Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Im getting more and more annoyed at this point

I am trialing for a Mythic progression guild right now and i keep getting told that my dps could be better with my itemlevel, keep in mind that said guild isnt super hardcore or anything like that, im not annoyed at them however, as i understand how that stuff works.

My server is pretty much dead and theres only 2 guilds with respectable progression in EN, one of those are full on leather dps so im trialing for the other.

The thing im annoyed about is the stupid "your dps is low for your itemlevel", if getting a higher itemlevel means my dps gets lower for my itemlevel then whats the point of me progressing my gear?

And i also have no one to talk to regarding my class so i have no clue what to do, its a never-ending failure for me and ill never see EN Mythic at this point or any mythic for that matter, im really considering quitting the game, as this is getting more annoying and frustrating than fun right now.

"Your dps is low, your dps is pathetic, your itemlevel is 879 and you are pulling off crappy numbers like that? How did u even get here?" Are all criticisms that i hear from pugs and other people, but not the guild im trialing for.

I bought legion so that i could work hard and see some mythic and difficult end-game content with a friendly community(the guild im trialing for is that in most cases which is why i applied in the first place), but at this point this feels like an impossibility.

My name is Nhadaly and im on the Ghostlands realm if you wanna look up any of my stuff or whatever.

I got told to post my frustrations on this forum for some reason so here you go, sorry for plaguing this forum with my rant.

U have a very low momentum uptime, should work on that. U throw too many throw glaive w/o momentum buff on u.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, looking at a random sample of your EN fights, you are approximately at the same percentile% as most of your guild while passing them in most fights. ToV fights you need to significantly improve because you are way too low there (some in your guild are even worse).

Your guild has no grounds to complain about you when you are at or above the average performance there.

Looking at this fight, the first thing I observed is that you are barely using Vengeful Retreat; this would have given you approximately 10% extra momentum up-time.

As Nurden pointed out, you are not optimizing momentum usage. The most glaring issue here is that you are not using Fury of the Illidari and Throw Glaives consistently during Momentum. Also, during Momentum, Potion, and Chaos Blades, you should try to ensure that Momentum is nearly 100% up-time during that period using FR/Blur/VR; this is quite easy and especially critical during the initial engagement where you have/use all your CDs.

You may also want to load a few logs into www.checkmywow.com

It's fairly good at telling you where you could improve on any given fight.

Here's that fight Littlepwny described above: http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/8R...49/5?tab=basic

Word of caution...it will say needs improvement for even slightly less idea moves...so don't get all bent out of shape if it tells you "needs improvement" cause you TG'd once without a Momo buff.
    And it still thinks you should EB even on single target...which is an area of argument between DH's

Sometimes I'm grateful I'm in the guild I'm in. 4/7 mythic and sure I do higher dps than you do, but I have the ring (dunno what numbers I'd get without). I don't understand how you're getting people saying your dps is low. Different realms and guild I guess. I'm the melee officer in my guild, and if I saw ur dps with u doing ur numbers I would be totally ok with it. They're pretty good imo. Especially considering you don't have the ring. Having that ring would boost you to the numbers ur guild thinks you should be doing.

But saying you're doing fine doesn't help you as the guild you're in doesn't think the same as I do. I only ever use throw glaive with the momentum buff, the 20% applies to the dot as well. And yeah it does add up.
    Last edited by oodle; 2016-12-01 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks, the guild isnt complaining per say, they are just saying that my dps could be better with my itemlevel.

Ill try to use my cds every time they are off cd(momentum related), but ill die on Gwarm if i use blur outside of the charge.

I was annoyed as hell when i wrote my original post as i got tired of hearing those messages after all the hard work i put in to improve myself and my gear.

I was extremely bad a few weeks ago, my stats were correct but i was only pulling off 280k-300k on ursoc heroic.

Can anyone tell me if my opener is correct?

Meta -chaos blades - foti - vengeful - 2x glaive(one during midjump) - rush - normal rotation.

