PvE - Code Reactive Knockbacks

Demo's long set up, going into casting Thal'kiel's Consumption, frequently featured code reactive knockbacks that served to completely thwart that defining ability. Has anyone else felt that this was one of several contrived elements created to grief this class?

While I have over 2.6 years of actually /played time, I'm no longer playing. I can't test whether the actual Thal'kiel's Consumption cast triggers trash or boss knockback mechanics, but I'm at least certain that a measured timeframe was built in. I'm saying that upon combat engagement a calculative countdown (that just so happened to coincide with the same measured steps going into the TC build up) would activate.

While I didn't experience too much trouble with the buck wild pet ai (if your pet was left in defensive mode) because I've long since added a combat encounter sequenced finisher that included petpassive, yet I was critically aware of it. Not only was there a glaring pet ai 'anomoly' occurring, there was a glaring petpassive agro table where mobs agro was triggered upon passing at a distance. What I'm saying here is that it looked to me like more developer grief. This wasn't just some collateral oversight, it was deliberate.

We all know that going into this expansion, there were undeniable issues that actually served to make this class a pariah in the community. We were rejected, overlooked, denied! Even at the start of the expansion, we couldn't even enter our class hall due to 'some bug'.

Of course these things I lined out aren't the beginning or end of it by any means. There are several similar points that carry forth a strong suggestion that the developers were indeed attempting to get players to abandoned this class. Why? Maybe they just didn't want to have to undertake what was likely a much larger involvement to fix coding issues with this class. Aside from that, they were far too busy tweaking and polishing the Warlock replacement, Demon Hunter.

I'm saying this in response to Ion's recent Q&A where he adamantly expressed how there was no existing bias from one class to another, and that "the developers don't hate warlocks".

I'm reserving the right to disagree.
    Last edited by Korbynn; 2016-12-10 at 05:14 PM.