Alternative to giving Warlocks a baseline interrupt

If Blizz doesn't want to give us a baseline interrupt, why not make it so each spec's primary pet at least has the option to interrupt?

-Demo's Felguard could have a "Pummel" ability that has a shared CD with Axe Toss, so they could either interrupt or stun but not do both at the same time.
    -Destro's Imp could have an "Interrupting Spark" ability that has a shared CD with Singe Magic, so they could either dispel or interrupt.
    -If for consistency you wanted to add another ability to Affliction's Felhunter, just bring back Consume Magic so they could either offensive dispel or interrupt.

This could be only for each spec's primary pet, so only Destro's imp could interrupt etc. This could be listed on the spec page as well, to clarify. This further pushes that spec identity with a specific pet without hindering gameplay to do so.

I don't see why Axe Toss can't just be done like Arcane Torrent where if something isn't stunnable, it will interrupt instead.

When a rogue/war/boomkin global your pet, you will then be unable to interrupt until you re-summon your pet. Warlocks need a reliable interrupt, not yet another ability that can simply be rendered useless by any semi-competent team.

To be fair, warlock never had an baseline interrupt, all we have is pet's interrupt, what we need is bring back MoP style GoSac, when you sacrifice your pet and gain a ablitiy that your pet has.

Sacrifice pet interrupt...

Deleted
    Well it blows to not have a baseline interrupt, but warlocks don't need to have everything. The sad part is only that many things are lacking like mobility, interrupt, immunity cooldown, short damage cooldown that works well with heroism, pots etc, no casts to improve fights with lots of movement.

It's okay to excel in a few areas but be bad in other areas, but having a few quality of life improvements would be nice.

To be honest I would even be happy with just one out of the many talents we have in the talent tree being baseline. Even cataclysm, channel demonfire, demonic circle or soul harvest would make me really happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post
    -If for consistency you wanted to add another ability to Affliction's Felhunter, just bring back Consume Magic so they could either offensive dispel or interrupt.
    Devour magic was brought back already with 7.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Well it blows to not have a baseline interrupt, but warlocks don't need to have everything. The sad part is only that many things are lacking like mobility, interrupt, immunity cooldown, short damage cooldown that works well with heroism, pots etc, no casts to improve fights with lots of movement.

It's okay to excel in a few areas but be bad in other areas, but having a few quality of life improvements would be nice.

To be honest I would even be happy with just one out of the many talents we have in the talent tree being baseline. Even cataclysm, channel demonfire, demonic circle or soul harvest would make me really happy.
    Ill take dark soul over soul harvest any day, but blizzard doesnt want warlocks to have a personal dps cooldown. Oh right heres a doomguard that does 200k dmg per cast, enjoy your burst dps. Legions Warlock Design is just godawful

Deleted
    Kudos to creative thinking instead of option-less whining, I really appreciate that here in those forums. Refreshing.

Question is: Do locks really NEED an interrupt? Let's face it: Since we did not have an interrupt for so long now, most groups don't even expect the lock to do that. All the better, let the other classes do it.

Same with mobility: I don't think we will just be given more mobility. It will be a tradeoff for survivability and - frankly - I prefer the latter. Only thing I would like is a movement speed increase for out of combat, just to be able to not feel like an invalid in m+ dungeons that's limping behind the group and arrives 10 seconds late for every fight
    Edit: Hello, Court of stars after first boss where the whole group is already at the next group while I'm strolling down the stairs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    Ill take dark soul over soul harvest any day, but blizzard doesnt want warlocks to have a personal dps cooldown. Oh right heres a doomguard that does 200k dmg per cast, enjoy your burst dps. Legions Warlock Design is just godawful
    My favorite part is when I use my 3min CD doomguard then hes one shotted by boss abilities ( example: Shade of Xavius M+)
    I used to imagine a "thug life" text with weird music and sunglasses on the boss in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Question is: Do locks really NEED an interrupt? Let's face it: Since we did not have an interrupt for so long now, most groups don't even expect the lock to do that. All the better, let the other classes do it.
    I'd argue that yes, that was the case. But that changed with MoP-WoD, as GoSac gave us an interrupt if we sacrificed the Felhunter. That, along with pets not really differing between each other damage-wise essentially gave us a "baseline" interrupt for 2 xpacs. I still run into people from time to time who insist my GoSac gives me an interrupt and assume I'm just being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Kudos to creative thinking instead of option-less whining, I really appreciate that here in those forums. Refreshing.

I'd say so. When we're the only dps without one then it's not a matter of whether we need the extra "utility" because it's not even that at that point. It'd be one thing if only a few had interrupts, but it's literally every other dps and some healers while locks don't have one. On top of that, they've increased the number of things to interrupt in Legion especially in 5 mans, so a lock not having one is a major hindrance on your group. And last but not least, there's our little buddy Sephuz's Secret which is getting changed to work with interrupts, but since we don't have one, we're still fucked if we're stuck with it. When it comes down to it, when it's close to universal, Blizz will design things as if it were universal and as a result warlocks are going to get continually screwed over until we get one.

The biggest thing I'm salty about in Legion is the loss of Sacrifice special abilities. I loved my Last Stand as a Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    Sacrifice pet interrupt...
    I wish this was still a thing

Every other dps spec has one, so we need one too.

Are we talking PVP? Does PVP need more interrupts though? I ran a few rbgs last night and against 2k teams I was unable to cast 70% of the time, Destro locks are just too easy to be locked down.

I'd definitely vote for a disarm though, casters need something to keep melee in check, it's gotten ridiculous how much uptime they have.

Deleted
    Didnt people complain about homogenization?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Every other dps spec has one, so we need one too.
    why? If every other dps spec had a maintenance buff and a "prismatic crystal" type of game play, would you also want that, just because everyone else has it?