Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    It shows as this for me : http://puu.sh/sCVe5/e14a106c84.jpg
    I even went through to actual payment and it's still that.
    What I read said its additional costs on top of that

10+ Year Old Account
    only $5 for me

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're in US no?
    Yes, but I also live in the middle of nowhere...

For example, calling out anyone to maintenance anything, like repairing the lawnmower, fixing/setting a door, repairing a window, etc, is always $100+ just for the trip to my house.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2016-12-03 at 05:48 PM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The UK had a vote in the middle of the year to devalue the pound against the USD. But that is whole other discussion.
    Yet it's an EU directive that requires tax and customs duty to be applied to purchases from outside the EU.

In the UK:

• If the goods are worth more than £15 you will pay tax on the price paid for the goods, postage, packaging and insurance and on any customs duty that is due.
    • If the goods are worth more than £135 then you will pay customs duty on the the price paid for the goods, postage, packaging and insurance.

Edit: This is in addition to any charges that the courier makes to collect the tax and customs monies due. Ofcourse the charge itself is subject to tax

Essentially the EU decided that it was losing too much revenue from online overseas sales, and in order to encourage people to buy from within the EU it would force it's member states to levy excessive tax and duty on imports from outside the EU. Basically it is EU trade protectionism at its finest....
    Last edited by Bethanie; 2016-12-03 at 05:44 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I read said its additional costs on top of that
    Blizzard do, or customs does?

Im always skeptical with postage prices from the US,

I've seen people been charge a arm and a leg for nothing, even myself, I bought a yugioh card, the card cost 6 while the postage cost 11 - still paid it, this card costs 70 in the uk.

However, in Jan I also bought a new canon camera, bought it as a bundle. The company was not only stupidly cheaper than the UK, but they sent it out free of charge. On top of that, when it arrived the mini tripod was naff, couldn't support its weight, phoned the company to say, great bundle but frankly tripod was naff, before I finished the sentence, he was like "we know, we can send a free one out" they did, better quality, free P and P

Oh also all the above, arrived in less than a week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Blizzard doesn't control import taxes?
    Except that this has nothing to do with import taxes because you'll be paying those if customs decide to check your package.

Blizzard's payment has to do with the way they ship it: I.E: in a sized box with tracking

So I was just about to buy the limited edition fel kitten plushie when I read that they slap a £30 postal charge on top, that would make it £55 for a plushie!? o.O Is this true?
    Yap, EU gets premium charge on postage bcoz 'Murica

Also prepare to pay additional taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Im always skeptical with postage prices from the US,

I've seen people been charge a arm and a leg for nothing, even myself, I bought a yugioh card, the card cost 6 while the postage cost 11 - still paid it, this card costs 70 in the uk.
    I never bought my cards from US simply because I always found the shipping simply not worth it, damn glad I found Cardmarket.eu because it's a hassle to sort through each European website finding all cards you need (Because there's always a few they don't have)
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2016-12-03 at 05:52 PM.

It is not a customs' charge, the total value including the $8.90 shipping on their website is around £30 which would attract a charge of around £5-6.

Deleted
    Customs or FedEx

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way the import duty on a $25 item will be £20 they should be around £5-6.
    I didn't say it would be. I'm just saying how much my thing was. Bulwark of Azzinoth was considerably more expensive than the plushie.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

So I was just about to buy the limited edition fel kitten plushie when I read that they slap a £30 postal charge on top, that would make it £55 for a plushie!? o.O Is this true?
    you order right before usps/ups/fedex has the BIGGEST SEASON EVER, and are shocked when they charge you the holiday rate + overseas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    you order right before usps/ups/fedex has the BIGGEST SEASON EVER, and are shocked when they charge you the holiday rate + overseas?
    £30 for a plushie yeah, rip off

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate, I think that is to cover the customs. Lately, a lot of EU countries has been struck down by the customs when getting things from the US.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I thought Blizz has a warehouse in the EU as well. Guess I was wrong.

Edit: not like shipping within the EU countries was cheap. No matter if it's amazon or ebay, shipping prices are around 20-30 EUR for small/medium packages even from let's say Germany to Hungary.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-12-03 at 07:56 PM.

i wish i had money for the plushie.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way the import duty on a $25 item will be £20 they should be around £5-6.
    Yeah, the delivery company often charges you a fee as well for the privilege of paying the custom charges in many cases. I ended up paying about £12 to pick up the Diablo Wizard T shirt and socks from Jinx that cost a total of about £30. :/ Think the duty limit is about £20 (which the Plush comes in less than).

Been considering the Widowmaker hoody, kinda put off though for similar reasons. Really wish Blizz would make an EU gear store, although the postage quote I got for that is only $8.90.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-12-03 at 09:25 PM.

I live in the US but i sometimes send gifts to the UK to my family and the charge it costs to send is almost criminal!

Im not sure why and who are the ones gouging the US post office or the royal mail or the UK taxman

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, the delivery company often charges you a fee as well for the privilege of paying the custom charges in many cases. I ended up paying about £12 to pick up the Diablo Wizard T shirt and socks from Jinx that cost a total of about £30. :/ Think the duty limit is about £20 (which the Plush comes in less than).

Been considering the Widowmaker hoody, kinda put off though for similar reasons. Really wish Blizz would make an EU gear store, although the postage quote I got for that is only $8.90.
    The OP has not made it clear whether he has tried to order the plush and this is what he would be charged or he read this on the forums. I selected the plush from Blizz store and was quoted $8.90 shipping to the UK which I think is quite reasonable (£25 for a cuddly toy is a bit of a rip-off ). This would attract duty of around £5-6 if the courier is then adding £20 on top to covert this then Blizzard should be made aware of this as it is no doubt costing them business.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I live in the middle of a very populated area of the US. To get someone out to my house to do the same jobs it's almost always $100+ just for them to come out to my house. That cost has nothing to do with where you live and everything to do with how that kind of business is conducted.
    Well, it wasn't like that in other places that I lived, this is the first time that I've encountered it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    The UK had a vote in the middle of the year to devalue the pound against the USD. But that is whole other discussion.
    but hasnt it risen since the yanks voted for trump