Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    People seem to forget our computer phones and other devices have a built in anti bully feature. It's called the power button. Can easily shut down and go for a hike or a walk. But it seems people forget we can unplug and it is probably the healthiest thing someone in this situation can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You have the power! Have children, and raise them to be kind and understanding and tolerant.

As to what to do about others? Not my kids, not my problem. All I can do, is if I have a child, I will teach them to have thicker skin.
    As someone who used - emphises on the used - to be bullied, by all means I'll teach my kids right and wrong, I'll teach them to have a thick skin. But I'll also teach them how to hit back, violence isn't the answer but it can the solution.

I snapped when I was a youngster, I don't remember what happened, I just remember three of the rugby lads all holding me back from one of these bullies and him cowering at the other end of the room. Never, ever had a issue after that.

Fast forward a few years I decided to get back into training (martial arts) and I worked my way back to the top of the club, got a bit older more with it, started teaching and leading classes. I remember one night we had this 14 year old girl break down in the middle of the class, we took her out to talk to her and it turned out she was being bullied in school, "Picked on" during classes in front of the teachers that weren't getting involved, outside of the classes she was getting hit, spat on, hair pulled, her bag contents been thrown all over the school and this carried on to the train ride home. At home, she was getting abuse via text and facebook. This had been going on for over 6 months. So we told her, they've been physical, its completely in your rights to be physical back, this is why your here. She come in the following monday, happy as anything, turned out after we talked to her, she got on the train the next day, endured another day of torment, then on the way home one of these ring leaders decided to pull her hair from behind, so she turned and walloped her once, knocked her completely on her arse. She didn't have any issues what so ever for the last two years in school.

Now people might argue you shouldn't tell people or even kids to do that, you should leave it to deputies in the schools to sort out, frankly in most cases it doesn't work. By all means you do it the right way, you report it to a teacher, if it carries on, you report it a deputy, carry's on, you tell mum and dad and they get involved, if it carry's on then thats it, Thats the point you have to do something about it. And no, not go mental and kick their heads in, just once clean hit to show you will defend yourselves, most of the time thats all you need. But I will not have my future kids going through what I did in school. It was hell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eul View Post
    People seem to forget our computer phones and other devices have a built in anti bully feature. It's called the power button. Can easily shut down and go for a hike or a walk. But it seems people forget we can unplug and it is probably the healthiest thing someone in this situation can do.
    thats true, but why should someone deny themselves something they enjoy because someones using that platform to abuse them. I agree people need to ignore / remove / know how privacy settings work, but at no point should anyone have to turn off anything because they are afraid

10+ Year Old Account
    As a last resort, you should definitely know how to defend yourself. I don't disagree with you.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eul View Post
    Great. Should she also lock herself in her house to avoid real world bullying?

Also, how would her turning off her devices prevent them from posting sex ads in her name?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why is it so easy to get a gun?
    probably because her parents didn't have it locked in a gun safe