Deleted

Laptop prevaricaton

So I've been wanting to get a laptop for doing wq, posdibly dungeons while commuting on the train. I dont want a gaming laptopand wonder if something like a i5 with msybe intel hd 620 integrated gfx would be acceptable?

Somethng like an asus xa390 or even 305? Maybe even a macbook pro with bootcamp?

Im ruling out surface book because the gap when closed seems risky when putting in a bag.

Id prefer to pay £600 but can go over 1k if the laptop is shiny enough.

Any suggestions and opinions from people who have tried doing wq on such hardware would be most welcome.

Does the train have a spot for you to plug in? If not, I would not really suggest even trying this. Gaming on a laptop can be burdensome enough, gaming on a laptop that is not plugged in you will either be dealing with aggressive power settings throttling you to the point of unplayability or if you turn that off then you'll have a battery that will drain in no time flat.

Deleted
    Yeah most days i have a power socket available. Wifi even works during miles-long tunnels.

Still waiting for flying cars though

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Yeah most days i have a power socket available. Wifi even works during miles-long tunnels.

Still waiting for flying cars though
    Then it should be fine. I used to have one myself that I would use when I had to go cover our retail store on the weekends. Usually dead and nothing else to do, so I'd bring my laptop and farm or whatever. Worked very well, as long as it was plugged in. I was on WiFi as well. The one I had was a Dell with an i5 and integrated graphics. Friend had bought it for work and then they eliminated the position they promoted him to the week before he started, so he sold me the laptop for cheap. I later sold it to another friend as I no longer needed it. Was a 3rd or 4th gen IIRC, I can call my friend and ask if you want, but if it ran it fine, something current should be more than ok.

Deleted
    Good to know ty.