Deleted

Roots of Shaladrassil, underwhelming

Hello,

I'm looking for a bit of help in regards to this legendary. Right now we share this with Hunters and as such puts us in a bind with regards to changes. Right now this is possibly the worst legendary of them all in the game right now. (Absorb neck is better, seph will work on dispel). What I'd hope is for some support by US Resto Shaman players to post on their PTR forum. I've created a thread on EU http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614505160

I hope we can get a discussion going regarding this Legendary as its very underwhelming at least separating us from the Hunters and giving us a new effect or add resource gen to it would be a start. With any luck we can make this desirable.

Thank you

For Enhancement currently it's one of the best legendaries available, purely because of the stats.
    The healing isn't the best admittedly, but they're changing the heal interview to 2 seconds instead of 3 next patch so it should at least be easier to activate.

I got this legendary as well. If you just look at the item in a vaccuum; the effect on it isn't too bad, it heals for quite a lot over the course of a fight.
    The biggest issue is that when you compare it to other items, especially those with actual effects on your DPS/HPS output (nearly all of them these days), it becomes quite underwhelming.

It's quite a shame that items like Sephuz's Secret get extreme buffs (making it work on interrupt and dispels turns this into one of the best overal legendaries, and it was already top of the line for M+ before). And yet Roots of Shaladrassil just get a 50% increase to it's effect; where I would rather have seen the utility expand a bit.
    Remove the standing still requirement; make it work more like Ysera's Gift where you heal someone else if you're already full HP; or just about anything with a bit more flavor.

To end with a positive note:
    - For enhancement the stats are really good, so it's worth it just for those stats (ideally mastery was the higher one, but whatever)
    - For resto and elemental the effect is more useful, as you stand still more often.
    - DO NOT underestimate the strength of this heal. For me personally this heals me for 90.000 HP every 3 seconds; in comparison a Riptide heals on average for 40k per 3 seconds. My resto druid alt's (ilvl 660) rejuv heals for 50k per 3 second. This heal is like having 2 constant hots on yourself. And it gets 50% stronger, this is SOLID self healing.

They should make it so you don't have to stand still and nerf the healing it doesn't a bit. Then it would be really good for resto and hunters since hunters have no self heals.

I dont think it should be a passive heal even while moving, if it was they'd have to make the heal even weaker than it is now.

Instead, I'd like to see it changed to make it spawn a small area around you after standing still for ~5 seconds, and while you remain in that area you get the heal no matter how much you move.

I think it should essentially give the wearer the same buff/proc as Yseras gift as a druid (or slightly weakened version), in that it if you are a full health it ticks on a nearby party member etc, always working (no standing still requirement etc). Change the flavour text to somethin g like absorbs water/moisture from the surrounding air to heal etc.

As it is, its not really utility legendary, and its not a dps/HPS increase really either. Another option might be to make it spawn a water globule etc which when picked up grants a buff etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    They should make it so you don't have to stand still and nerf the healing it doesn't a bit. Then it would be really good for resto and hunters since hunters have no self heals.
    hunters have both a trait that causes deterrence to heal and exhilaration at least, but yeah those aren't much

and well, they also have their own leggo that makes feign death heal, but that one isn't so great because afaik the hot cancels if you stand up

yeah though as this thing is though, I've yet to see it break even 3% of my healing as a resto shaman, even on cenarius, and I have rather low regards for it, even with the buff

I think a cool idea is if it stored up a big heal the longer you stood still then popped upon taking damage like a resto druid's living seed, and effectively stayed about the same for constant healing?

Not sure why people are nagging about these pants. From a pure mathematical perspective the heal is better than riptide ticks (which pretty much is the only self heal you need) so you can use it on other targets instead which both increases your hps and most importantly makes you sturdy and less prone to death and enables you to stand still where you couldnt before which is HUGE.

The pants are one of the bestj legendaries for resto imo...

Deleted
    I think a few people do not understand, Why would anyone use it over any other legendary, when even the Neck would be considered more viable?

Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus (7.1.5 PTR)
    Equip: Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 30% of your maximum health for 30 sec.

Yes I agree stat wise it has its uses but in reality it has a very poor effect that could just aswell be on the artifact weapons themselves. When compared with other legendarys in the group its amongst the worst and I'd vote that its the worst one available right now when taking the PTR into effect.

Edit: I'd rather have the PTR change reverted and allow it to generate resources aswell I'm sure the team can find a good number, maybe 2% resource generation along side the HP.
    Last edited by mmoc1a09b5e710; 2016-12-02 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added idea