Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No, the timeline hasn't been altered.

C-3PO having a silver leg isn't remembered because he's remembered as being all gold. Most shots of C-3PO are from the torso up; not his whole body. He rarely ever walks as the suit looks clumsy.

Pikachu never had a black tail. I didn't remember it being that way.

"Luke, I am your father" is far more memorable because "No, I am your father" lacks the context.

The translations of the bible having different words are because the bible has been translated hundreds if not thousands of different times from language to language.

The original brothers Grimm version of Snow White does indeed say "mirror, mirror on the wall..." Many people would likely have seen Disney's Snow White when they were Children and wouldn't remember it verbatim. Not many adults are versed in that film, and if they were, they'd likely remember it accurately.

Though if you're looking for people randomly forgetting things and remembering it differently, look no further than Trump's supporters vis-a-vis his political ramblings.

In all of these situations, cultural perception plays a large part in how information is communicated.
    Hey don't make fun of people with that handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    You can find great power in exploring the possibilities of an inconsistent reality... that is, if you can avoid the part where you go mad.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me what you see when you gaze into the abyss.

ALL DA SECRETS NIGGA, ALL DA SECRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Joobulon View Post

ALL DA SECRETS NIGGA, ALL DA SECRETS!
    The back of a dollar bill.

BTW, the Masons are the oldest trolls in the world.

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been locked, Its a whole conspiracy unto itself

Do the mmochampion mods know the truth and want you to know to? DUN DUN DUNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Funny i was gonna say cnn, nyt and smh. They like to make shit up to suit their agenda
    And fox news is fair & balanced. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    And fox news is fair & balanced. Yeah.
    No but Fox does have the hottest news anchor on the planet, Megyn Kelly <3

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    It's the Bearenstain Bears
    not the Bearenstein Bears

(Formated to show the difference.)
    Or perhaps it's even the Berenstain Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You're the one who labeled yourself as mentally ill....
    No that was actually several teams of doctors who decided that

And now we all know you're full of shit. Thanks for finally proving it.

And in the context of these forums, you're the one who labeled yourself in such a way. If you were actually a genius following what people are saying wouldn't be so difficult for you.
    Damn son

You mad?

Its hard to follow because my literal fucking memories don't add up dude

Not particularly. I'm just getting bored with your act. Stop pretending to be things you aren't, it's insulting to people who actually are those things.
    Whatever man ask my doctors lol

I wish I was pretending
    Last edited by Joobulon; 2016-12-02 at 01:26 PM.

Wellp simple question before this topic probably gets shut down for sounding like a conspiracy

Simple yes or no question.

Do you believe that this is real and that our timeline has been altered? Yes, or No? Easy
    This is a clear case of Schrodinger's Timeline. We can consider it both altered and unaltered until one or the other can be proven. Or you could unravel the tinfoil and realize IF there was some sort of cosmic time meddling, they wouldnt waste that ability on fucking movie quotes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    This is a clear case of Schrodinger's Timeline. We can consider it both altered and unaltered until one or the other can be proven. Or you could unravel the tinfoil and realize IF there was some sort of cosmic time meddling, they wouldnt waste that ability on fucking movie quotes.....
    Nobody is saying time travelers cherry picked these moments and changed them, they are all the fallout of something else that occured

Holy shit, this thread is scary. People actually believe this stuff is real??

You people are going to give me nightmares.

When you were born, you didn't know anything about this world or reality, the only thing you had where those who raised and taught you. This is our reality, we do not know if anything we know is truly true.

When you perceive the world, what you hear, feel and see is not reality, it is a judged image of reality. We see cars, trees, animals and all other kind of things, yet there are no cars or trees in reality. these are just constructs of our imagination. These things are called what they are because of their form, purpose or commonality, and as we grow up this is how we learn to perceive the world around us. Even at this most basic level there can be misconceptions between human minds, however these constructs are the cornerstones of our life as a social animal.

Many other parts of our consciousness are far more complex because they have no tangible presence in reality; ie faith, religion, science. Yet these parts of our consciousness are instrumental in the way we perceive and judge reality.

Since the conception of recorded history it has been clear that at no time whatsoever humans had a firm grip on reality. And therefore it is not unlikely that we as a species are as clueless as we have ever been. I would never say that there is no such thing as the Mandela effect (with one l, or are we talking a double Mandela here?).
    However I would find it far more likely that you're just a little bit more crazy than most people.

Human memory isn't perfect, and I always thought alternate realities you would never remember it being different.

