Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just don't understand. If people are already using lower iLvL items because it has better secondary stats, reducing their effectiveness is just going to make those stats more valuable for them to pick up. Buffing the amount of crit/mastery you get on a higher iLvL item isn't going to mean jack if your class needs a ton of haste to have a decent rotation.

I feel like they're jumping through these hoops to try and fix stats when giving us reforging back would have been easier... Then people would be equipping the highest level items they had more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell are we supposed to do mythic guarm now? Hmm..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    How the hell are we supposed to do mythic guarm now? Hmm..
    People actually beating Guarm and reaching the Helya fight was a bug. Blizzard is taking steps to solve this terrible oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I think it's justified. This is the first tier of content in Legion and a lot of my characters have stat percentages comparable to what they had during Hellfire Citadel in WoD.
    We've still got Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras and Argus Raid to go. Secondary stats are going to be absolutely nuts by the end of the expansion unless Blizzard does something about it.
    This is incorrect. With 30 ilvls you gain around 10% secondaries, meanwhile 30 ilvls is 35% primary.

They did this on purpose in Legion. Low ilvl items have much more secondaries but the scaling is significantly slower. They did this because some specs didn't actually work properly (for instance fire mages) until they reached a certain secondary breakpoint that often didn't happen until mid-late expansion.

If you have 15000 of a secondary right now, you were unlikely to be able to reach 20k by the end of the expansion with the same allocation in your gear, meanwhile if you have 35000 primary you will see over 80000 with the same ilvl inflation.

This change is more proof that Blizzard refuses to accept that they can do wrong, the fundamental problem with Legion (and partly WoD). Reforging solved the secondary itemization problem, and instead of adding it back, they're going to go through things like gutting secondaries of value and effectively destroying class mechanics that rely on secondary synergy. Let that sink in: rather than add back in the solution they already know to be the best solution, they're going to destroy half the specs in the game. Rather than admit fault, they're going to make millions of people quit the game out of frustration.

Whoever is involved in this is going to get fired after this patch goes live. Buy at least 1 share of ATVI and write in as a shareholder and you can have your voice heard by the board.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-12-01 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Who cares. So long as everyone's affected by it, why care?
    Its not same for everyone. Certain speccs have breakpoints and now they need literally 1500-2000 more rating to reach it which is close to impossible to get. This effects overall dmg and nerfs certain legendaries heavily like the emerald dreamcatcher for balance druids.

Worst case scenario: Balance is forced to craft pure haste items to reach breakpoint
    Best case scenario: balance forgets 31% haste breakpoint because its not possible reach with NH / Tier sets

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Decent based on what though? If the other stats are brought up then they will have more benefit than previously. You can min max but the goal is to make everything equal rather than pushing for 34% here, then 10% here, shooting for 0% in another stat, etc.

Most people just want to equip something that is higher ilevel and have it be an upgrade. Or with a socket, etc.
    As said above, based on the Emerald Dreamcatcher headpiece (http://www.wowhead.com/item=137062/t...tcher&spec=105), which depends entirely on being able to shoot a Lunar Strike or two Solar Wraths in that 3 sec interval to keep the stacks\buff up, the latter completely dependent on a certain haste breakpoint, which won't be able to be reached with this changes, gutting even further what is already an underperforming spec that relies completely on said item.

Good times.

Deleted
    It's going to make life pretyt miserable for dmeo locks too

If this goes through, Blizzard needs to reduce all bosses hit points and damage out put.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I need even more haste items to get my breakpoint?

7+ Year Old Account
    imo it wont change anything

Will see where this goes

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain how a nerf across the board to all stat will suddenly make higher ilvls preferred over lower ones?

Since all stats will suffer equally, wouldn't the only thing this change do is just nerf damage equally across the board? A class who prefers crit will still need to stack crit over their less desirable stats, no?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Doesn't these changes simply makes it harder for people needing a breakpoint of a specific stats ? Making it even more important prioritise a piece of lower ilvl instead of an higher one doesn't have enough of that said stat.
    It won't work out this way, because relative to secondary stats, primary stats just got a huge buff. I don't know what specific break points you're talking about, but my assumption is that ilevel will drive the decision now, except maybe 5 ilevels.

They are however increasing secondary stats on jewelry, so I don't know how that affects this.

To put this into perspective

Apple tests iPhone with no headphone jack, not something to freak out about.
    Apple releases iPhone with no headphone jack, something to actually freak out about.

In short, its the PTR until it hits live people need to stop act like the sky has already fallen.

Its your own fault if you didnt see this coming. People are reaching brakepoints in tier 1. Usally this dosent happen untill last tier in an exspansion. What do you think will happen if they do nothing there are mages at 68%crit rogues with 120% mastery already

It has been said many times, But, I'll illustrate it again. Right now the 820 rings from timewalking dungeons are huge upgrades over 860 mythic rings, even though you give up around 750 crit and haste. Why? Because the timewalking sets have your primary stat on them. If blizzard would restore the roughly 1800 of your primary stat that we lost by them removing it from jewelry then they could more easily adjust the secondary stats without needing to compensate as much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    To put this into perspective

Apple tests iPhone with no headphone jack, not something to freak out about.
    Apple releases iPhone with no headphone jack, something to actually freak out about.

In short, its the PTR until it hits live people need to stop act like the sky has already fallen.
    That gave anyone with experience of how Blizz do stuff on PTR's a good chuckle

Don;tthink I;ve ever seen changes redacted and I have seen some lulus

What a clusterfuck of expansion in terms of class design. At this point it just feels they throwing shit at wall and see what sticks.

LiveTestRealm

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Can someone explain how a nerf across the board to all stat will suddenly make higher ilvls preferred over lower ones?

Since all stats will suffer equally, wouldn't the only thing this change do is just nerf damage equally across the board? A class who prefers crit will still need to stack crit over their less desirable stats, no?
    It's a nerf to secondary stats, not Primary. So outside of jewerly, that item that is +20 ilvls will have +20 ilvls more of Str\Agi\Int and it should make that item an easy choice even if it has your worst secondary stats. Personally, I agree with this, Primary stats should always be worth double secondary stats in my book. For classes that need X amount of haste to perform well or at least be fun to play, hopefully they'll tweak something else where to make keep it fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    A lot of people who were doing between constant 300-350k DPS (the required dps check for Ursoc MM) no longer does that much. This means Ursoc is simply not possible to kill anymore if everyone is affected that much by it.

That's a big problem, isnt it ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not blaming them to test this, it's just stupid they're not telling anybody that they're testing it.

Hence why we should react.
    uhh you forget this patch is still months away... most likely to come out with nighthold...

also yes they did tell us, they told us many times they want to reduce the effectivness of secondary stats to make primary stats number 1 again on peoples lists... cause alot of classes take secondary over primary... not good when a mage is all about speed and not intelligence... somethings wrong
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-12-01 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content