Deleted

Did we kill Mythic Odyn?

Hi guys,

Could do with a hand analysing some logs and video footage we took of our mythic odyn "kill" last night where we believe we reached the health threshold to end the encounter but he just stood there, allowed us to release spirit then despawned without giving us the achievement.

Here's our logs and video footage. (As i'm not allowed to post direct links as I'm new to MMOC)
    www(.)warcraftlogs(.)com/reports/VzXCGBQctaJk8Fmg#fight=6
    www(.)youtube(.)com/watch?v=TxYpKx42rpM

As you can see we did all die right at the end of the encounter (which i guess isn't very uncommon on a lot of first kills) and as you can see on logs the lowest we brought the boss while the fight was active was 174 Million hp. On various other logs, videos and streams that I've checked out the hp where the boss actually stops the encounter varies very slightly. From anywhere between 177 Million to 175 Million and as you can see in our video, he actually stands still and does nothing, allows us to actually release our spirits (which only occurs once you've killed a boss or he resets, of which neither happened) he also became unattackable briefly before he disappeared.

As we all know the encounter is known for it's faults with a bunch of first kills being given completely free, invisible orbs and also the bug where if you bring Hymdall to 25% at the very second where Hyrja revives herself she then jumps back down in P2 and stays for the remainder of the encounter.

Would be interesting to see if there's anything we can do about this as frankly, 11-12 minute fights where nothing essentially happens for 3-4 minutes it's getting incredibly boring.

That's a shame but it's like you said, there's a bunch of buggy stuff with the percentages (Hryja being the most common one, this is the first time I've seen your situation happen). If you guys can get there once you can definitely do it again for a kill though, so no point trying to petition it, since I doubt Blizzard GM's will give you guys the kill.

GL, you guys are close for sure.

we had something similar happen during Mits of Pandaria during Garalon in the Heart of Fear...
    we killed him while our only person who was still alive was our dk tank with purgatory triggered (so he died at the same time)
    the boss fell over and even the dbm/big wigs victory theme played but then he despawned and respawned....

the weird thing about this was that the wall of wind up to blade lord dissapeared...
    so even the game was confused if we killed it i guess :P
    i tried to put in a ticket but never got a response which was unfortunate

Those British reactions

But sigh, I sympathise with you... Blizzard sadly won't do anything but tell you to go do it again.

Deleted
    You should have brought a ret-pally...

we tend to delay the wipe by about 10 seconds... which would be enough to get the kill credit.
    Been there, done that.

I'd submit a bug report with links to your logs just so Blizz can look at it.

My old guild had a similar bug on heoric norushen in SoO where we killed it just as everybody died, got the achieve, but the boss despawned like we wiped.

We put in a help ticket and a GM mailed loot to us.

It's a wipe on par with many other bosses that has casts that they can't die during. Take Archimonde as an example; He can't die while casting his dance-mechanic, but he can go to 1 hp. If your raid gets killed before he finishes the dance combo, then he despawns, despite having overkilled him a fair bit with dots.

Odyn is the same - you need to have players alive as he starts his roleplay talk, or it's a wipe.

If it'd been a kill, you'd have gotten achievements. Unfortunate, but just go kill it again.

Deleted
    I mean, in the logs and on the video I can't see him casting any ability before or after our last player dies.

Regardless nobody on the forums is going to be able to give you the kill. Blizzard precedent says they aren't going to be able to give you the kill either. You're going to have to do it again.

Deleted
    Just got a response from Blizzard, asked to get everyone in the guild to submit a bug report, will get escalated to the devs where they can see if we made the requirements for a kill if so we can be awarded the achievements. Fingers crossed.

Well obviously no idea what blizzard has to say on the matter. It looked in the replay like there was someone still alive while you went over the health threshold he usually "dies" at.

Deleted
    Kill that bastard

Deleted
    Eh, from that video, the closest I can see him going down to before your last player dies is 176.1 M (I might be wrong, but I cant see any better with the quality that video has) and none of our kills have ended before 175 mill. The fact that you last player died and the dots keeps ticking seems like a bug. We have had wipes on 180 mill, 177 and 176M respectively before we killed him, and all dots disappeared right as we wiped.

Seems buggy, but this fight is just that, buggy. Wouldnt hope to get the killed granted to me, because it seems like you fell just short of the goal line, but I guess you can try,

Deleted
    Yeah you may very well be right, gunna give it a go regardless, if not we're back in on Sunday and should finish the job. GM said there's a bunch of hotfixes planned for the encounter in the next batch. Will hopefully address a lot of the issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda reminds me of raiding in the EQ days. Nothing was dead until it was at -11% (I shit you not, bosses had 11% of negative health that needed to be burned too)