"infallible genius", really? you don't have to be a genius to know that no one is infallible, even in their field of expertise. Perfect recall is either impossible or so statistically uncommon that it might as well be considered impossible for all intents and purposes which is why the "mandela effect" exists. People have a partial memory of something that's been distorted by other things thus leading to a mixed up recollections of events.

I mean, look at your examples.

Darth Vader no longer says "Luke, I am your father" but rather "No, I'm your father" now
    C3PO has a silver leg I never noticed
    Snow White line is now "Magic Mirror" not "Mirror Mirror"
    In the bible the lords prayer now says to forgive us our debt/debters instead of tresspasses/ers
    In the bible it says a wolf will lie with the lamb, used to say Lion would lie with lamb
    The difference between "Luke, I am your father" and "No, I'm your father" is effectively nothing, so you're remembering the meaning perfectly, but not recalling the exact words because it's not how he said it that was important but what he said that was.

C3PO's silver leg is a minor detail that you could easily miss and our brains don't process visual images photon for photon. It does the broad strokes and then fills in the gaps with assumptions. This is why it's easy to miss things that are missing that don't leave an overtly obvious space or dust mark because our brains fill in the gaps rather than processing every detail which would make us notice it's blatant absence.

The Snow White lines are just a mixing up of words like the first example. "Magic Mirror" and "Mirror Mirror" are both acceptable ways to address the mirror on the wall, but you're just simply mixing up how exactly the mirror was addressed.

I believe that there are other translations of the bible that uses trespasses, but even if their aren't the use of the word "trespasses" in that line has been done in various forms of mainstream media such as the movie fury from 2014.

As for the other bible verse, there seems to be multiple translations as well, so depending on what type of bible you pick up it could have either or, but besides that, there are many popular analogies and references that refer to lions, wolves, and lambs so it's reasonable to mix the lion and wolf up as predatory animals in the sayings. There's a quote from Buddhism that was popularized by Robin Hood in 2010 "Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions" and there are also age old lines such as "a wolf in sheep's clothing" where a lamb is just a baby sheep, so it's perfectly reasonable that some wires be crossed when such similar themes of the metamorphosis of predatory animals into and out of being peaceful creatures are prevalent in society.

If I could put it simply then it would be this: What is more likely, that the entire world has changed, or that you misremembered some minor detail from something you half read or absentmindedly watched with no thought or purpose toward remembering said details?
    Last edited by Vynny; 2016-12-02 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    If I could put it simply then it would be this: What is more likely, that the entire world has changed, or that you misremembered some minor detail from something you half read or absentmindedly watched with no thought or purpose toward remembering said details?
    Well considering that quantum physics says this is EASILY possible, actually think the world changed

I know my fucking memory ok?

I mean think about this, there are so many fucking planets in our universe it's nothing shy of a FACT that aliens are real, and if aliens can be real so too can the high technology required to alter time as well

OBVIOUSLY some other species SOMEWHERE in this giantic ass universe has in fact, evolved enough to manipulate time. This is practically a fact.
    Last edited by Joobulon; 2016-12-02 at 01:56 PM.

Well considering that quantum physics says this is EASILY possible, actually think the world changed

I know my fucking memory ok?

I mean think about this, there are so many fucking planets in our universe it's nothing shy of a FACT that aliens are real, and if aliens can be real so too can the high technology required to alter time as well
    Yes, it may be possible but your memory malfunctioning isn't the proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest View Post
    Yes, it may be possible but your memory malfunctioning isn't the proof of that.
    That would be fine if I was literally the only person with these memories

But thousands, if not millions of people remember at least a few things wrong

That would be fine if I was literally the only person with these memories

But thousands, if not millions of people remember at least a few things wrong
    Look, if your IQ is as high as you say it is you should realise that... most people are medicore. They know stuff only from conversations with their friends, they don't do research, they have no real passion for anything.

I do know quite a bit about quantum physics and yes perhaps alternate timelines are entirely possible. But to prove it we would need to base it on research it instead of saying 'millions of people say that they remember it that way'. So what? Milions of people don't know shit about anything.

EDIT: Let me give you an example - in Poland we have a thing called Cukier Wanilinowy. It's a kind of vanilla sugar but it's not made from vanilla exactly but some chemical cheaper shit or smth like that. Now everyone thought and still does that it's Cukier Waniliowy (different spelling if you look closely), simply because it smells like vanilla so they think that it's vanilla sugar and they don't know what wanilina is. Does it mean timeline has been altered because everyone remembers it being Waniliowy forever and still think it is? No it just proves that people are lazy and don't give a fuck
    Last edited by Deadrest; 2016-12-02 at 02:07 PM.