Deleted

Is it worth buying polaris now or should i wait for vega cards ?

So,
    Amd released info that, they will be releasing vega in 2 versions ,one which replace polaris lineup and the second version which will compete with 1070.
    Is buying rx 470 a good idea ?
    I am currently on the budget.
    Should i wait for vega cards ?
    I want to buy good gpu, rx 470 isn't bad, but if they release a gpu better gpu with the same price with better specs, buying new gpu now would be a bad choice.
    I have a nice deal for rx 470. Less then 15$ more then 1050ti from msi.
    So is buying rx 470 a good idea or am i wasting my money now ?
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,

There is ALWAYS going to be something better/faster/cheaper being released 3-6 months from now.

No matter what you buy or how much you spend, something will come along that is better in 3-6 months.

The question you need to ask is

"Is this enough better than what I have, that it will it do what I need it to do, for however long it is that I want to keep it for"

So what DO you want it to do for you?

Ultra settings at 4k resolution @ 60 fps?
    Medium settings at 1080p @ 30 fps?
    Something in-between?

You don't need a 1070 for the medium settings and you'd need a Titan X Pascal for the 4k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    There is ALWAYS going to be something better/faster/cheaper being released 3-6 months from now.

No matter what you buy or how much you spend, something will come along that is better in 3-6 months.

"Is this enough better than what I have, that it will it do what I need it to do, for however long it is that I want to keep it for"

Something in-between?

You don't need a 1070 for the medium settings and you'd need a Titan X Pascal for the 4k.
    yeah, i get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    So,
    Amd released info that, they will be releasing vega in 2 versions ,one which replace polaris lineup and the second version which will compete with 1070.
    I've heard rumors of this, but nothing from AMD, unless I missed something? I can't imagine AMD has a replacement already for the RX 480.
    Is buying rx 470 a good idea ?
    It's the best performance per dollar graphics card, so yes.
    I am currently on the budget.
    Should i wait for vega cards ?
    I imagine the Vega cards will cost more than the Polaris cards. So probably shouldn't wait.
    I want to buy good gpu, rx 470 isn't bad, but if they release a gpu better gpu with the same price with better specs, buying new gpu now would be a bad choice.
    I have a nice deal for rx 470. Less then 15$ more then 1050ti from msi.
    So is buying rx 470 a good idea or am i wasting my money now ?
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,
    Only possible way to get a better deal is wait for after Christmas, and that's an if maybe sorta thing. Get the card.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post

Something in-between?

You don't need a Titan X card for 4K. Just a 1080 wich is cheaper and faster. Titan X is NOT a gaming card
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    You don't need a Titan X card for 4K. Just a 1080 wich is cheaper and faster. Titan X is NOT a gaming card
    You may be thinking of the older Titan X, which that is true of.

The Titan X Pascal, is the most powerful single GPU available for gaming. It's a different and significantly larger GPU than what's in the 1080. It isn't a fully enabled version of the 1080, it's the GP102 vs the GP104 in the 1080. There are no custom versions with better cooling and thus it is held back to a certain extent by it's cooler, but there are water blocks available for that.

It is however, horrifically expensive, as a single card costs ($1200) about as much as an SLI pair of 1080s, so it's terrible from a bang for the buck perspective. But a single card is preferable vs multiple GPUs at least currently.

1080s tend to fall at least somewhat short of 60 fps at 4k on ultra settings. Can you game on a 1080 at 4k, absolutely, but at lower settings or frame rates. The Titan X Pascal usually hits the 60 fps mark and generally has a significant edge in frame rates, usually in the 20%+ range.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2016-12-05 at 07:20 PM.

RX 470 is slightly better than 1050ti, and with time the gap probably increases.

This might be out of your budget range but ill mention it anyway: there has been some really nice discounts on fury cards lately, basically near 1070 performance for $250.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Kyy View Post
    RX 470 is slightly better than 1050ti, and with time the gap probably increases.

This might be out of your budget range but ill mention it anyway: there has been some really nice discounts on fury cards lately, basically near 1070 performance for $250.
    I have 500W psu, i would need at least 600W.

On top of that, it would hardly fit in my case.
    I have around 31 cm from my the end of case to the my hard drives.
    Last edited by mmoc582315ea92; 2016-12-05 at 09:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I have 500W psu, i would need at least 600W.

On top of that, it would hardly fit in my case.
    I have around 31 cm from my the end of case to the my hard drives.
    The Fury cards are actually very small, due to HBM memory. But since everyone likes to put huge coolers on them anyway, they do get large. But it wouldn't be any different with some of the RX 470 cards. This one is $260 which is surprisingly cheap. Not sure why your case has so little room, as it should fit standard cases.

The Fury cards do perform nearly as fast as a GTX 1070 using DX12, but is it worth getting over a RX 480 or GTX 1060? It wouldn't matter anyway cause these cards do fall out of your price range, and so far I've only seen one brand for $260, meaning everyone is eliminating their stock of these cards. As for power consumption a system with these cards won't reach 500w, assuming your PSU is of decent quality.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9421/t...pphire-asus/17