Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    After testing on the PTR a bit it seems like the best ST talents will be Way of the Cobra and One with The Pack, maybe going for mastery and crit. Sometimes you can have 3-4 WB up at once (rng sadly) and that boosts Cobra shot, titan's thunder and works well with 4pc.
    You do understand that dire beast provide around 2-3% of your total damage ST. A boost of 60% means nothing. They could make it 600% and it would still be utter trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    You do understand that dire beast provide around 2-3% of your total damage ST. A boost of 60% means nothing. They could make it 600% and it would still be utter trash.
    I also don't think its a good 4pc. I was merely testing the new talents. Hopefully it changes in some way.

Deleted
    Is there a Dire Frenzy version?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babebridou View Post
    Is there a Dire Frenzy version?
    no /10char

Yeah, the 4 piece is practically useless even though they buffed it to 60%.

Deleted
    Our 4pc can NOT be complete / finished... Dire Beast lasts 8seconds, if used perfect then our 4pc is wasted. It can not be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Our 4pc can NOT be complete / finished... Dire Beast lasts 8seconds, if used perfect then our 4pc is wasted. It can not be complete.
    Not to mention that it wouldn't work with dire frenzy. It's bound to change.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard won't fix it, I guarantee it. Remember how long it took them to fix our paragon?

I remember the SoO 4 set bonus, dealing dmg with a focus cost spell increases your dmg by 2% stacking up to 10%, we were stacking dmg bonus by arcane shots and then KC. That would be great in current bm.

It is so dull that dire beast reduces cd of bw additional 3 seconds. They could put in 4 set bonus into 2 set one. Say your dire beast(s) do x% more dmg in BW. Your DB's which will be summoned during BW get the bonus as well.

My suggestion is they could bake the lvl 100 talent AOTB into set bonuses as well. A bleed attached to KC or CS during BW would be good. I miss serpent sting in BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the real question is, does anyone still play as bm while hati is bugged to the boots ?

i mean, i was always talking like '' no matter what i will play as bm forever '' blah blah but even i am playing as mm after what ... 12 years ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    I'm loving BM and sticking with it, but I don't do cutting edge content ;x

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    the real question is, does anyone still play as bm while hati is bugged to the boots ?

i mean, i was always talking like '' no matter what i will play as bm forever '' blah blah but even i am playing as mm after what ... 12 years ?
    Hati isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but i still do mythic raid content and have keystone master as BM so it's perfectly playable at a high level.

My legendary's are legs/boots.

People say BM is boring but MM is worse, i'd stop playing before i played MM full time, got MM up to 31 traits before i switched so gave it a go.
    Last edited by SeagullMD; 2016-12-05 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    It's a symptom of a larger problem. Several aspects of BM were clearly designed for some earlier iteration that never saw the light of day which involved a larger number of dire beasts active for longer. Titan's Thunder has the same issue: it doesn't affect newly summoned Dire Beasts, so you have an 8-second duration buff that can never possibly be up for the full 8 seconds on any dire beast (you can get close to it with 1, but not completely because the DB has to happen at least some time BEFORE the Titan's Thunder). We have talents like Way of the Cobra which rely on multiple pets up at once. Surge of the Stormgod also depends on the amount of dire beasts up.

And this "larger problem" is itself is part of the root cause that is BM received little to no attention over the entire testing phase. Blizzard is convinced that any perceived problem with the spec is entirely the player's problem and not the developer's (see: downtime).
    This is exactly what it seems like. Someone started making it then had to drop it and let someone else take over without knowing or trying to figure out what the other person intended. It's so obvious when you look at dire frenzy, way of the cobra, titan's thunder, killer cobra, stomp, the legendary boots. There could be great synergy and multiple useful talents there. But instead there's only one useful talent build on live. Unfortunately I think we will need to wait until next expansion for any major changes. I think there are definitely some good ideas but it's not fully fleshed out.

On a better note though I have been on the PTR and I have to say the buffs to one with the pack along with the legendary shoulders and the 4 set make BM really cool in my opinion. I played around on target dummies and once I had 6 dire beasts up using Big Game Hunter! And often had 2 to 3 active even without big game hunter. This did wonders for focus generation. BW comes up much faster with the shoulders and set bonuses. I experienced 10 to 15 seconds of BW downtime usually. Some times I had none at all. I don't know how all the talents will sim out, but it certainly plays much smoother and more actively than it does on live.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2016-12-05 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Making anything off of the first 20% is honestly flat out weird though. That spec is good the shortest time of a fight, cos all CDs and lust is on start usually, meaning your beef window is even shorter than any other 20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeagullMD View Post
    Hati isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but i still do mythic raid content and have keystone master as BM so it's perfectly playable at a high level.

My legendary's are legs/boots.

People say BM is boring but MM is worse, i'd stop playing before i played MM full time, got MM up to 31 traits before i switched so gave it a go.
    well my hati isn't even attacking and sitting idle next to me or worse, aoeing near me WITHOUT any mobs near me UNLESS i kc and then manually kc to each target ( if there is more than 1 ) in order it to continue attacking instead of returning to my side after its kc target dies. it is a design flaw and until they change the overall pet ai i will stay as mm.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    well my hati isn't even attacking and sitting idle next to me or worse, aoeing near me WITHOUT any mobs near me UNLESS i kc and then manually kc to each target ( if there is more than 1 ) in order it to continue attacking instead of returning to my side after its kc target dies. it is a design flaw and until they change the overall pet ai i will stay as mm.
    The easy solution to this is simply to macro a pet attack command to multishot and KC.

Deleted
    ^
    What he said. Solves all hati issues, and use "pet move to" command often in raid encounters, one example is Elrethe, it works miracles.

Handling your beast for best cleave positions etc brings the necessary complexity of BM that are often whined about being absent. Im not sayin it's high complexity, but another dimension that you can take as a challenge instead of wanting everything to be smart.

It's also so obvious that more people need to try PTR. Log on, get legendary shoulders and try out scorpion and spellcaster. If you are half-competent you will compete will all other Aoe-speccs on fights like these.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i think without legendary bracers the dk one would probably add next to nothing as you really don't burst that many wounds without them, you burst them 1 or 2 at a time and your generator can give you up to 4 on 1 hit so adding another 1 is kinda meaning less if you have the bracers maybe as you burst alot more so you want alot more but other wise not really.
    Who cares about the DK set bonus? This thread is about Hunters, and another class/spec having a shitty set bonus does not invalidate the discussion about how bad the BM Hunter set bonus is.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Who cares about the DK set bonus? This thread is about Hunters, and another class/spec having a shitty set bonus does not invalidate the discussion about how bad the BM Hunter set bonus is.
    i play dk and hunters so i care.....