Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Even if the entire purpose of the law, is to charge high fees to operate, that the taxi cartels know small companies and individual drivers can't afford to pay? It's a literal cartel when nobody can open a business and compete.
    I don't believe its a cartel in european countries, but feel free to believe it is.

No company should be allowed to dodge regulations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Following the Eastern High Court’s ruling that an Uber driver was guilty of operating an illegal taxi service, Denmark’s prosecuting authority has now filed charges against the popular ride-sharing service itself.

The Danish Prosecution Service (Anklagemyndigheden) and the Copenhagen Police announced on Friday that charges have been filed against Uber BV, the Dutch company behind the Uber app. The company is being charged with abetting drivers’ illegal taxi service.

“It has now been established that the drivers have operated in violation of the taxi laws. Therefore we have filed charges against the company for contributing to these law violations,” Vibeke Thorkil-Jensen, the head of public prosecutions, said in a press release.

http://www.thelocal.dk/20161202/dani...o-take-on-uber

It's good that someone starts cracking down on this shoddy service. More countries should follow suit.
    Lol. As if Uber can be stopped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    A government has that kind of power.

Honestly most 18 yo teens drive much better than the majority of taxi drivers.

I swear I almost died last time I went on a business trip in Lithuania and took a taxi.

- - - Updated - - -

If the drivers can be put in jail I'm fairly sure you'll see a decrease in drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    A government has that kind of power.
    Show me multiple countries where it has been stopped?

Germany? Netherlands? Italy? Belgium? Most of europe actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really think a company can be legally active in a country where its breaking the law, and that law is enforced?

This is what Americans actually believe.
    Well, at least Hubcap. You should see his inane thread about EU suing Google for breaking EU laws from a year or so ago. Apparently EU upholding its laws is jealousy or some shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Even if the entire purpose of the law, is to charge high fees to operate, that the taxi cartels know small companies and individual drivers can't afford to pay? It's a literal cartel when nobody can open a business and compete.
    I don't know about Netherlands (at least I think that's where Gilrak is from), but in Poland taxis are cheap and new companies open all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uber got hit by the UK courts a while back as well for something to do with whether or not its drivers are employees or self employed. uber said they were self employed and that allowed them to be paid less or something, and the courts ruled that drivers are employees.
    dragonmaw - EU

7+ Year Old Account
    All this hate for Uber and similar services is retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    All this hate for Uber and similar services is retarded.
    Not a fan of companies who want to ignore our laws.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of countries whose laws work against entrepreneurs. /shrug

Then don't do business in those countries if your business is shoddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Who cares about it requiring no education, its driving a car, I got my license when i was 15 sure didn't need a masters degree to do it.
    That was all you could comment on?
    Neato.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    EU countries don't like successful American companies.

If a US company is popular you can bet a European government is currently suing it.
    Maybe there's something wrong with US companies that often have very little customer security. Just food for thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    That has to one of the more arrogant things that ive read lately.
    Its not the business of foreign companies to decide what regulations a country should have, we don't want to live in an Ancap/libertarian 'utopia'.

uber has to be shutdown, it is unsafe and you as a customer have no insurance etc protecting you if things go wrong. and they do not pay taxes etc on the income they generate it is basically what we call svart taxi in Sweden. It is both dangerous to you as a customer and your country to have uber around. it will mean that your town will not get a staffed taxi service on the off peak hours it means you will find hundreds of extra cars on weekend nights outside of bars and nightclubs but not a car to be seen when you need one that wednesday night in the middle of the winter.

If you care about your people you should make sure you outlaw uber. and i will NEVER use them since the deregulation of the taximarket in Sweden was bad enough and caused harm that is still felt in most of the cities in Sweden . And uber is just even worse than that disaster. the deregulation created lots of shady "taxi" operations that where on paper legal but was nothign more than scams and operations to laundry money for the mafia

- - - Updated - - -

And i will say i am not a fan of so called entrepreneurs thats business model is to not pay taxes, not be licenced and insured etc etc, you know it is called cutting corners for a reason and when you get injuried for life in that uber car crash and you end up getting NO money what so ever, yep thats why we stand against these so called scams

Uber doesn't just ignore laws, its whole business model is build upon circumventing the laws everyone else has to follow, that is not "ignoring the law" it is actively undermining the law.

Everyone saying lower fares... uber is ripping desperate people off. The extra money is great if you don't count the wear and tear on your vehicle and repair/new car costs.

Taxi prices aren't high, they are realistic. How bout telling car companies to stop rolling out 30k+ models every damn year and maybe make some lower cost options for people who want or need them. Everyone's shitting on taxi's and when the next thing hits they'll be shitting on uber.