I got told that thats the opener all DHs use on the guild which is the top guild of my server, ive tried the normal opener which is rush - foti - 2x glaive then meta but its dps is inferior to the top guilds opener by about 90k dps.
    Last edited by mmocf61f75d39b; 2016-12-02 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhadaly View Post
    Thanks, the guild isnt complaining per say, they are just saying that my dps could be better with my itemlevel.

Ill try to use my cds every time they are off cd(momentum related), but ill die on Gwarm if i use blur outside of the charge.

I was annoyed as hell when i wrote my original post as i got tired of hearing those messages after all the hard work i put in to improve myself and my gear.

I was extremely bad a few weeks ago, my stats were correct but i was only pulling off 280k-300k on ursoc heroic.

Can anyone tell me if my opener is correct?

Meta -chaos blades - foti - vengeful - 2x glaive(one during midjump) - rush - normal rotation.

I got told that thats the opener all DHs use on the guild which is the top guild of my server, ive tried the normal opener which is rush - foti - 2x glaive then meta but its dps is inferior to the top guilds opener by about 90k dps.
    Use fel rush before Chaos Blade, you're losing 20% dmg for some of the 12 sec and on your foti which is insane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Use fel rush before Chaos Blade, you're losing 20% dmg for some of the 12 sec and on your foti which is insane
    Fel rush before chaos blades? Its momentum will overlap with Vengeful retreat if i do that.

Deleted
    Pot -> Meta -> CB -> FR -> TG -> FotI -> TG -> Normal rotation. Swapping around FR and CB is debatable, but IIRC this ended up being slightly higher. We don't open with VR as you do because FR does more damage and the 25 fury you gain from it is important to start building up fury so we can start spamming Annihilation as much as possible during CB. using a VR or FR after the first meta falls of is debatable, I prefer FR for the extra fury, however if you're doing fine on that front, getting your VR on cooldown will help in keeping up a higher momentum uptime during burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathana View Post
    Pot -> Meta -> CB -> FR -> TG -> FotI -> TG -> Normal rotation. Swapping around FR and CB is debatable, but IIRC this ended up being slightly higher. We don't open with VR as you do because FR does more damage and the 25 fury you gain from it is important to start building up fury so we can start spamming Annihilation as much as possible during CB. using a VR or FR after the first meta falls of is debatable, I prefer FR for the extra fury, however if you're doing fine on that front, getting your VR on cooldown will help in keeping up a higher momentum uptime during burst.
    The opener i use peaked at 720k dps while both your and the normal opener peaked at 640k, i do have the symbiote belt so those numbers are bloated to oblivion but after a few tests of all three these are the results.

EDIT: This opener business is weird, i get different numbers... this will require a lot of testing.
    Last edited by mmocf61f75d39b; 2016-12-02 at 11:30 PM.

The opener i use peaked at 720k dps while both your and the normal opener peaked at 640k, i do have the symbiote belt so those numbers are bloated to oblivion but after a few tests of all three these are the results.
    I more or less use the opener Arathana posted. It's better to get FR on cooldown than VR, but your opener is unlikely to result in a significant loss of damage. How much damage you do in the beginning is largely RNG anyway since it depends a lot on your fury gen and crits. You can get lucky and just be able to spam Annihilation every GCD while keeping up momentum since Annihilation does more damage than TG+Bloodlet, but usually you end up using TG during open gcds / when your fury is low.

EDIT: This opener business is weird, i get different numbers... this will require a lot of testing.
    The opener that I do is a bit different, I can approach peaks of 1 mil with it. Sometimes even over 1mil.

Pot > Meta > Fel Rush > Chaos Blades+Fury of the Illidari (can use both at same time) > Chaos Strike(s) > Fel Rush > Throw Glaive and the normal rotation

The difference being I have the Anger of the Half Giants Ring. If I'm overflowing with non stop crits and fury, I won't even use throw glaive until I start dropping to low fury amounts that it becomes worth doing it. Annihilation simply does far more damage than a throw glaive will at this point, especially when you've got hero at the same time. I overflow easy sometimes.

You can easily change it, if you don't have much fury

Pot > Meta > Fel Rush > Chaos Blades+Fury of the Illidari (can use both at same time) > Throw Glaive > Chaos Strike (if still time on momentum) > Fel Rush and the normal rotation
    Last edited by oodle; 2016-12-03 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    The opener that I do is a bit different, I can approach peaks of 1 mil with it. Sometimes even over 1mil.

Pot > Meta > Fel Rush > Chaos Blades+Fury of the Illidari (can use both at same time) > Chaos Strike(s) > Fel Rush > Throw Glaive and the normal rotation

The difference being I have the Anger of the Half Giants Ring. If I'm overflowing with non stop crits and fury, I won't even use throw glaive until I start dropping to low fury amounts that it becomes worth doing it. Annihilation simply does far more damage than a throw glaive will at this point, especially when you've got hero at the same time. I overflow easy sometimes.

Pot > Meta > Fel Rush > Chaos Blades+Fury of the Illidari (can use both at same time) > Throw Glaive > Chaos Strike (if still time on momentum) > Fel Rush and the normal rotation
    I actually did that rotation by mistake on the target dummy yesterday and it did a lot more damage than both.

watch?v=uGTWlL1onSU (cant post links, add this at the end of youtubes main page on the URL at the top) this is the result

Ill test it out in EN then.

I actually did that rotation by mistake on the target dummy yesterday and it did a lot more damage than both.

watch?v=uGTWlL1onSU (cant post links, add this at the end of youtubes main page on the URL at the top) this is the result

Ill test it out in EN then.
    On your opener you used chaos blades and foti then fel rushed

You want to do those after the fel rush. I mean actually now that I think about it, you could use chaos blades > fel rush > foti. I just like using both chaos blades and foti at the same time as they can be used simultaneously, less confusion.
    Last edited by oodle; 2016-12-03 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    FOTI Doesnt get the momentum damage boost if i cast it before fel rush? Even if it does damage during momentum?

FOTI Doesnt get the momentum damage boost if i cast it before fel rush? Even if it does damage during momentum?
    If it works anything like Throw Glaive and bloodlet, it snapshots your damage at the start. I'm fairly sure I heard someone said it did on some tutorial thread. I'd have to test it to make sure

This ^. Doing the same (without snapshot trick)

- - - Updated - - -

There is no ability in WoW that works like this cause Damage is calculated at first server side. If it was for every tick that would be a server overwork.

If it works anything like Throw Glaive and bloodlet, it snapshots your damage at the start. I'm fairly sure I heard someone said it did on some tutorial thread. I'd have to test it to make sure
    It never did this before; if it did it's new.

In fact, if you put up a momo when it explodes that *also* should get affected by the 20%, effectively allowing you to double-dip with FoTI.

Deleted
    I am not sure for which guild you are applying, but if it is "Sponsored By McDonalds" then they probably just don't have the guts to tell you they don#t want you right now (maybe because you are melee DPS).

This is one of their logs from Mythic Ursoc:
    //warcraftlogs.com/reports/fatJxz7cHVd4G9v8#fight=11&type=damage-done

Your DPS on Ursoc HC would put you at #5 on that fight - which is very reasonable, especially since you lack the proper legendary for your specc. Look at their own performance, its quite crappy for a lot of them. I mean it must be, because otherwise they#d be at 7/7. They have only three people that perfom on a level I personally would deem approopriate for Mythic raiding.

So yeah, its probably not you. They don#t want another player right now except he's clearly superior, and don't want to tell you up front.

If all else fails, try moving to a more populated realm. There are probably a lot guilds out there that would take you.

Deleted
    I moved to Kazzak today, hopefully ill find a good guild there.