to.

I would never suggest to a beginner that the first thing he does is setting up his UI. He has a lot different things to figure out but later? sure a good interface will make or break your performance.

A healing UI can make a difference, even if its simply having cooldown timers near healing frames which are close to your feet. Less dying to things under you while you are staring at action bars or healing frames way off left hand side.
    And not having to move your eyes as far adds up in a long raid >.>

That said, mine looks cluttered compared to some, but I like having chat open :P
    Most my info is in one area, grid tracks all the durations of my hots, WA under my character handles the rest. Everything I care about in combat is keybound, some on hidden bars. I could hide action bars, but they could be handy to click if I have my keyboard hand busy, say fighting off some hybrid parakeet/cat creature..

dl.dropboxusercontent. com/u/28878254/games/wa/sorhaUI.jpg
    Mean antilink

Quote Originally Posted by Ivalen View Post
    Because this is a thread about UIs, and the default one isn't very good. There's a lot of interesting information that it just doesn't show, like how much time is left on your Efflorescence.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Spxy View Post
    Is there a reason you are using grid2 with elvui instead of default elvui healing frames?
    hah I knew here was something I wanted to answer and had forgotten I used elvui default raidframes for a while and they are solid but the problem I had with them are custromisability and how debuffs are shown on the frames. I liked that Big Raid debuff indicator thing of elvui but it was limited to one Icon at the time so I switched to vhudo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    hah I knew here was something I wanted to answer and had forgotten I used elvui default raidframes for a while and they are solid but the problem I had with them are custromisability and how debuffs are shown on the frames. I liked that Big Raid debuff indicator thing of elvui but it was limited to one Icon at the time so I switched to vhudo
    Fair enough. There is an option to disable that big debuff indicator only keep small ones. You can have more of those.

Also if you look for some inspiration, here is my PoV from our xavius kill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F69R67FRmY4

I off-off spec heal and found this. I love the layout

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...ui-elvuivuhdo/
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles