Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Question Something very strange is going on (Mandella effect)

Ok so there is this thing called the Mandella effect and what it is is where a large group of people recall a certain event being one way, but in reality it happened differently.

Here is a brief video describing 50 changes in under 4 minutes

Here is a video of mr world famous astrophysicist bigshot Neil Motherfucking Degrasse Tyson being WRONG by a marigin of 80 million lightyears
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-0mLH6rx78

Did this infallible genius REALLY get it THAT WRONG? Or did he say that because it actually WAS TRUE at the time he said it?

We are actually in the Orion Arm, 80million fucking lightyears away from where Neil said. Explain that!

The ones that really get to me include :
    Darth Vader no longer says "Luke, I am your father" but rather "No, I'm your father" now
    C3PO has a silver leg I never noticed
    Snow White line is now "Magic Mirror" not "Mirror Mirror"
    In the bible the lords prayer now says to forgive us our debt/debters instead of tresspasses/ers
    In the bible it says a wolf will lie with the lamb, used to say Lion would lie with lamb

So what do you think? Is this all just a hoax and people are stupid AF for remembering everything wrong? Or is something far stranger going on and our timeline has literally been altered? O_o

This is a subject heavily rooted in certain conspiracy theory topics that aren't allowed to be discussed on these forums.

While there are a number of weird things we don't exactly agree on, a lot of it is based on a handful of people trying to recall from their own memory things that they experienced 10 to 15 or more years earlier that they may have experienced only a couple times.

also... in before CERN be ripping hole sin space time fucking up mah movie references.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    This is a subject heavily rooted in certain conspiracy theory topics that aren't allowed to be discussed on these forums.

While there are a number of weird things we don't exactly agree on, a lot of it is based on a handful of people trying to recall from their own memory things that they experienced 10 to 15 or more years earlier that they may have experienced only a couple times.

also... in before CERN be ripping hole sin space time fucking up mah movie references.
    Really? oops......

Edit : Anybody know a good forum for conspiracies then?

Quote Originally Posted by Joobulon View Post
    Really? oops......

Edit : Anybody know a good forum for conspiracies then?
    Alex Jones and Infowars

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Alex Jones and Infowars
    I just checked and there is no forum on infowars :/

Quantum physics says this mandella effect is possible, so is it really a conspiracy? lol

Mandela Effect: Bane originally a big guy?

Mandela effect

People think Pikachu has a Black Tail.
    But in reality Pikachu doesnt have a black tail

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopher...1Jk#.iaRK8vBJd

Wellp simple question before this topic probably gets shut down for sounding like a conspiracy

Simple yes or no question.

Do you believe that this is real and that our timeline has been altered? Yes, or No? Easy

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the timeline hasn't been altered.

C-3PO having a silver leg isn't remembered because he's remembered as being all gold. Most shots of C-3PO are from the torso up; not his whole body. He rarely ever walks as the suit looks clumsy.

Pikachu never had a black tail. I didn't remember it being that way.

"Luke, I am your father" is far more memorable because "No, I am your father" lacks the context.

The translations of the bible having different words are because the bible has been translated hundreds if not thousands of different times from language to language.

The original brothers Grimm version of Snow White does indeed say "mirror, mirror on the wall..." Many people would likely have seen Disney's Snow White when they were Children and wouldn't remember it verbatim. Not many adults are versed in that film, and if they were, they'd likely remember it accurately.

Though if you're looking for people randomly forgetting things and remembering it differently, look no further than Trump's supporters vis-a-vis his political ramblings.

In all of these situations, cultural perception plays a large part in how information is communicated.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I just checked and there is no forum on infowars :/

Quantum physics says this mandella effect is possible, so is it really a conspiracy? lol
    quantum theory suggests it's possible. when looking at the how though starts treading into murky territory.

Note that 'conspiracy theory' is a subject that envelops many topics across multiple fields. To get lumped into the 'tinfoil hat' grouping it just needs the wrong people discussing it at the wrong time. A good example of this is censorship of certain topics in media sources, martial law, or internet kill switch. those three topics are discussed in certain channels but because some kooks take the info the wrong way it's all going into the tinfoil hat group that can't be discussed here.

Note that there IS an internet 'kill switch' that would shut down service in a given area if needed, but that doesn't mean [insert leader] is trying to muzzle free thinking because you just became aware of it.

Human memory is fallible. Deal with it.

Enid Blyton never wrote about the Famous Five having lashings of ginger beer.

Deleted
    Ok so there is this thing called the Mandella effect and what it is is where a large group of people recall a certain event being one way, but in reality it happened differently.

Here is a brief video describing 50 changes in under 4 minutes

Here is a video of mr world famous astrophysicist bigshot Neil Motherfucking Degrasse Tyson being WRONG by a marigin of 80 million lightyears
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v

Did this infallible genius REALLY get it THAT WRONG? Or did he say that because it actually WAS TRUE at the time he said it?

We are actually in the Orion Arm, 80million fucking lightyears away from where Neil said. Explain that!

The ones that really get to me include :
    Darth Vader no longer says "Luke, I am your father" but rather "No, I'm your father" now
    C3PO has a silver leg I never noticed
    Snow White line is now "Magic Mirror" not "Mirror Mirror"
    In the bible the lords prayer now says to forgive us our debt/debters instead of tresspasses/ers
    In the bible it says a wolf will lie with the lamb, used to say Lion would lie with lamb

So what do you think? Is this all just a hoax and people are stupid AF for remembering everything wrong? Or is something far stranger going on and our timeline has literally been altered? O_o
    Yes, people don't remember the exact words of something or the precise facts of something. It happens all the time. We love to paraphrase things so that they are more effective outside of their context. It's normal. We forget things, we change things, we paraphrase things.

- - - Updated - - -

Wellp simple question before this topic probably gets shut down for sounding like a conspiracy

Simple yes or no question.

Do you believe that this is real and that our timeline has been altered? Yes, or No? Easy
    The simplest answer is the most probable answer. Do you find it more likely that human memory is fallible, that we can't remember properly. We spread the wrong information as we have a hard time remembering it all and it becomes muddled and incorrect as it goes from mouth to mouth. Changing quotes is something we do ALL THE TIME. Why? Because we need them to have more impact outside of their context or just don't remember them correctly, so our minds put together one that sounds impactful.
    Or, do you think our timeline is altered to change Pickachu's tail...?

Come on. Don't be absurd.

I watched star wars empire strikes back a million time, there was never a luke in there, it wouldnt even work with the rest if the dialogue. He uses a negation to dispell the lie that was told by obiwan.

Vader: If only you knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
    Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
    Vader: No, I am your father.

Well it's pretty weird because maybe we are fallible but people who are obsessed with the bible report that the bible has changed

Including me, that shit NEVER said Debt/ers or wolf

Edit : Please explain Neil Degrasse Tyson thinking we are 80million lightyears away from here?

Deleted
    I believe the reverse Mandela effect is much more convincing, ie I believe we are now living in a weird parallel universe.

I keep turning on the TV news and thinking "I can't believe this happened in our reallity".

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I believe the reverse Mandela effect is much more convincing, ie I believe we are now living in a weird parallel universe.

I keep turning on the TV news and thinking "I can't believe this happened in our reallity".
    I know right? Metallica just released their best album yet after over a decade of sucking ass, and Donald Motherfucking Trump is our president elect

What a world, wow

Also look guys, everybody who died when the challenger blew up in 1986 is alive somehow
    Last edited by Joobulon; 2016-12-02 at 10:38 AM.

Well it's pretty weird because maybe we are fallible but people who are obsessed with the bible report that the bible has changed

Including me, that shit NEVER said Debt/ers or wolf
    You serious? Maybe you should look into how many versions/translations of the bible there are.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You serious? Maybe you should look into how many versions/translations of the bible there are.
    and somehow NONE of those versions say trespasses/ers which for some reason is the way I've said the prayer my entire life, even in sunday school and church

Where did I get this from?

Last edited by Dezerte; 2016-12-02 at 10:49 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance