Help for an update

I have a very low amd 5800 and its integrated graphic card, and I'm running WoW with it pretty flawless on world quests and myth + runs, but get recked in raids or any cpu-demanding activity (even Fallout 3 struggles a lot)

I'm thinking about upgrading to an fx-8350 and a rx 460, it would only cost me 270€ and could use all the other parts of my pc (motherboard included)

Do you think it is worth the upgrade or should I try to save more money and go for a complete gaming 500-600€ build?

Thank you

PD: I only use this pc for WoW and some casual not-so-modern games

I would save up for a better computer, you get some nice new CPU's early next year with Kabylake and ZEN.

Also for a GPU if you main game is wow I would advise an Nvidia GPU as they perform better in blizzard games even a GTX 1050 should run wow more then good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it time, Zen is sounding pretty good so far. Won't be long before we finally get details. But yea avoid the FX 8350 and don't get RX 460. While @Denpepe is right, the GPU generally doesn't matter for WoW, but a 1050Ti or a RX 470 are equally good choices for WoW. You can buy a graphics card for now, as that'll relieve the APU.

I was cheking my motherboard and it seems I cannot put an fx in the cpu slot, the 5800 is a socket2 and fx is am+3...

I have another question

Is really an i3-6100 really that good for WoW as a cheap cpu? I'm always looking at recommended requisites for gpu for WoW and the i3 is always below the mark...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    I was cheking my motherboard and it seems I cannot put an fx in the cpu slot, the 5800 is a socket2 and fx is am+3...

I have another question

Is really an i3-6100 really that good for WoW as a cheap cpu? I'm always looking at recommended requisites for gpu for WoW and the i3 is always below the mark...

Thanks
    Yeah, the recommended is always gonna be over the top, look at the minimum though, a Core 2 Duo.

Basically though, an i3 and an i5 from the same generation running at the same clock speed will run WoW pretty much identically, as long as you are not doing much multitasking.

10+ Year Old Account
    The i3-6100 is an excellent CPU for WoW, it's just that dual core CPUs don't have much of a future. For WoW, that future doesn't look like it's going to change. My suggestion is to buy a new GPU and wait for Zen. A cheap Zen for $150 will be equivalent to a Haswell i7. There's going to be an announcement soon™.